• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay ashamed of her own race's spending habits (Acceptable?)

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i feel that the malays are a drag to singapore,why not have a citizen exchange with malaysia.

change singapore malays for malaysia chinese.
the problem is the malaysia chinese may not want to come here.

i think it is a win win senario, malays get to balik kampong and lower educated malaysia chinese get to come to singapore.

i am sure a low educated malaysia chinese is worth more economically than a malay, and it is sure hell better than mass importing prcs'.

might as well depot you to africa...:oIo:...dun be a no brainer..

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just let me add on. When it involves malays pls don't critisize them too much. Even if you're a malay if not you might be called a racist.

So all malays are nice ppl, good in soccer, good singers and friendly. They don't do too well in academics cos they prefer the peaceful lifestyle unlike the bloody money minded evil chinese. When they do wrong like those malays chopping up others either in 369 or omega gang it's also the fault of the chinese.

If you want to critisize others pls take note to only critique chinese ppl as materialistic, soulless etc.

Btw singapore belongs to the malays hence your homes and everything here belongs to them. The cars and the homes u paid for with your hard work actually belongs to them. Okay.

Weekim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if the writer is malay in race, he/she has made sweeping judgements and statements about a specific race which amounts to racism. I will suggest everyone to refrain from discussing about this issue further.

I just do not wish to see a fellow forumer get into trouble with the law. :smile:

30something

i read some of the earlier posts on this thread and may have missed out bits and pieces here and there.

but anyhow, i just want to air my personal view here if this thread is still open.

a fellow in-camp mate once mentioned that it is ok for local chinese to make fun of local malays and vice versa. nothing too malicious. it's some kind of insider joke handed down from our respective forefathers.

but, the line is crossed when outsiders do likewise.

so, i would be alot less critical of one another's flaws in times like these and maybe even ask why not help ourselves in our own little ways when the situation calls for.

do-able? :confused:

last year, my imaginary tokong friend says to me "divided we fall like dow huay..."

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.agri-biz.com/Singlenews.aspx?DirID=107&rec_code=715524

31 March 11 The Strait Times
by Terrence Voon & Fabius Chen
Footballers in the red

ONE player had his car repossessed. Another resorted to loan sharks to pay off his debts. A third bought an expensive LCD television set, only to give it up after he could not keep up with payments.

These are tales that are repeated all too often in the S-League. Dazzled by their pay packet and new-found status as a professional player, some young footballers here pursue a lifestyle they cannot afford, and end up mired in debt.

Yesterday, it was reported that Home United goalkeeper Siddiq Durimi had his contract terminated after he failed to show up for training for three weeks. The 22-year-old reportedly suffered from financial problems.

His plight is not unique. Officials and players told The Straits Times yesterday that young players, in particular, are the most vulnerable.

'To say the problem doesn't exist is a lie,' said Singapore Armed Forces FC general manager Kok Wai Leong, who has counselled several players with financial difficulties in the past.

One player, he recalled, had his saloon car repossessed by creditors just a year after buying it, because he could not keep up with the monthly payments. :rolleyes:

'It all boils down to spending beyond their means,' said Kok. 'They get their first salary, and they buy luxury goods on credit. Some buy a car or motorbike, others get married too early.'

According to the clubs, top S-League players who also feature in the national team are typically paid between $4,000 and $8,000. The average local player, however, takes home between $2,500 and $4,000. At some of the smaller clubs, some players are paid just $1,000 or less.

The desire to buy expensive items to keep up with well-off peers can be overwhelming, said a player who did not want to be named. In one case, loan sharks were hounding a player who had overspent on electronics and designer goods.

Hougang United chairman Bill Ng also recounted how one of his players bought a 47-inch LCD TV set just because a teammate had one. In the end, he could not cough up the monthly instalments and the TV was repossessed by the store.

But Ng is most worried by the 'gambling culture' among some footballers.

'Some players think that betting can get them rich quick, but they end up with even bigger financial burdens,' he said.

To pay off their creditors, desperate players end up borrowing money from teammates, or ask for cash advances from their club. On its part, the Football Association of Singapore conducts regular talks on financial management for players and extends help on a case-by-case basis.

In the case of Tampines Rovers, chairman Teo Hock Seng has been known to extend personal loans to players.

The Stags' former team manager Syed Faruk, also reportedly forked out $30,000 in recent years to help pay the traffic summonses incurred by winger Aliff Shafaein.

But there are instances where players run into hardship through no fault of their own, said Faruk. Some simply did not earn enough to support their families.

'We helped them by asking them to do extra coaching at the Tampines academy and earn extra money,' he said.

According to Balestier Khalsa vice-chairman S. Thavaneson, money woes can hit any Singaporean, not just footballers. The key concern, however, is that players in need of cash can become easy targets for illegal bookmakers and match-fixers.

'Anybody who is in a financial rut is very vulnerable... which is why clubs must always keep an eye on players in such situations,' he cautioned.

SAFFC striker Indra Sahdan Daud, 32, who once earned $10,000 a month as the S-League's best-paid player, knows only too well about the urge to splurge.

'I used to spend all my money,' he said. 'Looking back, I should have saved it instead. Football is not a long career, so you've got to save as much as you can.'

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while on the road, u just check out the number of OPC (off peak cars) that passes by you. out of 10 opc, probably about 6 driven by mats.

they cannot afford car die die still wanna look good. so buy opc lor. its their culture.

they are all the same, house reno beli swee, furniture swee swee, drive swee swee car, dress swee swee...but.............their pocket all big hole, owe alot of dollars to courts, harvery norman, loan sharks.....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they are all the same, house reno beli swee, furniture swee swee, drive swee swee car, dress swee swee...but.............their pocket all big hole, owe alot of dollars to courts, harvery norman, loan sharks.....

true ...but i also got one friend he got many money in the bank ...but hes very stingy ...got one time he lost few cents at one of his friends place ..he suddenly become crazy .