• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Major Security Lapses @ NEL- Sabotage Not Ruled Out ???

Hammerton

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read with great concern over headlines on Yahoo, ST and AsiaOne News Portal attributed to SBS Transit CEO "Sabotage not ruled out in NEL breakdown"!

I hope SBS/LTA have credible evidences pointing toward a possible sabotage on NEL for yesterday major failure!

If not, they must dispute in no uncertain term and distant themselves from the above statement PRONTO!

I cannot imagine the implication of such a major security lapse on a transport infrastructure that moves hundreds of thousand of passengers daily!

IF NEL security is so easily breached, what is there to stop saboteurs accessing our MRT tunnel, rail track and supporting infrastructure to do greater mischief than "Snapping Wires"???

Last edited:

Hammerton

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further to the above, in the interest of public safety and assurance, LTA should demand a full accounting from SBS Transit CEO immediately on his rational for not ruling out the possibility of Sabotage (other than layman terms like stainless steel suppose to be very strong, no sign of corrosion, etc)!

I sincerely hope, SBS senior management and technical expertise fully understood the severeness between a "Mechanical or Operating Failures" vs a "Security Breach" incident.

In my view, a "security breach" is perhaps thousands, no ... millions times more serious that a "operating failure"!

If indeed, there are evidences pointing to a possible sabotage, than it is all the more urgent that a competent Board of Inquiry be convened immediately to investigate and plug the security holes!

There should be a "Zero Tolerance" in our public transport operators for lax security!

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read with great concern over headlines on Yahoo, ST and AsiaOne News Portal attributed to SBS Transit CEO "Sabotage not ruled out in NEL breakdown"!

I hope SBS/LTA have credible evidences pointing toward a possible sabotage on NEL for yesterday major failure!

If not, they must dispute in no uncertain term and distant themselves from the above statement PRONTO!

I cannot imagine the implication of such a major security lapse on a transport infrastructure that moves hundreds of thousand of passengers daily!

IF NEL security is so easily breached, what is there to stop saboteurs accessing our MRT tunnel, rail track and supporting infrastructure to do greater mischief than "Snapping Wires"???

Wonder why TRE or TOC is not taking this up.......... at least "once in 50 years" they back up some statistics, and can blame further occurence as statistical effect or chance.

Now this is really lame, blame of sabotage without any suggestive evidence (i cannot even lower myself to use the word proof).

Next time what?? Terrorist rehearsal for attack resulting in rail failure??