• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mainstream media twists the truth

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Original article link http://satayclub.net/2011/04/mainstream-media-twists-the-truth/

(Taken from The Satay Club)

--

I must say that I am very concerned about this. I saw this CNA report on the news. I thought that Nicole Seah was from the Christian right-wing lobby and was saying that repealing the anti-gay laws would cause nuclear family units to break down, and I was thinking to myself, the opposition is splitting up.

Later on I realised that Nicole's views were actually very different.

And of course, TNP totally slandered Vincent Wijeysingha.

I feel that the accountability of the media is very important and I am surprised that no-one has raised this as an issue ahead of this election.

In fact, Low Thia Khiang even praised the media and said that they were doing a better job this time. Really?

Why is no MP courageous enough to question the PAP's use of the media as its private propaganda machine? Why won't anyone advocate for the formation of at least one more newspaper, by a private company not SPH or MediaCorp?

And most importantly why is it that no one questions the links between PAP and SPH, for example Lim Kim San and then Tony Tan as SPH chairmen?

I think that these are serious issues that need to be answered. Singaporeans deserve a better media. Not one that deliberately twists facts. Journalism is meant to be a noble profession. These so-called "reporters" are effectively propagandists, not journalists.

No one has raised this issue. WP, NSP, SPP, SDP, RP, SDA and PAP backbenchers have all remained totally silent.

insomia23

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you know the reason why???

this year GE 2011, vincent has shown good presentation during his tv live debate which proven he is out spoken and will fight for our rights. therefore, PAPpies has issued an order to kill, to smear, to tarnish this soon-to-be MP once he win the GRC.

because Pappies is scared that their godfather who is in the late 80s will no longer have the strength to fight him in parliament unlike those days he has the strength to fight JBJ.

vincent is the new generations of JBJ spirits. JBJ has sent vincent to come and teach pappies a lesson.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK but that doesn't answer my question.

My question is why has no one (WP, SDP, NSP, SPP, SDA, RP, SF) spoken up regarding the horrendous state of the media in Singapore?

No one has even bothered to bring this up. Mr Low Thia Khiang even praised the media and said they are doing a better job this time round!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS have raised these issues and still not ready to vote in opposition.
I think this is a nationwide phenomenon.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS have raised these issues and still not ready to vote in opposition.
I think this is a nationwide phenomenon.

TS is a troll who just registered. Pretending to be pro-opposition but in reality trying to sow discord among the opposition parties.

I would ignore him and let his thread die.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it works the other way around.

If the opposition candidate in my ward (Desmond Lim) speaks out on the issue of unfair media coverage, I will be much more convinced to vote for him.

I would happily vote for a credible opposition candidate. As far as "credible" goes, my bar is set very low because I want to see change in the system. I would vote for Goh Meng Seng, Steve Chia, Nicole Seah, Hazel Poa, Sylvia Lim, Low Thia Khiang, Chen Show Mao, Vincent Wijeysingha, Benjamin Pwee, Chiam See Tong, etc despite their so-called "imperfections".

But this does not mean voting in ANY opposition.

Going by your logic, I should vote for anyone and everyone who is not from the PAP, even if the person is completely inept. So, if Tin Pei Ling was not from PAP, would you vote for her?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would vote a monkey in if animals are allowed to stand for elections (a real monkey or any other animals from the zoo for that matter).
Because I believe a monkey would do less harm to Singapore and Singaporeans.

jw5

Loyal
If you didn't use your reservist rank as your nickname, I would be more convinced to read your posts. :biggrin:

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you didn't use your reservist rank as your nickname, I would be more convinced to read your posts. :biggrin:

I am proud of serving NS and reservist. Nothing wrong with that. I went through alot in NS just like most Singaporeans. My reservist rank is something I am proud of because I had to make sacrifices to attain it, and even now I have increased responsibilities during call-ups. I don't see what's wrong with being proud of serving my country. Unlike a certain Janil Puthucheary who did not serve NS and insists that it's OK because he has been saving kids' lives.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would vote a monkey in if animals are allowed to stand for elections (a real monkey or any other animals from the zoo for that matter).

Well, I can see why you feel this way, but I think you might be a bit too biased.

Dr Lily Neo didn't do harm to Singaporeans. Dr Tan Cheng Bock didn't do harm to Singaporeans. They served with dignity and humility. Of course they didn't have it as hard as JBJ or Mr Chiam, but they still gave their best. And it wasn't exactly an easy ride. LKY gave Dr Tan a hard time. And as everyone knows, Vivian Balakrishnan gave Dr Lily Neo lots of crap regarding the public assistance issue.

Just because 80% of PAP candidates are yes-men doesn't mean that we should not recognise the contributions of the 20%.

dankos

OK but that doesn't answer my question.

My question is why has no one (WP, SDP, NSP, SPP, SDA, RP, SF) spoken up regarding the horrendous state of the media in Singapore?

No one has even bothered to bring this up. Mr Low Thia Khiang even praised the media and said they are doing a better job this time round!

my suspicion has been confirmed. YOU are another internet pap dog. fuck u. :oIo::oIo:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, I can see why you feel this way, but I think you might be a bit too biased.

Dr Lily Neo didn't do harm to Singaporeans. Dr Tan Cheng Bock didn't do harm to Singaporeans. They served with dignity and humility. Of course they didn't have it as hard as JBJ or Mr Chiam, but they still gave their best. And it wasn't exactly an easy ride. LKY gave Dr Tan a hard time. And as everyone knows, Vivian Balakrishnan gave Dr Lily Neo lots of crap regarding the public assistance issue.

Just because 80% of PAP candidates are yes-men doesn't mean that we should not recognise the contributions of the 20%.

r u really a capt? in pap u gotta vote what the party want in the pariahment or u will face the whip from the party!!! even u r a good person u cant vote against pap will, so i think a monkey is better than a good person under pap. u fucking pap dog!!! :oIo:

Last edited:

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually, PAP MPs not very far. Take a look at our parliment sessions. Monkey see and monkey do.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
in essence, many "frogs in the well" rely on the local media to spoon feed them the ½ truth of what's going on in this island city, yet they call themselves concerned singaporeans. if they r really concerned, they should boycott the local 1 sided media, step outside & see with their own eyes, if they have been living in a disguised al-catraz.