• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maid-turned-prostitute jailed, fined, for burying newborn

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20110610.145029_babyeunos.jpg

SINGAPORE - A 28-year-old Indonesian maid was sentenced to 10 weeks jail and $2,000 fine in court today for burying her newborn baby alive.

Indriani, who goes by one name, is also charged with overstaying in Singapore for 273 days after her S-pass expired on July 19, 2010.

She had given birth to the baby boy at a rooftop garden at Blk 31A Eunos Crescent in the early hours of April 18 2011.

She then carried the baby to some potted plants nearby, tied a black plastic bag around his neck and buried him in the soil.

About 11 hours later, Mr Tay King Sia, 60, discovered the baby, who was still alive.

When delivering the sentence, District Judge Sarjit Singh said he recognised the offences were serious but he had taken into consideration Indriani's mental condition at the time they were committed.

She arrived in Singapore in March last year and worked as a foreign domestic worker in her employers' home.

But she ran away four months later and took shelter at various parks over the next few months.

Indriani then turned to prostitution in Geylang to support herself.

In October 2010, she realised that she was pregnant but did not know who the father of the child was.

Investigations showed that she grew increasingly desperate to return home to Indonesia and with the assistance of a few individuals, went to the Indonesian Embassy on April 14, 2011.

However, she was turned away at the gate as she did not have a passport.

She then wandered around the Eunos area the next few days. On the night of April 17 this year, Indriani experienced sharp abdominal pains and realised that she was in labour.

She then went to the rooftop garden at Blk 31A Eunos Cresent where she took two tablets from a slab of medicine she found amongst some rubbish.

She then gave birth to the child around 2 am to 2.30 am.

After burying the child in the soil of potted plants nearby, she willfully abandoned the child. She was arrested on April 24.

The child has since been placed in foster care.

"I think there is a baby here, can you come and check"

Mr Tay King Sia was at the roof of Blk 31A Eunos Crescent when he heard soft cries coming from the bushes.

Shin Min Dailiy News reported in April that he had first dismissed the cries as a cat's.

But the retiree soon realised there were no animals nearby and investigated the source. He discovered a pair of legs sticking out from the ground.

He immediately dug the soil at the spot and he then discovered a baby boy in the 10cm deep hole.

"I asked my friend to come and take a look, I thought it was a doll at first," said Mr Tay.

His umbilical cord was still attached.

Miraculously, the baby was still breathing, but was very weak.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Investigations showed that she grew increasingly desperate to return home to Indonesia and with the assistance of a few individuals, went to the Indonesian Embassy on April 14, 2011.

However, she was turned away at the gate as she did not have a passport.

Shouldn't it tat u nid 2 attend/help/detain a person w/o a passport more den anything else...:eek::confused:

lonari

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah only 10 weeks for committing murder? if it was sinkie probably death sentence straightaway.

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah only 10 weeks for committing murder? if it was sinkie probably death sentence straightaway.

The baby survived and is in foster care. A rotten start to life.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pouzkfDxddo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems like all indo girls committing crime here are all "mentally unstable" to avoid alienating indonesia. so convenient.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seems like all indo girls committing crime here are all "mentally unstable" to avoid alienating indonesia. so convenient.

Maids know how serious it is to get pregnant in Spore. The maids employer will be fined i.e. lose their deposit.

You have to be more careful with filipino maids, they can be more cunning than the more simple minded indo maids.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You want to feed her for 10 weeks or 10 years? Be pragmatic lah - and have a heart!

good question , you think goverment stupid ? those serving long sentence have to work inside to support themselves ..dont forget our goverment is business minded . i already being kind to her liao ,if not i will say hang this fucker liao ...:wink:

Last edited: