• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Magnitude 4.4 quake rocks San Francisco. Is the Big One coming?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
California earthquake strikes: Quake hits Berkeley and Bay Area as locals fear 'Big One'

The earthquake is believed to have struck just 3km from Berkeley, and some 65 km northwest of San Jose, shortly before 3am local time (10am UK).

The "strong" tremor woke thousands of people up as many took to social media in fear of it being the "Big One".

One tweeted: "Wow! Just experienced a major earthquake in San Jose, California. Brace for after shocks..."

Another wrote: "Omg, the earthquake scared me! So unexpected and different from others."

And one said: "There was an earthquake just now and i was fully expecting it to be the big one that destroys California".

The quake apparently woke people in the Bay Area and was felt in San Francisco, Oakland, Walnut Creek and as far away as Dublin, Livermore, Union City and Milpitas.

Reports indicate the earthquake - 18km from San Francisco - was felt throughout the region for around five to 10 seconds.

Several jolts were felt at San Francisco International Airport and the US Geological Survey website says people reported feeling the quake 40 miles (64 kilometers) south in San Jose.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have been talking about the big one for decades...but how is Yellowstone doing? If the volcano explode than the big one is here...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My wish is for the whole of California to disappear into the Pacific Ocean.