• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MAGA Ang Moh invaded Dotard House & Shot Ang Moh Roti Prata Shop!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/usa/424826-police-manhunt-nashville-suspect-reinking/

Nashville Waffle House suspect previously arrested, interviewed by Secret Service
Published time: 22 Apr, 2018 18:43 Edited time: 22 Apr, 2018 21:15
Get short URL
5adcc59cdda4c8cd558b4603.jpeg

© Metro Nashville Police Department / Reuters
Travis Reinking, 29, the main suspect in the Waffle House mass shooting in Nashville, was previously arrested and interviewed by both the FBI and the Secret Service after he stormed the White House lawn in 2017.
Police investigating Sunday morning’s shooting believe that Reinking had suffered from mental health issues and have warned that they suspect he is still armed and thus extremely dangerous.

A naked man matching Reinking's description was spotted in the woods near the restaurant in the aftermath of the shooting, in which the death toll could have been far higher, were it not for an unnamed 29-year-old man who snatched the AR-15 style rifle out of the gunman's hands.

Speaking at a press conference on Sunday afternoon, Metropolitan Nashville Police spokesperson Don Aaron said that police believe the suspect may be armed with a hunting rifle and possibly a handgun.

“There could be other weapons in addition to them that we do not know about… One is a long-gun - a hunting type rifle, not an assault rifle - and one handgun," Aaron confirmed, adding that Nashville police had not had any encounters with Reinking until Sunday morning’s tragic mass shooting incident. "We were not aware of him. He had not created any incident that brought him to our attention. We suspect he has some mental issues but he left no notes, no verbal indication, so we don't have a motive at this time."

Nashville Metro PD also confirmed that Reinking had previously been interviewed by both the FBI and the Secret Service, after he attempted to gain access to the White House in July 2017 in order to “set up a meeting with the president," according to Secret Service representative Todd Hudson, as cited by The Tennessean.

Aaron confirmed that Reinking had his firearms confiscated by authorities in Illinois following the White House incident and his firearms license was revoked. "My understanding is, as he was interviewed by the FBI and the secret Service, authorities in Illinois revoked his license to carry weapons," he said.

Nashville authorities now believe that Reinking’s father later gave the firearms to his son.

“Those guns can be released to a family member that does have a proper license. Somewhere between the time they were released and today, the son obtained those weapons. I don't know of any law in Tennessee that he would have violated [by possessing those weapons]."

When asked about James Shaw Jr., 29, the hero who rushed Reinking and burned both his hands while wrestling the AR-15 style rifle away from him, managed to prevent further loss of life in the mass shooting, Aaron was lost for words.

"It's beyond belief that he could charge that man and take the weapon from him. He saved lives. I don't really have words to describe that."

Authorities are only now beginning a search of Reinking’s one-bedroom apartment, following an exhaustive search by SWAT teams and police robots, to ensure there were no explosives or booby traps primed inside the residence.

Police are conducting door-to-door searches of homes in the area while also carrying out a grid search of the local woods. At present, they are operating under the assumption that Reinking is still in the area as he was barefoot and topless when last seen. Aaron added that police do not think a separate, fatal officer-involved shooting incident nearby is connected to the Reinking investigation.

Reinking shot and killed two people in the parking lot outside the Waffle House at approximately 3:30 am local time, before entering the restaurant and opening fire, killing one person and fatally injuring another, who died from wounds at hospital. Two of those injured in the shooting are in critical condition, at the nearby Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

"The shots had stopped so [James Shaw Jr.] decided to rush the gunman, actually wrestled that assault rifle away, tossed it over the counter and, at that point, the gunman fled," Metropolitan Nashville Police spokesperson Don Aaron said. Police still consider Reinking armed and extremely dangerous.

If you like this story, share it with a friend!

Trends:Gun violence in the US

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...ing-to-have-to-work-to-kill-me/?noredirect=on

James Shaw Jr. on why he rushed the Waffle House shooter: ‘He was going to have to work to kill me’
By Herman Wong

April 22, 2018 at 9:37 PM

James Shaw Jr. wrestled away a gunman’s rifle in a restaurant shooting in Antioch, Tenn. on April 22 that left four dead. Police are searching for the suspect ,Travis Reinking. (Patrick Martin/The Washington Post)
Moments before the first shot, James Shaw Jr. was watching a Waffle House employee wash dishes, stacking them higher and higher. When the first shot was fired, Shaw thought the tower of plates had come crashing down, he would later recount at a news conference. At 3:25 a.m. Sunday, police cars stormed toward the restaurant in the Nashville neighborhood of Antioch.

Shaw, 29, had gone to a club with his best friend Saturday night. Afterward, the two went to a Waffle House on Bell Road, but it was crowded, so they drove to the one at 3571 Murfreesboro Pike.

Menus and a cup sit on a table next to a window shot out at a Waffle House restaurant in Nashville on Sunday. (Mark Humphrey/AP)
The Metro Nashville Police Department said that the suspect, Travis Reinking, arrived in the Waffle House parking lot at 3:19 a.m. Sunday and sat in his pickup truck for about four minutes staring at the customers inside. Then he got out, wearing only a green jacket and carrying a AR-15 rifle, and fatally shot two people outside the Waffle House, police said. He then went into the restaurant and continued shooting, they said. Two more people would die. The suspect, feared to be armed and wanted for murder, has not been found.

Related: [Waffle House shooting: Authorities seized suspect’s AR-15 after arrest at White House last year]

At the news conference Sunday afternoon, Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said that as the gunman was shooting, “a patron of the restaurant, James Shaw Jr., ran to the restroom area of the Waffle House, saw that the shooting had stopped, and saw an opportunity to intervene. Mr. Shaw wrestled the rifle away from Reinking and tossed it into another part of the restaurant to end the gunfire. Mr. Shaw saved, obviously, many lives in his heroic action.”

After the third gunshot, the window burst, Shaw said, and Waffle House employees scattered. Looking back, he saw someone lying on the ground at the door. He jumped toward the restroom, he would later tell the Tennessean newspaper, and stood behind a swivel door, where a bullet grazed his arm.

That’s when Shaw decided to act.

“I kind of made up my mind, because there was no way to lock that door, that if it was going to come down to it, he was going to have to work to kill me,” he said.

When he heard the shooting stop, he rushed out.

Shaw, who works for AT&T;, said the shooter was either reloading the gun or the firearm had jammed, and he wrestled it away and threw it over the counter. Still fearing for his life, Shaw said he rushed toward the front door of the restaurant, pushing the shooter out also.

The gunman then left, Shaw said.

Police said the suspect took off his jacket less than a block from the restaurant. Two magazines were found in the pockets.

“He clearly came armed with a lot of firepower intended to devastate the south Nashville area,” Aaron said.

Shaw went back to see if his friend was alive. “It was so fast,” Shaw said. “I hope nobody has to be in those shoes again. It was almost light-switch-type fast.”

It was only when he was in ambulance, when a paramedic asked him about himself, that he remembered his 4-year-old daughter.

James Shaw Jr. shows his hand that was injured when he disarmed a shooter inside a Waffle House on Sunday in Nashville. (Larry McCormack/Tennessean via AP)
According to the Tennessean, he was taken to TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center about 4 a.m., where he was treated for minor injures and then released at 7:30 a.m. A girl at the hospital told him that “you saved my life,” he told the newspaper.

Nearly 12 hours after the shooting, Shaw spoke at a news conference where Nashville Mayor David Briley and others thanked him. Walt Ehmer, the president and chief executive of Waffle House, said he wanted to personally thank Shaw.

“You don’t get to meet many heroes in life, Mr. Shaw, but you are a hero, you are my hero,” Ehmer said at the news conference. “I’ve talked to some of those people you saved today, and they will think of you for the rest of their days, as will I. We’re forever in your debt.”

Shaw rejected this description of his actions.

“I want people to know that I did that completely out of a selfish act,” he said. “I was completely doing it just to save myself.”

“I’m not a hero. I’m just a regular person, and I think anybody could have did what I did if they are just pushed into that kind of cage,” Shaw said as he became emotional. “You have to either react or you’re going to fold, and I chose to react because I didn’t see any other way of living, and that’s all I wanted to do. I just wanted to live.”

After leaving the hospital, Shaw went home, changed his clothes, and then attended church with his family about 10:30 a.m., according to the Tennessean.

When asked about it later, he said he wasn’t particularly religious. He went to church to get past the shooting, he said.

“I don’t want this to be the focal point of my life,” he said. “I don’t want this to be a major moment in my life.”

Kristine Phillips contributed to this report.

Read more:

Waffle House shooting: Authorities seized suspect’s AR-15 after arrest near White House last year

Masked gunman rampages through Nashville church; usher uses personal weapon to subdue shooter

More than 208,000 students have experienced gun violence at school since Columbine

Herman Wong is a deputy editor on the general assignment news desk for The Washington Post. He joined The Post in 2014, and was previously at the business news site Quartz.