• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Mad Hatter Offers To Resign Today!! See If Low Caste Cabbies Dare To Accept His Challenge!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
malaysian-prime-minister-mahathir-mohamad-is-banning-foreign-buyers-from-a-huge-new-development-1535362905085-4.jpg

LANGKAWI: A meeting between Malaysia's prime minister Mahathir Mohamad and members of the taxi drivers association on Sunday (Oct 21) in Langkawi was disrupted when it turned chaotic.

Some drivers shouted and walked out of the room in disagreement with the Langkawi member of parliament on ride-hailing firm Grab.

About 10 taxi drivers shouted offensive words, according to Bernama, and walked out of the room after the prime minister said he would continue to find the best way to resolve the issue for the benefit of all quarters.

When the situation calmed down, Dr Mahathir said as the prime minister he was only trying to help the taxi drivers.

“If (you) don’t believe that I can (help), do yourself. See what happens. I want to help, but if you don’t help me, I cannot help.

“It’s not that I want to be a Prime Minister. I have retired, but people call me back, that’s why I came. If you don't want me to be the Prime Minister, I can resign today, it’s no problem for me,” he added.

According to the New Straits Times (NST) Online, at least 10 taxi drivers among the 200 gathered, staged a walkout during the dialogue.

The report added that Dr Mahathir said measures would be put in place to ensure fair competition, and that Grab would be asked to use vehicles approved by the government as well as pay insurance and taxes just like normal taxis.

"I have brought this up in Cabinet ... I told the minister (transport) to fix it, but unfortunately, there has been no progress.

"I will try again... I too feel it is unfair. This matter has my attention but I cannot give my assurance that Grab will be abolished, but we can make them equal like taxis," he was quoted as saying by NST.

On Wednesday, more than 100 taxi drivers protested outside the ministry of finance in Putrajaya following reports that the government may work with Grab to provide transport services at MRT stations.

The finance minister's political secretary Tony Pua had suggested that Grab could replace feeder bus services to train stations.

Transport minister Anthony Loke clarified on Wednesday that his ministry has no plans to replace feeder buses with ride-haling services at MRT stations.

He said Pua’s statement was “just a proposal”.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ers-grab-langkawi-i-can-resign-today-10849190