• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Mad Hatter Ashamed Of Shameless Bumi Students Who Refuse To Pay Back Student Loans! Debt Almost As Bad As 1MBD!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
colin-ma-11.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said on Saturday (Aug 11) that the amount of unpaid student loans is almost as much as the total of beleaguered state fund 1Malaysia Development Bhd's (1MDB) debts.

"Do you know how much money is owed by people who received PTPTN? It is about the same as the money lost through 1MDB, RM39 billion (S$13 billion)," Tun Dr Mahathir said, referring to the National Higher Education Fund, otherwise known by its Malay acronym PTPTN. It is a government body that provides study loans to Malaysian university students.

"That's how much money that has not been paid to the government for what it spent on you to give you a good education and therefore opportunities for a better job and a better income," he said, addressing students gathered at the Malaysian Student Leaders summit here.

Earlier, he said that the Japanese were a good example of hardworking and successful citizens, adding that they had a strong sense of shame, and committed harakiri if they felt they had failed in any way.

"I do not know in Malaysia if we have sense of shame because our sense of shame is when we are badly dressed or caught stealing something," he said.

"You should feel the sense of shame when you fail to do something."

His comments appear to be a step away from his coalition Pakatan Harapan's manifesto promise to defer payments for the PTPTN student loans until borrowers earn at least RM4,000 a month. It had also pledged to lift travel bans imposed on defaulters.

Former Umno youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin had recently urged the new PH administration not to fulfil this manifesto promise as it had serious financial implications for the country's economy.

"I will forgive the government if it does not fulfil (this)," he said.

Education Minister Maszlee Malik also recently reminded borrowers to repay their debts once their pay is more than RM4,000 monthly.

During his speech on Saturday, Dr Mahathir also said that leaders should not steal, as this would lead to their downfall.

"Things that don't belong to you, grows in you, and that habit will be your downfall. I think you have seen this thing happening around you. I am not making reference to anybody. Just a general statement," he said, eliciting laughter and claps from the audience.

A report by the Auditor-General stated that debts accumulated by 1MDB inclusive of interest amounted to RM74.62 billion in Oct 2015, and RM55 billion before interest.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ting-to-rm39-billion-nearly-same-as-1mdb-debt

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money from student loan goes to paying college fees mostly. The ones who benefited are private colleges of higher education. Which mostly benefited non bumis who are restricted to public universities. Its dr m's way of financing non bumi education via the back door so to speak, without antagonising the right wing bumi folks.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its dr m's way of financing non bumi education via the back door so to speak, without antagonising the right wing bumi folks.

By right wing bumis, you mean those who are very religious type and will do anything for their 72 virgins waiting for them in paradise?

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
why did he not say the debtors are bumi only????????????????????
wtf liar!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who said the debtors are Bumi only? I met one Malaysian Chinese that said he has been banned from leaving the country for not repaying student loans. And in the bus I heard two Malaysian Indians - working in Spore and living in JB - talking about this student loan that they received.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
colin-ma-11.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said on Saturday (Aug 11) that the amount of unpaid student loans is almost as much as the total of beleaguered state fund 1Malaysia Development Bhd's (1MDB) debts.

"Do you know how much money is owed by people who received PTPTN? It is about the same as the money lost through 1MDB, RM39 billion (S$13 billion)," Tun Dr Mahathir said, referring to the National Higher Education Fund, otherwise known by its Malay acronym PTPTN. It is a government body that provides study loans to Malaysian university students.

"That's how much money that has not been paid to the government for what it spent on you to give you a good education and therefore opportunities for a better job and a better income," he said, addressing students gathered at the Malaysian Student Leaders summit here.

Earlier, he said that the Japanese were a good example of hardworking and successful citizens, adding that they had a strong sense of shame, and committed harakiri if they felt they had failed in any way.

"I do not know in Malaysia if we have sense of shame because our sense of shame is when we are badly dressed or caught stealing something," he said.

"You should feel the sense of shame when you fail to do something."

His comments appear to be a step away from his coalition Pakatan Harapan's manifesto promise to defer payments for the PTPTN student loans until borrowers earn at least RM4,000 a month. It had also pledged to lift travel bans imposed on defaulters.

Former Umno youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin had recently urged the new PH administration not to fulfil this manifesto promise as it had serious financial implications for the country's economy.

"I will forgive the government if it does not fulfil (this)," he said.

Education Minister Maszlee Malik also recently reminded borrowers to repay their debts once their pay is more than RM4,000 monthly.

During his speech on Saturday, Dr Mahathir also said that leaders should not steal, as this would lead to their downfall.

"Things that don't belong to you, grows in you, and that habit will be your downfall. I think you have seen this thing happening around you. I am not making reference to anybody. Just a general statement," he said, eliciting laughter and claps from the audience.

A report by the Auditor-General stated that debts accumulated by 1MDB inclusive of interest amounted to RM74.62 billion in Oct 2015, and RM55 billion before interest.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ting-to-rm39-billion-nearly-same-as-1mdb-debt
Look at this Malaysian Chinese turned sinkie pap dog @JohnTan deliberately twisted it to Bumi only student loan when it’s not.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who said the debtors are Bumi only? I met one Malaysian Chinese that said he has been banned from leaving the country for not repaying student loans. And in the bus I heard two Malaysian Indians - working in Spore and living in JB - talking about this student loan that they received.
Ccb Malaysian Chinese and Indians are so good actors that everyone thinks they are not entitled to same benefits as Bumi for EVERYTHING from student loan to low cost housing to rm1 medical fees when they are and did get those benefits.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to the Koran, debt is considered haram. One cannot go to paradise if he/she has unfulfilled debt at death

Yet the mudlaysia mats owe money until song song. Just another example of islamic hypocrisy

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the Koran, debt is considered haram. One cannot go to paradise if he/she has unfulfilled debt at death

Yet the mudlaysia mats owe money until song song. Just another example of islamic hypocrisy

How about stealing money from the country by passing contracts to own relatives and friends? Is that allowed?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about stealing money from the country by passing contracts to own relatives and friends? Is that allowed?
please direct this question to the mat trolls here

but I am 100% certain debt is not allowed in Islam. hence the special bullshit regulations in Islamic banking (takafu)