• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Macrobiotic diet & the joys of friendship

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday night got an invitation to dinner from a couple after quite a long while. It turned out to be macrobiotic dinner. And I nearly fainted. Thou I am familar with their friends, there were alot of newbies and they came together with this diet.

As the conversation went on, I realised that we were in supplementary pill market with both legs. There were "experts" on travel sickness, constipation, and it went on and on. Cranberry was topical with the ladies while the men were big time on Q10 or something similar sounding.

The moment I mentioned double blind test, the room went deadly silent. I could hear the pings from a US Sub as the Russian subs were trying to locate it.

Then I noticed that everyone moved their gaze from me to a lady. And she spoke. I nearly did my proverbial "piss in my pants" when she said she was a medical doctor. And she asked me if I was one. I said no and that I was a bus driver with SMRT. Again there was deadly silence. It looked like a mexican stand-off. Clearly the bus driver comment caught them out.

Then the host broke the silence and said that I was being mischievious and told them of my background. Again deadly silence. Another ping from yet another sub.

Then I asked the lady if SMA knows what she was doing and I can see Clamaity Jane high tailing out into the horizon.

Yes, this is a highly embellised version but the cryptic short comments and body language would be too boring and I certainly was not about to offend my hosts.

I grew up with tupperware and pyrex parties and now its is botox, MLM and macrobiotic parties.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I mention double blind tests whenever someone suggests TCM and I'm usually told that Chinese Medicine does not require such rigorous testing as there is a 5000 year history behind every concoction those snake oil peddlers have come up with.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah screw are you sure this really occured? The minute you mentioned double blind test the room instantly went silent as though you are the proverbial young and wise jesus chris that put the pharisees wise men in their place. Why would you "piss in your pants" the minute the lady medical doctor spoke? Are you trying to insinuate you actually know more than a trained practising medical doctor?

What's wrong with a conversation on health supplements?

PS why did the whole room go silent when he told them of your background? Was it because of your lack of achievements and the sheer audacity of you to actually try to refute established experts in the room or were they simply wowed by your scholastic achievements? Btw being a professor in one field doesn't mean you know more than someone else that isn't of the same standing in another field. A professor in social studies wouldn't go beyond his place and tell off a practicing lawyer on law for example therefore i think the silence was due to the former situation.

you were certainly not about to offend your hosts but decided to add in some smart arse comments about you being a bus driver in front of the entire crowd? Wow good way not to offend the hosts.

Hey times change especially with the likes of an old fart like you. A sexagenarian would have existed on this earth for a long period of time suffice to say times would definitely change. Why you expect black and white tvs and 40 cents hawker food to be sold?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
ah screw are you sure this really occured? The minute you mentioned double blind test the room instantly went silent as though you are the proverbial young and wise jesus chris that put the pharisees wise men in their place.

Not quite but Scroobal is an imposing figure and a larger than life character on the world stage. Rooms often go silent when he makes an entrance simply from the force of his personality and stature.

He doesn't even have to say anything.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not quite but Scroobal is an imposing figure and a larger than life character on the world stage. Rooms often go silent when he makes an entrance simply from the force of his personality and stature.

Wow impressive but it certainly isn't this world you are talking about probably some other worldly dimension.:biggrin: Still it befuddles me if has such a real life presence why would he even bother to post on some forum that is an off shoot of a sex forum and gets flamed mercilessly by any detractors. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not quite but Scroobal is an imposing figure and a larger than life character on the world stage. Rooms often go silent when he makes and entrance simply from the force of his personality and stature.

he will love it in court then

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the Macrobiotic cuisine was real revelation taste wise. I went away very light, very satisfied without the usual aftertaste and a sense that what you were being processed internally. Not sure if it came form part of routine cuisine but I don't mind it if it is done a few times a week. Would encourage people to give it a go.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the Macrobiotic cuisine was real revelation taste wise. I went away very light, very satisfied without the usual aftertaste and a sense that what you were being processed internally. Not sure if it came form part of routine cuisine but I don't mind it if it is done a few times a week. Would encourage people to give it a go.

Errr.... No thanks!! When I eat.... no holds barred!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The term "double blind test" is highly inflammatory in these circles. Many of the practitioners join grassroots and social groups and take leadership positions in the community to add credence to the voodoo that they push. Its no different to buying certs from degree mills when one cannot stand on their own 2 feet.

I certainly did not expect a medical doctor in this group and she obviously became agitated and defensive when SMA was mentioned. And I saw she was floored when i asked where SMA stood on this.

I mention double blind tests whenever someone suggests TCM and I'm usually told that Chinese Medicine does not require such rigorous testing as there is a 5000 year history behind every concoction those snake oil peddlers have come up with.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the beauty of an anon forum. Fantasy and reality are two distinct paradigms. BS is at the same level with a cruising jetliner at 35K feet.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously missed out the entire 2nd last para. I hope you were not expecting the sub as well.

ah screw are you sure this really occured? The minute you mentioned double blind test the room instantly went silent as though you are the proverbial young and wise jesus chris that put the pharisees wise men in their place. Why would you "piss in your pants" the minute the lady medical doctor spoke? Are you trying to insinuate you actually know more than a trained practising medical doctor?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since we are on cuisine, I am partial in recent years to lean but flavoursome meat namely venison and wild boar. Some of the ZhI Char stalls do a wonderful venison dish on hotplate. Wild boar curry is hard to find but delicious when they are available.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

No thanks. I will stick to my red meat and salmon sashimi which does not need double blind testing.

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
. . . . . . . Hey times change especially with the likes of an old fart like you. A sexagenarian would have existed on this earth for a long period of time suffice to say times would definitely change. Why you expect black and white tvs and 40 cents hawker food to be sold?

Nigger, you have a problem with oldfarts?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since we are on cuisine, I am partial in recent years to lean but flavoursome meat namely venison and wild boar. Some of the ZhI Char stalls do a wonderful venison dish on hotplate. Wild boar curry is hard to find but delicious when they are available.

Lol. I used to order deer meet from a zhi char stall at cassia crescent. Enjoyed the lean juicy flavour and recommended to all my chiong buddies. Later kenna suan left right centre because it turned out to pork that was tenderized overnight

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh fuck!. Better go and check. I was told that there is commercial deer farm in Johor and that is the biggest supplier to Singapore.

Lol. I used to order deer meet from a zhi char stall at cassia crescent. Enjoyed the lean juicy flavour and recommended to all my chiong buddies. Later kenna suan left right centre because it turned out to pork that was tenderized overnight