• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mabroky: Brochure Aga Aga Only What!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apr 14, 2010

HDB: Please understand, residents...

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
WE HAVE explained several times to Mr Wee Eng Leong ("Can building plan be changed after vote?", March 18) that the lift shaft position was not changed after polling.
The lift shaft plan shown in the polling brochure was indicative as detailed technical plans were done after successful polling.
While the level of ventilation and lighting does not meet Mr Wee's expectations, it is incorrect to attribute this to the change in building plan after polling.
In retrofitting buildings that were not designed with full lift access, it is inevitable that some disamenity will result, especially if a new lift shaft is built.
Nonetheless, the lighting and ventilation of the staircases and lift lobbies on site must comply with the statutory requirements. In this case, HDB has also installed additional lighting at the ground floor.
We seek the residents' understanding on this matter.
Lawrence Pak
Deputy Director (Upgrading Programmes Management)
Housing & Development Board

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>HDB needs to put aside its self-serving arrogance and seriously think about how it functions for the people.

Responding to a related article in TODAY a few days back, below gives an account of the feedback it garnered:

1) MILADY76 Updated 10:35 AM April 13, 2010

I have my own gripes about the LUP project.

I live @ Bishan St 23. My block was earmarked for the LUP, so the MP & his lackey dogs were up in arms trying to desperately win the residents over to their side. At first glance, it appeared that the MP, the Bishan-TPY Town Council & the Bishan HDB Branch Office had noble intentions of pushing us. Later on, when the residents learnt that it was probably because of possible contesting by the Reform Party that the MP was breaking out into nervous beads of perspiration, & wanted to garner support for the LUP to add some glow to his portfolio.

The other flip side to the LUP is the voting process itself. Residents were given 4 days to poll their votes. For many residents, these 4 days were pure agony because at every waking hour, HDB & TC officers would ring and knock on our doors endlessly to garner support and to push residents to give preliminary polls. Even when I told them that we are given 4 days to think about it, they harrassed us for answers like loan sharks.

The officers even tried to trick residents into appointing them as proxies to vote for LUP if they weren't free to do so. The proxy form didn't even indicate "nay" or "aye" options for the resident to choose. The officer would simply choose "yes" for us at the station.

When some residents & I said "no" at the polling station, someone more senior would take over & try to convince us to re-consider. In short, "no" was not respected as a response.

2) Anti PAP Organization Updated 01:36 PM April 13, 2010

Dear Milady76,

Who is that MP?

3) LUP Updated 02:05 PM April 13, 2010

My block just had its LUP completed.

I can confirm Milady's experience with HDB canvassing. They knock on your door non-stop, leave flyers behind and try to persuade you to vote for LUP.

Then during the voting itself, there wasn't privacy at all. When I was at the booth, the guy would stand very close behind me to see which choice I voted. If you voted "for" (which I did by accident because I was so intimidated by him breathing down my neck), you get a free gift, which in my case was an umbrella. I don't know if you will still get an umbrella if you voted "against" or not.

Such a joke.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apr 14, 2010

Maintenance poser after lift upgrading

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
LIFT upgrading works were recently carried out in my estate.
While I am now able to gain direct access to my floor, I find it puzzling that the digital display indicating what floor the lift is on is available only on the ground floor.
How are we to know if the lift is undergoing maintenance, when there is no display at the lift landings on the other floors?
Tan Joon Mian

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mabrokey pay is also indicative only...in the private sector, he could have been paid more.... ha ha ha

They should print on the brochure that the photographs in the brochure is an indication only and does not represent the actual or finish product?

They want to 'cheat' the residents to vote for the upgrading & later change the specifications to a lower cost to maximize profits & collect 'affordable' payment from the residents & then tell hose who grumble...that it is an indication in the brochure...tell me!, what is new???

zhugeliang

Alfrescian
Loyal
mabrokey pay is also indicative only...in the private sector, he could have been paid more.... Ha ha ha

they should print on the brochure that the photographs in the brochure is an indication only and does not represent the actual or finish product?

They want to 'cheat' the residents to vote for the upgrading & later change the specifications to a lower cost to maximize profits & collect 'affordable' payment from the residents & then tell hose who grumble...that it is an indication in the brochure...tell me!, what is new???

you really understand them very well, better than their ma ma....
Hdb think that they are heavily subsidising the lup, but in actual facts they are using town council $ to pay and that $ also belongs to us the citizen. Why should we be grateful to them,,its their job and we pay them to do it,,,,

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you really understand them very well, better than their ma ma....
Hdb think that they are heavily subsidising the lup, but in actual facts they are using town council $ to pay and that $ also belongs to us the citizen. Why should we be grateful to them,,its their job and we pay them to do it,,,,

Of course I understand better than the ma ma, like the saying goes, they lift their backside I know they are going to fart....ha ha ha..and I put on my gas mask!!:biggrin:

We are paying astronomical wages to these people to SERVE us, remember HDB was HOMES FOR THE PEOPLE....now it is HOMES FOR OTHER PEOPLE, for those who can afford the affordable!.

Instead of being served, we are served like lamb on a rack to be slaughtered.....I read that the tiger is leading the lamb?:p

I am born, bred, educated here, gone through life with the PAP, most likely die here as well...you bet! I know them better than their ma ma :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is "No" vote, how are they going to make $$$? :wink:

The residents gets 'cheaper' salaries, have to work better, and faster to die, how to PAY?

Why we have to pay for the LANLORD's design mistakes? and even we pay for the LUP...the lift does not belong to you & I, it belongs to the LANDLORD, which is HDB...

Nobody ever ask that question...why are we paying to the LANDLORD that is HDB who owns the lifts to upgrade...and we do not have an ownership???

WHY PAY????