• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

m1 Broadband on mobile's 21mbps speed.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately i have been using the 7.2 mbps only.

I wonder if anyone here has used the 21mbps speed.

Anyone who's using broadband knows that there's alot of hype & little truth in advertised speeds.

Have you done your own tests on "real" connection speeds :confused:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how's the singnet 7.2???

Why did u assume i'm using singnet?

Actually i'm using all 3 services. There's a thing called prepaid broadband.

So far for me m1 has been the best i got close to the 7.2 mbps speed.

I have a data plan with singtel and it sucks at my area.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who's using broadband knows that there's alot of hype & little truth in advertised speeds.

Have you done your own tests on "real" connection speeds :confused:

yes i have how else did u think i could d/l 100GB in around 6 days.

I'm have all 3 networks services btw.

This is the speed i get with M1 very stable for me.

How many rapidshare and mu files i have d/led

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes i have how else did u think i could d/l 100GB in around 6 days.

Did you test connections within or outside Spore:confused:

I've never had much luck obtaining the advertised speeds. Whats worse is that for the past year I've experienced intermittent interruptions with connections. Within 1 hour I can get disconnected 10+ times :(

I'm been using Singnet's ADSL services & when my contract runs out I'll look elsewhere if connection speed/reliability is better :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you test connections within or outside Spore:confused:

I've never had much luck obtaining the advertised speeds. Whats worse is that for the past year I've experienced intermittent interruptions with connections. Within 1 hour I can get disconnected 10+ times :(

I'm been using Singnet's ADSL services & when my contract runs out I'll look elsewhere if connection speed/reliability is better :rolleyes:

OMg i said rapidshare and megaupload didn't i? :confused:

I can also watch youtube videos pretty quickly.

Go on msn messenger.

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had seen it last month at Starhub Carpage. They seems to offer it only to corporates only.

M1 prices seems lower.

Basically Huawei device is able to 3X the original 7.2 I think by using 3 numbers of 3G channels at the same time and combined the bandwidth of @7.2Mbps.

PRC again did it!

Most of the USB sticks and wifi capable routers are from Huawei.

It is DIRECTLY supported by Kubuntu Linux 9.10 without any installations nor drivers. In Windows you still have to install the Huawei drivers branded for M1 & Starhub.

:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had seen it last month at Starhub Carpage. They seems to offer it only to corporates only.

M1 prices seems lower.

Basically Huawei device is able to 3X the original 7.2 I think by using 3 numbers of 3G channels at the same time and combined the bandwidth of @7.2Mbps.

PRC again did it!

Most of the USB sticks and wifi capable routers are from Huawei.

It is DIRECTLY supported by Kubuntu Linux 9.10 without any installations nor drivers. In Windows you still have to install the Huawei drivers branded for M1 & Starhub.

What's so difficult about installing it?

Just plug the modem in and run the program and viola it works.

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's so difficult about installing it?

Just plug the modem in and run the program and viola it works.

One problem with windoze PC is you are being forced always to install craps inside, which sometimes will not be able to uninstall clean. And then it may prevent you from installing other things later which you will be stuck.

You are right about the 1st part - which is where it is wrong. That is always easy to install anything especially for 1st time. When you have to install something that's where it begins to get wrong, but you won't know yet until much later.

Hypothetically if you installed for Starhub then may clash or affect a similar install needed for M1 or Singtel. These craps alway happen. You do these tens of time, you are then forced to reinstall windoze or recover or format your drive. :eek: :p

Install is the easiest, it is the need that is make it unnecessary to install that is the hard part. When you achieved that, then the users are happier and luckier.

BTW M1's speed is very irregular even after large improvement in this aspect since day 1. It swings between full speed to zero connection, as and when it feels like pleasing or pissing you.

:rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One problem with windoze PC is you are being forced always to install craps inside, which sometimes will not be able to uninstall clean. And then it may prevent you from installing other things later which you will be stuck.

You are right about the 1st part - which is where it is wrong. That is always easy to install anything especially for 1st time. When you have to install something that's where it begins to get wrong, but you won't know yet until much later.

Hypothetically if you installed for Starhub then may clash or affect a similar install needed for M1 or Singtel. These craps alway happen. You do these tens of time, you are then forced to reinstall windoze or recover or format your drive. :eek: :p

Install is the easiest, it is the need that is make it unnecessary to install that is the hard part. When you achieved that, then the users are happier and luckier.

BTW M1's speed is very irregular even after large improvement in this aspect since day 1. It swings between full speed to zero connection, as and when it feels like pleasing or pissing you.

:rolleyes:

I am using a sinktel modem with a sinktel installed program and i am running m1 on it and i have also run starfug using this sinktel program.

As for m1's irregular thing well after d/ling 100GBs over a matter of days that doesn't seem to be the case here. Movies, games what not etc listened to internet radio and went on mirc, live chat on sammyboy and msn messenger.

Wasn't irregualr for me. :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DId u see me paste my speedtest.net speed results in this thread?

Yes I did. Just curious about how the program would rate your connection quality.

After the scan the program would rate VOIP Performance, Gaming Performance, Media.Music Performance & Web Surfing Performance.

My Singtel connection is rated "FAIR" on the 4 specs. In in a few months I will re-contracting . Since this thread came out I thought it be good oppurtunity to find out what's available out there :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I did. Just curious about how the program would rate your connection quality.

After the scan the program would rate VOIP Performance, Gaming Performance, Media.Music Performance & Web Surfing Performance.

My Singtel connection is rated "FAIR" on the 4 specs. In in a few months I will re-contracting . Since this thread came out I thought it be good oppurtunity to find out what's available out there :smile:

why that specific program?

I hardly see anyone use it but speedtest, many mnay use it.

Test it out yourself.

I have BB speed on a cell phone connection.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why that specific program?

I hardly see anyone use it but speedtest, many mnay use it.

Test it out yourself.

I have BB speed on a cell phone connection.

I want to check the quality of connection & not just DL/UL speed. The problem I'm facing now with my Singnet connection is connection reliability . I've even called Singnet's support line. From their end they can see that I've got connection issues & the only solution they can offered is to do a home visit

If theres a better SW tool out there that's free let me know.

Currently have only a Singnet account, so can only test Singnet which the software rates as "FAIR". Some other software I've used rates the Singnet connection as a "C".

I need a reliable connection because I subscribe to esignal for continuous market data. So reliability is more important than speed, but I'll pay for speed if I can get a reliable connection.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to check the quality of connection & not just DL/UL speed. The problem I'm facing now with my Singnet connection is connection reliability . I've even called Singnet's support line. From their end they can see that I've got connection issues & the only solution they can offered is to do a home visit

Currently have only a Singnet account, so can only test Singnet which the software rates as "FAIR". Some other software I've used rates the Singnet connection as a "C".

I need a reliable connection because I subscribe to esignal for continuous market data. So reliability is more important than speed, but I'll pay for speed if I can get a reliable connection.

When u say singnet u mean the normal home connection and not the mobile one right?

Cos mobile on broadband is not called singnet.

Actually i also have bbom for singtel and it sucks at my area hence i used m1. I also have star hub and it's better than stinktel but still loses out to m1.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When u say singnet u mean the normal home connection and not the mobile one right?

Cos mobile on broadband is not called singnet.

Actually i also have bbom for singtel and it sucks at my area hence i used m1. I also have star hub and it's better than stinktel but still loses out to m1.

If mobile is better than cable/ADSL I'm willing to go wireless.

However my understanding is that using a physical cable should be faster, right?

iDone2u

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi

For home, I am using SingNet... so far quite reliable. Wife also trade.. with local live data...
what is eSignal... the data for what market?

However, do not expect StinkTel service to be good....
so far the service for M1 is better - they response to your problems and call u back and offer "offset" for all the trouble...

Singtel Home BB is through their tel land lines so very stable... if it works for u... then I suggest u may stick to it...
There are more reliable ones around.. those commercial lines.. pay more, but not sure how it works....