• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lure Sinkies abroad to come back? Seriously how does that help me personally??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because in countries like these, they can be voted out! The PAP has made so many blunders over years that I have no idea why they are still in power if not, why its not reduced to a minority government. It really boggles the mind that the people still voted for them.

Very sad about how the 60% have ignored the problems in Spore. They have waited too long. The damage to Spore is I think irreversible.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how do you grow an capitalist economic without growing population? If you want provide an alterative by writing a book, maybe PAP change their FT policy.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, same to you as well. Telling people to fuck off because they point out something not to your liking is very sinkie indeed.

U did not get my point! I am telling u to fuck off NOT because I did not like your point. I am telling u to fuck off because u do not live in Singapore and do not have interests beyond giving your 5 cents worth of opinion!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very sad about how the 60% have ignored the problems in Spore. They have waited too long. The damage to Spore is I think irreversible.

There is always hope, the damage is irreversible only because people like our dear enterprise2 below believe it is so.

U did not get my point! I am telling u to fuck off NOT because I did not like your point. I am telling u to fuck off because u do not live in Singapore and do not have interests beyond giving your 5 cents worth of opinion!

To enterprise: And you sir did not see the point where people that have been overseas, and have quit might have offered a different perspective on things. Rather then living in your well the whole day, it might be time to man up and face what others have to offer. This goes to the advice given by sam, scroo and many other bros that are not in Singapore per se.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone propose that instead of getting FTs, we should lure all those who migrated abroad to come back. I am sorry for sounding like a wet blanket but how exactly does that benefit me..personally?? Its the classic tale from the Bible - the Prodigal Son... the one that went away and enjoyed himself and when he was flat broke, he came back and was given preferential treatment by the father. His other son is not too pleased as he stayed diligent and filial but in the end his father gave priority to the son who came back.

Same here. The Sinkies that stayed behind and remained loyal to Sinkapore. But if the gahment wants to woo the overseas Sinkies to come back,.....how does that help me (not the nation) personally??? Maybe they will come back and compete with me for my job? or housing..etc.

I rather the father welcome his real son from overseas than to adopt one from overseas who is not his son. PAP favour the latter.

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is always hope, the damage is irreversible only because people like our dear enterprise2 below believe it is so.

To enterprise: And you sir did not see the point where people that have been overseas, and have quit might have offered a different perspective on things. Rather then living in your well the whole day, it might be time to man up and face what others have to offer. This goes to the advice given by sam, scroo and many other bros that are not in Singapore per se.

Aiyah..please cut out the patronizing tone! Living in a well!! Singapore is not called a global city for nothing. All of us here have travelled to every corner of the globe for work or play. Some of us have global or regional responsibilities. But at the end of the day, we choose to live here and raise our families. What our gahment is proposing is unprecedented. If the sheer scale of this is duplicated in your neigbourhood, u would be jumping too!

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everytime I see or heard this, I have one question.......... if sinkieland educational standard is high....as purported, then why don't sinkieland have notable inventions, world renowed businesses, or enterpreuers:confused:

What makes you think and say Singapore educational standard is high:confused::confused::confused:

I also dunno. Maybe can speak English and get high marks after hours of tuition, it means high. Wahahahhahahaha

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But will those that left want to come back? And with many leaving. It gives pap the excuse to import more. But pap created all these problems in the 1st place.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also dunno. Maybe can speak English and get high marks after hours of tuition, it means high. Wahahahhahahaha

Our education system is good in producing drones not inventors or entrepreneurs. I know one forumer tag line which is so true. Amateurs build the Googles or Yahoos but professionals built the Titanic!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah..please cut out the patronizing tone! Living in a well!! Singapore is not called a global city for nothing. All of us here have travelled to every corner of the globe for work or play. Some of us have global or regional responsibilities. But at the end of the day, we choose to live here and raise our families. What our gahment is proposing is unprecedented. If the sheer scale of this is duplicated in your neigbourhood, u would be jumping too!

Like Tony would say, just because Singaporean travel means they are no longer sinkies? I leave you with a post by him below.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Our education system is good in producing drones not inventors or entrepreneurs. I know one forumer tag line which is so true. Amateurs build the Googles or Yahoos but professionals built the Titanic!

Good in producing ball-less selfish cowards who backstab others for self promotion. This is the real fact. That is why I stay away from sinkies.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just because a person is living outside a glass bowl doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about. He can in fact bring a different perspective. In the old old days I remember that the PAP would often send fact finding missions overseas. They would use the i ideas locally.

Anthropologists have a term called ethnocentrism. We are all influenced by it. It's really a problem in Spore because we are all exposed to & influenced by the pro gov't media & propaganda is very insidious in how it influences our opinions. I learn't this the hard way when I made a mistake in a financial decision because of faulty news. That's why I try to avoid the local media whenever possible.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, no point arguing with the 60.1% that keeps complaining but votes for the PAP. This guy is obviously a troll, PAP IB, or an ignorant fool. Sinkies and the PAP really deserve each other. I was perplexed as how someone like TinTin can be voted in as an MP, I now have the answer.

Just because a person is living outside a glass bowl doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about. He can in fact bring a different perspective. In the old old days I remember that the PAP would often send fact finding missions overseas. They would use the i ideas locally.

Anthropologists have a term called ethnocentrism. We are all influenced by it. It's really a problem in Spore because we are all exposed to & influenced by the pro gov't media & propaganda is very insidious in how it influences our opinions. I learn't this the hard way when I made a mistake in a financial decision because of faulty news. That's why I try to avoid the local media whenever possible.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have no issue if his points made any sense ...just go thro his points and judge 4 yourselves. This kind of ex Singaporeans we don't need. Better he stay put wherever he is!

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everytime I see or heard this, I have one question.......... if sinkieland educational standard is high....as purported, then why don't sinkieland have notable inventions, world renowed businesses, or enterpreuers:confused:

What makes you think and say Singapore educational standard is high:confused::confused::confused:

There are many reasons why we don't have more successful entrepreneurs and our education system is not the cause of it. If you think schools create entrepreneurs then I am sorry to tell you don't understand business very well. You might as well ask why we don't have astronauts on the moon.

I don't think we are too stupid to start big businesses. More than anything, the lack of market size in my mind is a major contributor to the lack of global success in businesses. Also, general risk aversion of the population, which is more of a societal issue than a school issue. Other reasons too, lack of safety net, less developed capital markets, ..etc. As for notable inventions, we are actually pretty good research wise. See link below for our local univ's academic reputation is research cited.

http://www.usnews.com/education/wor...versities-statistics-and-operational-research

Why I think Singapore education is good? Well I am not an expert but I have two kids in the US education system and based on my comparison, they are about even. In addition to US schools, my kids also go to Japanese public schools for several months during the US summer breaks and I compared what was taught in the schools, same conclusions. Overall, Singapore is stronger in some areas and not as good in other. I also know several teachers who used to teach in Singapore and now teaches in the US, they thought highly of Singapore's education system. Are there better systems? Probably yes, but compare to public school systems elsewhere, I would say Singapore is pretty good. I am also sure you have seen global ranking and what not that confirms that same thing.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point...that is if u guys have been following the Nat Debate is whether local born and bred Singaporeans who has toiled to build Singapore to what it is today will benefit from the population policy that the gahment is proposing. Remember we r talking Singaporeans who wants to live out their remaining years in comfort and not be crushed by the nos of FTs who do nothing but drive up costs of living. Sure! We have a demographic problem which this gahment has created. Well we just have to go through this just like Japan and other countries have to go thro this. It won't be that bad.. Not with the reserves we have. But don't flood this country with all kinds of people and destroy our identity and way of life. That's crazy. If the gahment wants to push through this, people like me will take action!

I agree with you that we need to moderate the amount of foreigners coming in. I was replying to his other tread which had somewhat deviated from the original discussion.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It truly matters if people take joys in insulting si nkieland and it's pathetic population. They land in such a state is all due to their balls less self. No pity and no respect to them.

All they can do is to kpkb here while getting stuck in their own land where they got no balls to fight for.

If no balls, then just accept the fact that you are screwed. Simple as that.

If you can afford it, it means a better life. You dun know that?

Even though I have physically left Singapore for over 20 years, I have the highest respect for Singaporeans and do not see any need to insult them. After all, many of my friends and relatives are still there and there is nothing about them or their life that needs pitying. People have been comfortable but I do see change coming. 2016 will be an interesting year.

I value a simple and comfortable life and have always lived well below my means. Even if I do enjoy a little luxury, I don't see the need to insult other who do not have the financial mean to enjoy such thing.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Leaving Singapore is the highest form of protesting against the government ,period .

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You do illegal pet breeding, what's that got to do with you? Hahaha

You think Singapore can sell exotic pets ? Idiot ! What illegal pet breeding you are talking about when Exotic pet is legal in Japan ? When you open your tua Bui mouth that's the time I start laughing at you :wink: lol...lol...lol...