• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lucky Plaza tech store overcharges, then hurls expletives

Meteour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky Plaza tech store overcharges, then hurls KNNBCCB!!!

By The AsiaOne Techbot

A French tourist was charged $120 more for a phone, and when she disputed the 'extra charges' was given a sendoff by the shop staff, one that was laden with expletives.

Retelling an incident that happened to her friend, STOMP reader AshWednesday said that her French friend visited EZ Advance Trading at Lucky Plaza and purchased a phone.

The phone had cost $300, but the price reflected on the customer's invoice was $420 instead.

Queried about the difference, staffers at the shop said that the extra $120 was an 'unlocking fee'.

Said AshWednesday of the extra charges, "It wasn't even certain if the phone needed unlocking to begin with."

When the customer started to dispute the charges, the shop staff reduced the 'unlocking fee' to $50, but added a 4 per cent credit card charge.

It was not mentioned in AshWednesday's account whether her friend purchased the phone in the end.

The STOMP reader also alleged that when her friend left, the shop staff had bade her farewell using expletives.

Said AshWednesday of her friend's unpleasant experience:

"The shop's name is very inappropriate because their customer service is anything but advanced.

"I somehow wish it happened to me instead. I could have come up with better comebacks and taken more unflattering pictures."

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just $120 more she kbkb . my friend once charge a tourist $2500 for a sim card in lucky plaza !!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lucky plaza, far east plaza and sim lim square
try not to shop from these

go to proper store, pay more
but it is worth it

Lucky Plaza tech store overcharges, then hurls KNNBCCB!!!

By The AsiaOne Techbot

A French tourist was charged $120 more for a phone, and when she disputed the 'extra charges' was given a sendoff by the shop staff, one that was laden with expletives.

Retelling an incident that happened to her friend, STOMP reader AshWednesday said that her French friend visited EZ Advance Trading at Lucky Plaza and purchased a phone.

The phone had cost $300, but the price reflected on the customer's invoice was $420 instead.

Queried about the difference, staffers at the shop said that the extra $120 was an 'unlocking fee'.

Said AshWednesday of the extra charges, "It wasn't even certain if the phone needed unlocking to begin with."

When the customer started to dispute the charges, the shop staff reduced the 'unlocking fee' to $50, but added a 4 per cent credit card charge.

It was not mentioned in AshWednesday's account whether her friend purchased the phone in the end.

The STOMP reader also alleged that when her friend left, the shop staff had bade her farewell using expletives.

Said AshWednesday of her friend's unpleasant experience:

"The shop's name is very inappropriate because their customer service is anything but advanced.

"I somehow wish it happened to me instead. I could have come up with better comebacks and taken more unflattering pictures."

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
other countries also have tourist trap ...thats normal . :smile:

True but Spore is/was trying to sell itsef as a safe place. As I remember they even paid for victims airfare & hotel to come back to Spore to testify in court.

Authorities must have given up trying to white wash Spore's image. So they came up with the "Low crime doesn't mean no crime" slogan :smile:

Reality is Spore is no better than other 3rd world countries with its corruption, unscrupulous businesses,...:rolleyes:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True but Spore is/was trying to sell itsef as a safe place. As I remember they even paid for victims airfare & hotel to come back to Spore to testify in court.

Authorities must have given up trying to white wash Spore's image. So they came up with the "Low crime doesn't mean no crime" slogan :smile:

Reality is Spore is no better than other 3rd world countries with its corruption, unscrupulous businesses,...:rolleyes:

really ? singapore paid for the victicms airfare and hotel ? i didnt know that . because my japanese friend who came singapore also kena con in sim lim square . he did complain to CASE . but until now no action were taken .

if the authorities wants to do something about it ..do you think those shop will still around ? every single electronic shop in lucky plaza is a tourist trap . why they can survive until now ? guess you are right , the goverments protects those who pay high taxs .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
because my japanese friend who came singapore also kena con in sim lim square . he did complain to CASE . but until now no action were taken .

The lucky tourists they picked was an angmo couple from the US. It was years ago, must have been a PR stunt since I've not heard of any other similar cases.

Typical of the gov't once the spotlight is gone they forget about it & are looking for the next project. Whoever thought of bringing the couple back has probably been promoted & moved on:rolleyes:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just another example that Spore is a dangerous place :rolleyes:

My South American got a tiny fishbone stuck in his gum after eating his ikan kuning in the nasik lemak. Another example that Singapore is a dangerous place???

How about the other African friend whose coin rolled down into the drain - another example to show that Singapore is an unlucky place?

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome_To_Singapore.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My South American got a tiny fishbone stuck in his gum after eating his ikan kuning in the nasik lemak. Another example that Singapore is a dangerous place???

How about the other African friend whose coin rolled down into the drain - another example to show that Singapore is an unlucky place?

As they say shit happens & Spore is no different. If you think otherwise you are likely to become another statistic.

Instead of doing something about it the authorities have been ignoring it & now cheating is very common. Even locals are falling victim :rolleyes:

As for "LOW crime doesn't mean no crime", has the authorites provided the stats to back up what they means by "LOW" :confused: