• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lucky Plaza Macdonald's closes after 34 years

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I explored Shaw House and the Lido theatre lobby for the first time after many years. I believe that place had undergone a massive renovation. Back in the day, as you came up the escalators, McDonalds was the first thing that you saw as you entered the door. Now it has been replaced by some ticketing counters, while McDonalds has been shifted further inside to the right.

There is also a large round circular bench, with one side next to the glass windows, sitting there gives a good view of the busy road junction below.

Not so popular liao, not many people go there for movies. American film is lousy and Chinese movies are mainly China production with old Hong Kong actors and actresses.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
McD food so jialat...................give me free also i must consider.................never eat for 20 years liao

The old original Macs' Big Mac and Quarter Pounder from the late 70s and early 80s were very good. Especially the fries. But sadly, everything went downhill from the 90s. Now, Macs food is totally unfit for consumption.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old original Macs' Big Mac and Quarter Pounder from the late 70s and early 80s were very good. Especially the fries. But sadly, everything went downhill from the 90s. Now, Macs food is totally unfit for consumption.

yes..............last time the fries, nuggets, McChicken velly nice..................now - see already also no appetite liao.........

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old School KFC Restaurant is fantastic, esp the kallang Branch.u cam smell the fragrance once u are in carpark

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Parklane Mall's McDonalds is very vintage, reminds me of the old King Albert Park before the "I'm Lovin' It" era.

mcdonalds-parklane-scaled.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old School KFC Restaurant is fantastic, esp the kallang Branch.u cam smell the fragrance once u are in carpark

Lucky Plaza KFC in the late 70s.... Where the chicken were served in a plate with fork and knife.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jollibee Closes Lucky Plaza Level 6 Outlet, Holding Thank You Party​

Jollibee is one of the most successful fast food brands in Singapore, with numerous stores popping up around the country.

However, it recently announced that it is closing the outlet on the sixth floor of Lucky Plaza. Its last day of operations is today (30 Nov).

2023-05-02-1024x768.jpg

Source: Google Maps
The Filipino chain, most famous for its fried chicken, will still be available at other branches islandwide.

To thank patrons for their support, the closing outlet is holding a special farewell party with a chance to win prizes.

Jollibee Lucky Plaza Level 6 closing on 30 Nov​

In 2013, Jollibee opened its first Singapore outlet on Lucky Plaza’s sixth floor and quickly established itself as one of the country’s most popular fast food chains.

Sadly, it seems like that particular store has run its course.

On Thursday (30 Nov), Jollibee announced on Facebook that it would be moving out of that space that very day.

jollibee-1.jpg

Source: Jollibee Singapore on Facebook

It did not state a reason for the closure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Those who want a taste of their scrumptious fried chicken can still visit their other stores islandwide.

This includes the one right in Lucky Plaza B1, so regulars don’t even have to switch malls.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky Plaza's Jollibee opened with much fanfare back in the day. Prata Man and Empress Ho were the guests of honour at the opening ceremony.

biz_jollibee_former_president_nathan.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Linpeh always get mixed up by Jollibee and Jiakliaobee. They both sound so interchangeable. :laugh:

Jiakliaobees only have one outlet. It's at Parliament House. You wouldn't want to eat there. The very sight will make you want to puke.