• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lowering CPF rates, extend redeem date is a Technical Default

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all Fixed Income, when you push redemption dates out, and lower the rates, it is a Technical Default...

In case you don't know already, a rate of 3.5 to 5 percent is not sustainable. CPF will have to lower rates and stagger payouts.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
The writing is already on the wall, maybe they will pay you part cash part HDB house with only 10 yr lease or till you die, whichever is earlier.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't worry, CPF minimum sum will be $500,000 soon. Don't hope to see your CPF money. It's just another form of tax for the jinx to gamble with
It’s $200k for full retirement sum. Above that you can withdraw at age 55.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s $200k for full retirement sum. Above that you can withdraw at age 55.
20200614_134551.jpg
tenor.gif

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, the CPF Life is another bullshit. They have already calculated for the payout to breakeven only at around the 15th year. So, assuming you start to receive them from 65 years old, how many can live beyond 80 years old?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, CPF minimum sum will be $500,000 soon. Don't hope to see your CPF money. It's just another form of tax for the jinx to gamble with
gambling indicates a more or less unknown outcome. When the aptly named jinx gambles, it's usually a forgone conclusion.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually, the CPF Life is another bullshit. They have already calculated for the payout to breakeven only at around the 15th year. So, assuming you start to receive them from 65 years old, how many can live beyond 80 years old?
Not 90?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My issue is they stop paying at 90. The old scheme paid indefinitely. So I have to die at 90.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's what they will always claim with advances in medical science today, but factually, I don't think so. The majority will die even before reaching 75 years old.
Yeah I have no complaints if they start paying at 60.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
My issue is they stop paying at 90. The old scheme paid indefinitely. So I have to die at 90.
No, it is the new scheme that will pay indefinitely. But the monthly payout is so well calculated by them that it can only breakeven when you reach around 80 years old. Of course if you die before that, the remaining balance will still go to your beneficiary. Just that you don't get to fully enjoy the fruits of your labor derived during your younger years.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I have no complaints if they start paying at 60.
Wait long long. They have always been enticing you to start your payout later at 70 years old if you don't really need the money, by justifying that you'll get a higher monthly payout. I'm not going to fall for this felony.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No, it is the new scheme that will pay indefinitely. But the monthly payout is so well calculated by them that it can only breakeven when you reach around 80 years old. Of course if you die before that, the remaining balance will still go to your beneficiary. Just that you don't get to fully enjoy the fruits of your labor derived during your younger years.
Is the old scheme still applicable?