• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lorong Tai Seng....

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lorong Tai Seng was once a congested Chinese kampong famous for its hawker food, and it was a notorious secret society hideout till the early 1970s....i grew up there and saw guns being carried by the secret soceity members as a young boy...

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember "Bright Cinema" that can only have night shows because it had no roof. Cost 20 cents to watch Wong Fei Hung. Also collected duck feathers to make pocket money by selling to the place called "Arp Mo Hon" (aka Duck Feather Hon). Also remembered making pocket money buying cigarettes (one packet of "Winning Rush" cost 25 cents) and coffee for those 24/7 gambling places inside the Kampong. Those were the days............

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there a chiinese sinseh near to the turtle soup shop that tuina with medical oil right? any idea he still operating?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have had an interest about this Chinese kampong for a very long time. Do you know if there are any written material, book, photos or publications about it. I have tried with the library but to no avail.

Lorong Tai Seng was once a congested Chinese kampong famous for its hawker food, and it was a notorious secret society hideout till the early 1970s....i grew up there and saw guns being carried by the secret soceity members as a young boy...

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have had an interest about this Chinese kampong for a very long time. Do you know if there are any written material, book, photos or publications about it. I have tried with the library but to no avail.

No written books. The guy whom the road was named after is ANG TAI SENG. He had 2 sons. The elder one did not get married. The younger one had 3 wives. Therr arr still the Ang decendants around till this day.

Rambutan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is now all gone. The industrial estate took over.

Turtle soup is one of the best tasted. Ditto for the open air free seating on wooden benches movies.

Those were the days...

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if u are interested, the Ang family which used to sell the turtle soup has now moved their shop to geylang. its the shop next to the tanjong rhu pau.

the owner is one of the great grandson of Ang Tai Seng.