• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking for good SG food in Sydney

doodah

Hello all

I am new to this forum.

Does anyone have recommendations for good Singapore restaurants in Sydney? (Melbourne suggestions also welcome)

The only two I have tried are Ginger & Spice at Neutral Bay and Singapore Kitchen at West Ryde. The first is excellent but pricey, the latter cheap but a little nasty.

Looking forward to suggestions. Thanks.

(FWIW, the not quite so new Mamak Malaysian prata restaurant in Chinatown is quite sensational if you have a yearning for that. The prata and teh halia are super authentic - http://Mamak.com.au)

Regards,
Doodah

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Mamak Malaysian prata restaurant in Haymarket is wonderful. I recommend the nasi lemak, lamb curry and roti bawang (prata with onions).

For chinese fare, I recommend Fisherman’s Wharf Seafood Restaurant for dim sum. The har gow (steamed prawn dumplings), chee cheong fun with prawns fillings, char siu pau are good.

Fisherman’s Wharf Seafood Restaurant
Level 1 Bank Street
Pyrmont, Sydney Fish Market