• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking for a good multi-vitamin?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When ever they have these free internstional shipping offers I like to get mango slices & cashew nuts:o
johnny, I don't quite like the idea of eating all these factory processed vitamins unless there is a need. Is there any other options?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ApparentLy these Companies that manufacture/seLL muLti-vits are making tonnes of $..just Look at how much our
pharmacies have catered to these retaiLers in term of shop spaces.:cool:

I think the quality from health stores like GNC is much better than what you get from retailers like Watson The good stuff that is sold in Spore is expensive. The importer of Barleans flax oil sell the products packaged in smaller bottles & at more expensive prices.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
johnny, I don't quite like the idea of eating all these factory processed vitamins unless there is a need. Is there any other options?

Agree with you bro..there's no 2 ways about having the reaL stuffs.Vitamins are are just 'suppLements'; but many
peopLe think that they do wonders..:cool:
Have many famiLy friends, who'd spent thousand of $ per month on muLtivits aLone.Just waLk into their kitchen storage area is Like waLiking into a mini pharmacy.:eek:
These vits shouLd not controL your Life..dont ever Live by that.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you may as well eat all vitamins and forget about proper meals.

How many people get "proper meals" in Spore:confused: I try to buy organic food from NTUC & try to prepare healthy meals but obviously not doing a good job because since I started taking these mixtures I do feel the added energy:smile:

The 2 products are made using Super foods & really good. They provide alot of essential nutrients that you won't get from processed food. Even if you cook at home you may not get the same amount.

However I'm more sensitive to the benefits because I have health problems. A younger person who's healthier may not benefit to the extent that I have. So your mileage may vary.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This recommendation of vitamins is it consider spam? :biggrin:

I'll leave it to Sam to decide.

Sporeans are very paranoid & suspicious :biggrin:

Don't worry I am not getting any $$ from recommending these products. These products are good & cheap. Something you won't find in Spore:p
If you are getting along in age, a supplement to many people's diet is important..

DubLi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of a Obat Dewa (meaning God's medicine) which can work for many diseases and medical conditions eg. diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver, heart problems, chronic knees, parkinson's disease, untreatable pain, etc...

Literally anything and everything! Go to http://chairman.stemtechbiz.com.my

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The products I'm recommending are from organic sources where minimal processing has taken place. It is a powder where you mix with water. Processing like using heat destroys the nutrients.

Over the years I've been moving away from pills & more into more natural supplements like powders which do not have binders or capsules containing stearic acid.
I worry about the foods from NTUC. They are are not fresh like what you find in LOS.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have many famiLy friends, who'd spent thousand of $ per month on muLtivits aLone.Just waLk into their kitchen storage area is Like waLiking into a mini pharmacy.:eek:
These vits shouLd not controL your Life..dont ever Live by that.

Have you ever asked them if it helps them:confused:

Whenever I don't take my supplements I have a lack on energy & many aches & pain. It's part of getting old:(

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about supplements for kids? Chewable vitamins, Scott's Emulsion etc.

They help you to grow!

standbybed69

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the quality from health stores like GNC is much better than what you get from retailers like Watson The good stuff that is sold in Spore is expensive. The importer of Barleans flax oil sell the products packaged in smaller bottles & at more expensive prices.

johnny thanks for the info. So u think GNC products are of better quality ? thinking of getting krill oil from them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iherb has free international shipping until next tuesday.

what else is good for over all health? what about chia seeds?

I'm using chia seeds or rather my mother is. It's reasonable price I'm using
http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-White-Chia-Seed-16-oz-454-g/13253

You might like to look at virgin coconut oil, It's what I use for cooking. You can also use it as an oil for the skin & hair but I use it ony for cooking.
http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-Extra-Virgin-Coconut-Oil-54-fl-oz-1-6-L/7311

I also like the hemp oil which I pour onto spaghetti ir salad
http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-Hemp-Oil-16-fl-oz/15893

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you recommend me some supplements to take on a daily basis as I would not be having normal meals. I will be eating maggie mee and some fruits only, due to environmental factors. But I need to procure them asap in sinkieland.

I am thinking of omega3, multi vitamins, vitamin B complex, quaker oats as stables.

When ever they have these free internstional shipping offers I like to get mango slices & cashew nuts:o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johnny thanks for the info. So u think GNC products are of better quality ? thinking of getting krill oil from them.

Their products are I think better than Watson. Also take a look at Eden Health at Peninsula http://www.eden.com.sg/. GNC carries products like Udo oils which require refrigeration. They also carry the Flora products.

However the local market is rather limited & you can't find many of the products you read about:( That's why I do my shopping in the US & of course it's also cheaper.

Unfortunately GNC is expensive. In Malaysia I noticed that they are struggling against the competition because there are many health stores there.

Last edited:

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal

i like the dried pineapple - can't remember the brand. nature something. the cashew nuts - are they crunchy? the organic nuts i've tried so far are mostly more chewy than crunchy. i'm trying to find some nice nuts that aren't coated with too much salt or sugar.

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm using chia seeds or rather my mother is. It's reasonable price I'm using
http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-White-Chia-Seed-16-oz-454-g/13253

You might like to look at virgin coconut oil, It's what I use for cooking. You can also use it as an oil for the skin & hair but I use it ony for cooking.
http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-Extra-Virgin-Coconut-Oil-54-fl-oz-1-6-L/7311

I also like the hemp oil which I pour onto spaghetti ir salad
http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-Hemp-Oil-16-fl-oz/15893

does the coconut oil taste weird with chinese stir-fry dishes? i'm thinking of trying out macadamia oil and avocado oil but wonder how they'll taste in chinese cooking. thanks for the hemp oil recommendation. sounds delicious. does it come in a glass or plastic bottle?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lot of thanks to johnny. Me a little no discipline. Have been taking some health supplements from Axxxy but did not follow the routine. Feeling much tired nowadays and also Rhumatism.

All these shit came to me during the last 1-2 years but I did not pay too much attention. Rhumatism at the joints are getting a little nasty recently.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you recommend me some supplements to take on a daily basis as I would not be having normal meals. I will be eating maggie mee and some fruits only, due to environmental factors. But I need to procure them asap in sinkieland.

I am thinking of omega3, multi vitamins, vitamin B complex, quaker oats as stables.

Try any one of the products I mention at the beginning of this thread. I started taking Miracle Reds & was really pleased that I could reduce the other supplements that I was taking, without suffering any ill effects. I added the Paradise Herbs product as a precaution.

http://www.iherb.com/Macrolife-Naturals-Miracle-Reds-Anti-Oxidant-Super-Food-30-oz-850-g/7781
http://www.iherb.com/Paradise-Herbs-ORAC-Energy-Greens-12-8-oz-364-g/10731

iHerb ships to places like Japan. It takes 4 days to ship to Spore by courier, about 9 to 14 days by mail. GNC probably have similar products. Can check with any GNC store. However I don't how good their products is, but it's better than not taking anything.

For essential oils consider taking a vegetable based product. You will probably find flax seed based products, but I take an Udo product which provides a blend of oils containing Omega 3 , Omega 6 & omega 9. You can read the specs here http://www.iherb.com/Flora-Udo-s-Choice-Udo-s-Oil-DHA-3-6-9-Blend-17-fl-oz-500-ml/7899

If you travel often you will probably prefer to get the capsuled product . http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=udo&x=0&y=0

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like the dried pineapple - can't remember the brand. nature something. the cashew nuts - are they crunchy? the organic nuts i've tried so far are mostly more chewy than crunchy. i'm trying to find some nice nuts that aren't coated with too much salt or sugar.

Nice thing about shopping at a health store like iHerb is that you can read about the ingredients.

I've gotten shampoos, body wash, etc ...and I recently ordered a St Dalfour Gourmet meal, it was the Wild Alaskan meal :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does the coconut oil taste weird with chinese stir-fry dishes? i'm thinking of trying out macadamia oil and avocado oil but wonder how they'll taste in chinese cooking. thanks for the hemp oil recommendation. sounds delicious. does it come in a glass or plastic bottle?

I've seen many coconut oils out there & strangely there is some variation in taste:confused: I've stuck to the Nutiva product because I'm familiar with the taste. It even tastes nice on toast:smile: Should give it a try. If you have doubts you can try the smaller 858ml bottle. Even if you don't like the taste you can use it like a lotion or hair oil. You can recycle the bottle as its makes a very good storage container:smile:

The hemp oil comes in a glass bottle. It used to have a cork stopper but in the latest iteration they are using a plastic spout with a metal cap.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lot of thanks to johnny. Me a little no discipline. Have been taking some health supplements from Axxxy but did not follow the routine. Feeling much tired nowadays and also Rhumatism.

All these shit came to me during the last 1-2 years but I did not pay too much attention. Rhumatism at the joints are getting a little nasty recently.

I only started taking supplements because of heart problems but soon noticed that many of the things I was taking was also helping with inflammation i.e. aches & pains. There seems to be some critics of supplements. I bet these critics are still young & haven't experienced the pleasures of getting old :smile: Don't worry in a few years time you'll be joining us:biggrin:

It's for people like you in mind that I am recommending these green drink mixes. I take plenty of pills on a regular basis & know how difficult it is to swallow so many pills. These drink mixes are quite easy to consume: they mix well in water, on cereal, in milk & are easy to include in ones regime. You only need to take it once a day. When you experience positive effects you'll be motivated to continue taking it.

Last edited: