• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Long-time member and new exco lock horns

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Long-time member and new exco lock horns</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">4:52 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 16) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>12088.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Long-time member and new exco lock horns
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD>Why wasn't I told about the press conference, asks Chew I-Jin </TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Radha Basu, Senior Correspondent
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
member-.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Assistant honorary treasurer Chew I-Jin, part of the old guard, in an exchange with exco members at the press conference. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->

IT WAS 7.20pm and 20 minutes past the scheduled start of yesterday's press conference.

The smartly attired new office bearers of the Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware) were just starting proceedings when a jeans-clad woman carrying a backpack burst into the room.
'Why do I know nothing about this press conference?...I am utterly disappointed and disgusted,' shouted Ms Chew I-Jin, 40, assistant honorary treasurer of the new committee.
Ms Chew is one of only two long-time Aware members in the new exco.
What followed was a brief war of words between her and Ms Lois Ng, 44, a new exco member and one of the panellists.
Ms Chew was upset that she had been left in the dark about the press conference at the Raffles Town Club, called by Aware president Josie Lau to talk about their difficulties with the old guard.
Instead, she had been told to attend an exco meeting at the Aware headquarters. She appeared at the press conference after someone alerted her to it.
She protested that she had been left out despite being a member of the new Aware committee.
Ms Ng told her the meeting had been called to address 'all the questions the media has about the new faces'.
She added: 'As you're an old guard member, and the old guard have had their field day giving the media stories upon stories which are totally and utterly inaccurate, this is our chance to talk to the media.
'So I would appreciate that you leave this room.'
Ms Chew stood her ground, saying that she was all for the new team explaining themselves to the media, and refused to leave.
She was allowed to stay, and took a seat, not with the panel, but with the journalists.
As the panellists attacked what they saw as the former leadership's preoccupation with promoting homosexuality, Ms Chew shook her head and interjected occasionally.
When one of the panellists wondered aloud why Aware was so keen to have male members and to even consider giving them the right to vote, Ms Chew called out: 'Yes, because we're inclusive.'
'What do you mean by 'inclusive'?' replied a panellist. 'Don't throw words at me. This is a women's organisation.'
After the meeting, Ms Chew said that the new leaders were drawing 'incredible, ludicrous conclusions' about the work of their predecessors.
She refuted the claim that Aware had degenerated into a 'single-objective organisation', presumably focused on homosexual rights.
The group had worked on issues such as sexual harassment in the workplace and more recently a study on the burdens singles face in an ageing society.
'What happened today was a far cry from the reasoned consensus of problem-solving Aware has had all along,' said Ms Chew.
She has not thrown in the towel just yet, but is unsure of the future. 'Josie had made a call for us to stand together,' she said. 'But after tonight, I am not sure whether I can continue.'
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">4:56 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(2 of 17) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>12088.2 in reply to 12088.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Locks at Aware offices changed

A STAFF member was fired, locks were changed and the police called in - twice.
awaree-m.jpg

At around 10pm, Ms Lau and three of her exco members arrived at the Aware centre. Soon after that, the police arrived - for the second time. -- ST PHOTO: LIM WUI LIANG
All this was happening at the Aware Centre at Dover Crescent even as a press conference called by its new executive committee was going on at Raffles Town Club.
The organisation's centre manager, Ms Schutz Lee, was handed her termination letter by the new vice-president, Ms Charlotte Wong, at about 7.30pm.
At the same time, three male workers from a security systems firm showed up to change the locks. They were not the only men who were there last night. At least three others, believed to be the husbands of the new exco members, were also there.
One of them was wearing a recording device around his neck and walking around the centre's waiting area. When staff and volunteers asked why he was recording their conversation, he said defiantly: 'If you've got nothing to hide, why are you afraid of being recorded?'
Former Aware president Dana Lam and vice-president Margaret Thomas appeared shortly after, as did two policemen.
Ms Lee, who has been with Aware for 15 years, said she called the police after she saw some unidentified men waiting outside the centre.
Meanwhile, new exco members Sally Ang, Peggy Leong, Irene Yee as well longtime member Caris Lim were inside the centre's room.
Ms Lee said there was supposed to have been an exco meeting at 7pm to discuss logistics of the upcoming extraordinary general meeting on May 2. About 160 members of the old guard had called for the meeting to take a vote of no confidence against the new exco.
When Ms Lam and Ms Thomas demanded to know why the locks were being replaced with an electronic lock system, Ms Wong said: 'We're just carrying out the president's instructions.'
She told The Straits Times that access cards would only be issued to 'identified personnel'.
Volunteers and staff had to arrange for some of Aware's clients who were there for counselling to leave by the back door.
'They have such a strange siege mentality, we really don't know why it's necessary,' said Ms Lam. 'How could anyone just take this without saying anything?'
At the press conference at Raffles Town Club, the exco said that locks were being changed because there were 60 keys floating around and the group wanted to tighten and improve security.
Ms Lee said no reason was given to explain why her service contract - which runs out on May 31 - was terminated with immediate effect.
She said: 'I've been an Aware member for more than 15 years and I intend to be around a lot longer. This is not going to change my loyalty towards the Aware that I joined.'
At around 10pm, president Josie Lau, Ms Maureen Ong, Ms Jenica Chua and Ms Lois Ng arrived at the centre.
Reporters were told to leave, but the police arrived again shortly after.
A heated exchange could be heard between the old and new guards.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://blog.alicecheong.com/?p=411

“it appears that some of the newcomers in its leadership are familiar faces at the Anglican Church of Our Saviour at Margaret Drive.”

Based on the Strait TImes article, that means, the following are all attending Anglican Church of Our Saviour.

1. Josie Lau (President) and husband Alan Chin
2. Charlotte Wong (Vice-president)
3. Irene Yee (Committee member)
4. Jenica Chua (Honorary secretary)
5. Maureen Ong (Honorary treasurer)
6. Sally Ang (Assistant honorary secretary)

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
"But checks yesterday showed that Dr Thio Su Mien and her husband, Mr Thio Gim Hock, the chief executive officer of property investor Overseas Union Enterprise, attend the church and also hold regular faith-healing sessions at their home."

faith-healing1.gif

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://blog.alicecheong.com/?p=411

“it appears that some of the newcomers in its leadership are familiar faces at the Anglican Church of Our Saviour at Margaret Drive.”

Based on the Strait TImes article, that means, the following are all attending Anglican Church of Our Saviour.

1. Josie Lau (President) and husband Alan Chin
2. Charlotte Wong (Vice-president)
3. Irene Yee (Committee member)
4. Jenica Chua (Honorary secretary)
5. Maureen Ong (Honorary treasurer)
6. Sally Ang (Assistant honorary secretary)

I believe it was explained that they did not know each other b4 the election.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anglician Church a? Affiliated to Church of England? Did they not appoint Gay Bishop? Physician Heal Thyself,,,, Take over Church of England le

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead, she had been told to attend an exco meeting at the Aware headquarters. She appeared at the press conference after someone alerted her to it.

Lure the tiger down the mountain! 调虎离山!

cf5a8316c950e942f3de329a.jpg

Last edited:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old AWARE has lots of elites. Even after so many years in existence, they have only managed about 200 members. And they have the audacity to bring their cause into schools.

Gays and lesbians please have more self-respect and run your own gay and lesbian organisation to promote your lifestyle and your needs.

Since 377A, gays have shown that they are a bunch of people that are angry and very eager to make personal accusations and personal attacks.

Their actions in these two issues shows that there is indeed something wrong with them. It is as though society owes them because they are not normal like the rest of us.

Society doesn't owe you anything! You chose this lifestyle. There are those amongst you who even think it is fashionable. You all seem to be enjoying yourselves. Not one gay person has been attacked personally. But you lot seem very keen to attacks others on a personal level.

From someone sitting and watching all of you, it is obvious that not a single one amongst you have spoken in a manner that is civil, courteous and above all sensible.

There is nothng but anger and a resentment against normal people trying to lead normal lifes and trying to help others like themselves to lead enriching normal lives.

Move on and help yourself instead of stabbing yourself at the back and others in the front.