• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Long queue outside apple store in orchard...

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
au3YXEC.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This proves that the PAP is doing a fantastic job. Sinkies have loads of disposable income.

In NZ they have to queue just to get a decent meal. Otherwise they go hungry.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/87...istmas-as-people-needing-help-queue-all-night

City Mission gears up for Christmas, as people needing help queue all night
Alexandra Nelson12:52, Dec 16 2016

BEVAN READ/STUFF.CO.NZ
Recently appointed city missioner Chris Farrelly finds solace in the people who are fighting poverty in Auckland.

The Auckland City Mission is a place of organised chaos in the lead up to Christmas as people needing help queue overnight waiting to get inside.

The Mission's new CEO Chris Farrelly can't believe that people start arriving outside the Mission's Drop-in Centre on Hobson Street in central Auckland around 11pm, but said that's a reflection of the extent of Auckland's poverty.

"By about 6am there's 100 people on the street. They quietly wait. It's almost humiliating having to wait out here in the public gaze," Farrelly said.

1481845976902.jpg

CHRIS SKELTON
People needing help have been queuing outside the Auckland City Mission overnight.

He may be a "newbie on the block" after replacing long-standing Missioner, Dame Diane Robertson, in June but he has already noticed that Auckland's poverty is "shocking the whole community".

He said he was concerned but optimistic about what the coming weeks will bring.
ADVERTISEMENT

1481845976902.jpg

BEVAN READ
Chris Farrelly, Auckland City Mission CEO helps sort toys into age groups for those who can't afford their own.

"I am concerned by the fact that many local families are unable to put food on the table, cover the cost of basic healthcare - even provide a home for their children," he said.

"I've been absorbing the reality of the Auckland City Mission and the reality of poverty in Auckland.

"I'm very aware that Auckland and New Zealand do not want this as our new norm and our new reality. I can't tell you how huge the response is in terms of people who want to help."
1526424240248.jpg

CHRIS SKELTON/STUFF
People queue up outside the Auckland City Mission for food packages.

Farrelly said he was amazed at the amount of donations and volunteers coming through.

"Just in these three to four weeks we need over $1 million just to carry out what we're doing here leading up to and post Christmas."

Farrelly said the Mission wasn't short of good spirit.

"I wish I could get the whole country to come in and feel the goodness, compassion and care that's happening.

"Somehow it's the spirit of the people working in there and it's that spirit and goodness that really is quite beautiful. The vibe is very positive."
Farrelly said about 1000 people came into the Mission every day seeking help.

"We're connecting with these people throughout the year. This is not just a Christmas phenomenon for the Mission, we're not just a Christmas organisation. Twenty-four hours, seven days a week we're doing this.

"We can be shamed with what we've got in terms of poverty, we can be proud at the response the community is giving at the moment."

Farrelly said the Mission's goal was to assist families in a meaningful way; to offer food and Christmas presents, but also offer deeper support with issues such as debt, health problems, housing and addiction.

On Christmas day, the Mission organises a lunch for 2000 people.

BY THE NUMBERS

* The Mission provides over 4000 Christmas emergency food parcels.
* The Mission distributes 8000 presents to Auckland children who would otherwise miss out.
* The Mission hosts 2000 guests for Christmas Lunch.
Stuff

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
This proves that the PAP is doing a fantastic job. .

:FU:
tis prooved
1- nowadays the youngsters are silly bordering on stupidity
2- the power and influence of adverts
3- they buy because they want the new gadget , not due to need and necessity.
does the new fone has mission critical functions that are needed daily ,
a show off , with a veneer of false pride ; regularly brags about and comparing the fone models.
4- the onli fantastic job the Pee An Pee has done is getting a few semi boiled
trouble makers to suck it cock.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm glad that I got my bangalas and maids to queue up for me. John Tan and family are getting 10 new iPhones.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those who have ordered the new Apple products online, the fastest way to get the product is to personally go down & pick the item up from the Apple store. For those who prefer to wait for home delivery, there is a wait of about 1 week.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol... why are these clowns queuing overnight?

Got ample stock everywhere! I might have to cancel my extra phone since i can't rip off others this year! lol