• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

London riots turning racist as three ah nehs killed by black looters

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Birmingham riots: intense anger after deaths of three young men
Community leaders appeal for calm after three British Asians rammed by carload of suspected looters in Winson Green
Riazat Butt and Martin Wainwright
<time datetime="2011-08-10T14:12BST" pubdate="" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Wednesday 10 August 2011 14.12 BST
</time>
A-forensics-officer-inspe-007.jpg

A police forensics officer inspects the scene where three young British Asian men were killed by a car driven by suspected looters in the Winson Green area of Birmingham. Photograph: Darren Staples/Reuters

Community leaders in Birmingham are working all-out to calm intense anger in the city's British Asian community over the deaths of three young men who were rammed by a carload of suspected looters.

West Midlands police arrested a man near the scene and recovered a vehicle, which forensics experts are examining. They later launched a murder inquiry.

Groups of residents in Winson Green, the inner-city area where the men were killed as they tried to protect local businesses in the early hours of Wednesday, openly warned of inter-communal violence if the murder inquiry fails to produce rapid results.

Their anger was passed on by the local Labour MP for Ladywood, Shabana Mahmood, and the Bishop of Aston, Rt Rev Anthony Watson, who joined a meeting at Dudley Road mosque, which locals claimed was on looters' hitlist of targets where money might be found. The victims, brothers Shazad Ali and Abdul Mussavir, 32 and 30, and Haroon Jahan, 21, were among some 80 young men who turned out after a gang tried to ransack the nearby Jet petrol station on Monday night.

<iframe width="460" height="287" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OAXv5CRocvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; "></iframe>
Tariq Jahan speaking on Sky News earlier today

The bishop warned of possible reprisals and events "potentially having an ugly race dimension". Shortly after he spoke,a screaming and swearing African-Caribbean woman challenged a group of British Asians in a side street off Dudley Road, saying: "Your attitude is how riots start," before a friend bundled her into a car and drove off.

Another group of British Asian men said they had seen the fatal incident, which was over in seconds but saw the victims flung into the air as a black Audi rammed into them. One, who declined to give his name, said: "Of course it was deliberate. No way was it an accident. The driver went on to the pavement and rammed them. He knew what he was doing."

He said that four carloads of young African-Caribbeans had cruised down Dudley Road and there had been no doubt about what they were planning. He said that he had given evidence to the police.

"These were bright young guys we've lost," he said. "They knew the meaning of work and got themselves decent jobs. The brothers had a carwash which was another business which might have been targeted, and Haroon worked as a mechanic in a garage.

"They were well-known round here. One of them only got married in March and his wife was expecting their first child in four months' time."

The bishop said that extended families were part of a very strong network in the community – he had met Haroon's uncle and older brother – which added to the strength of feelings.

Haroon's father Jahan joined appeals for calm, holding a photograph of his son in the doorway of his home at Winson Green. He said: "He was trying to help his community and he has been killed.

"He was a very well-liked kid. I can't describe to anybody what it feels like to lose a son. He was the youngest of three, and anything I ever wanted done, I would always ask Haroon to sort it out for me.

"A day from now, maybe two days from now, the whole world will forget and nobody will care."

Calling for calm and no attempt at revenge, he said: "I don't blame the government, I don't blame the police, I don't blame nobody. It was his destiny and his fate, and now he's gone."

Long queues of friends and relatives waited outside the house to pay their respects as other family members spoke of the tragedy. Numbers increased in the early afternoon, in spite of the onset of rain which police hoped would deter a third night of violence.

Sobia Nazia, a cousin to the brothers, said: "They were brothers to everybody. They used to look out for everyone. They were heroes. I heard people describing them on Facebook as brothers to one and all.

"People who only just knew of them haven't slept all night. It's made a huge impact, more than we thought."

Another mourner embraced Sobia and the victims' younger sister who was welcoming mourners into the house, and said in Urdu: "They died martyrs."

The sister was too upset to reply, but Sorbia said firmly: "We don't want anything more to happen – just the culprits brought to justice. We don't want other families to suffer. It's the youth. They have no knowledge, they have no jobs and they are bored."

Feelings have also been inflamed by an alleged 20-minute delay before an ambulance arrived, with other locals saying that police riot vans had got in the way. Frantic efforts to resuscitate the men failed and two died at the scene. The third died shortly afterwards at the nearby City hospital.

Other men said that they had been told by overstretched police to protect their own businesses. He said: "They were too busy looking after all the big places in the centre, chasing the mob all night rather than cracking down."

For the second day running, British Asian businesses in areas such as Soho Road, the bazaar-like mile of shops in Handsworth, were guarded by large numbers of men.

The incident plunged England's second city into fresh tension after a night which saw sporadic raids on shops but a much lower level of violence than on Monday night. A determined attempt by a fluid mob of some 200 looters to break into the Bull Ring centre was quickly foiled, partly thanks to fences and four privately-hired dog teams.

Over £500,000 damage was done on Monday to Emporio Armani in the Mailbox shopping centre, where security men with fire extinguishers kept looters out of Harvey Nichols.

More than 80 arrests were made on Tuesday and 19 men appeared in court in the city on Wednesday morning.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much for human rights... i'm not referring to this instance but the riot in general. I don't understand why the police are not shooting the rioters. Just blow off the bloody brains of these scums.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
London riots: Malaysian student injured

20110810.101234_110810-myriot.jpg

The Star/Asia News Network
Wednesday, Aug 10, 2011
By Rahimy Rahim & Qishin Tariq

PETALING JAYA - A 20-year-old Malaysian student who was on his way to buy food to break his fast was attacked by rioters in Barking East, London.

Wounded and bleeding on the street, he was later robbed by another gang.

The robbery on Mohd Asyraf Raziq Rosli which took place at 7pm London time (3am Malaysian time) yesterday was recorded by someone and later uploaded on YouTube.
RELATED STORIES
Through the YouTube posting, the attack on Mohd Asyraf was highlighted in the BBC World News and newspapers like The Sun and The Telegraph.

The 75-second video showed the first-year Kaplan University student, who was bleeding in the mouth, being robbed by a group of men who had initially pretended to help him.

The Sun described the incident as "riot yob mug injured child" while Internet users have branded the group of men seen in the video as scums.

The Telegraph described the clip as being filmed from "somewhere above and looks down onto an unknown street apparently in London where gangs are roaming the streets".

London Umno Club president Dzuhair Hanafiah, who identified the victim, said Mohd Asyraf was walking with his friends to buy food when they were confronted by a group of gangsters.

"His friends managed to escape but he was attacked."

"He is now being treated at Royal London Hospital for a broken jaw and disjointed teeth," he said when contacted yesterday.

The victim lost his mobile phone and wallet during the incident.

Dzuhair said efforts were being taken by the Malaysian Student Department and London Umno Club to evacuate students from the affected area.

"It was a very dangerous area even before the rioting started," he noted.

Mohd Asyraf's mother Maznah Abu Mansor, 47, said she was informed by Mara officers about her son's attack.

"I was initially very worried but I'm glad that he is all right. However, I am not able to talk to him because of his injuries," she said.

She added that she would appeal to Mara for financial support to visit her son who is to be operated on today.

"I also hope Mara can bring home the remaining students," said Maznah.

Malaysian High Commissioner to Britain Datuk Zakaria Sulong said an officer has been dispatched to help the victim.

"We will know what we can do to help the victim after meeting him," he said.

<object width="640" height="390" style="height: 390px; width: 640px; "><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctJP8rf15MA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390">

</object>

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

London riots: vigilantes hurl bottles at police in Eltham

Vigilantes defied police orders last night and vented their anger against officers as they attempted to mobilise their own forces to deal with rioters in London.

Eltham_2_1969101c.jpg

Large police presence in Eltham on Wednesday night Photo: SKY

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/biJgILxGK0o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

By Andrew Hough, Tim Ross and Richard Alleyne

12:15AM BST 11 Aug 2011

Riot police were hit with “missiles” including bottles as more than 1,000 officers battled with dozens of middle-aged men on the streets Eltham, south-east London. Witnesses reported that many of the 200 men were chanting in support of the English Defence League, the controversial Right-wing group.

The group had promised to defy police orders and mobilise their own forces to protect their families and businesses from mobs of looters. Last night hundreds of police from eight separate forces tried to restore calm from the mainly white, middle aged men.

Earlier they had claimed they were “protecting” local shops and businesses for a second consecutive night. With shops and pubs in the high street shut, the group, men aged in their 20s to 50s, brought carrier bags containing beer and drank and sat on benches. Riot police eventually restored order after charging at the crowd. At least one person was arrested.

Around 60 EDL supporters had gathered in the square in the town drinking cans of beer and chanting "We love you England". “Officers had missiles thrown at them this evening,” a Scotland Yard spokesman said. “Police have dealt with the disorder and the group has been dispersed. Police remain on the scene.” She declined to say whom the group were or how many police were in the area.

Local police denied the group were comprised of EDL members. But furious locals vented their anger at what they described as “outsider vigilantes” arriving in the area and sparking fights, particularly with police. Over the past few nights, residents in London have taken to the streets with baseball bats, swords and hockey sticks to defend their property after the police lost control.

There have been concerns that far-Right organisations had tried to take advantage of the social tensions by hijacking the “vigilante” armies. The EDL claimed that about 100 of its members were helping to protect the streets of Enfield on Tuesday night. The league was also encouraging people to join a group of men in Eltham planning to guard their high street.

As many as 1,500 Sikhs, some in their eighties, had patrolled west London neighbourhoods around temples in Southall and Hounslow on Tuesday night, chasing rioters away. In Dalston, east London, Turkish shopkeepers armed with bats and pool cues saw off a gang of masked men. In Hackney, east London, Kingsland High Street was lined with Turkish and Kurdish men on Tuesday night, some carrying sticks.

In Enfield, north London, an estimated 300 locals turned out to protect property on Tuesday after two nights of rioting. Police said anybody taking the law into their own hands, however well intentioned, would divert police resources away from the looters and arsonists. Steve Kavanagh, the deputy assistant commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said: “What I don’t need is these so-called vigilantes, who appeared to have been drinking too much.”

“These are small pockets of people. They’re frustrated, they’re angry, and that’s totally understandable. “But the support that we need is to allow those officers to prevent looting and crime.” He said it was “ironic” that media pictures showed looting in areas where there were “no police available” while officers were being diverted to stop vigilantes elsewhere. “That needs to stop,” he said.

Under the 2008 Criminal Justice and Immigration Act, home owners who use “reasonable force” to protect themselves should not face prosecution. However, they must not use more force than necessary. Experts say this can come down to a subtle difference, with anyone who chases an attacker likely to be at risk of committing an offence.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uzi

[video=youtube;s6BV8P0nNas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6BV8P0nNas&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Shopkeepers and owners should be armed ! If the rioting is a nation wide affair, the police will you fail COMPLETELY. Then, it is every man fate's to his own hands and to his own devices. The Americans are NOT wrong at all. You need to defend yourself though there's a judiciary system in place. I'll rather go in harm's way.

[video=youtube;VwSOi3R1Qfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwSOi3R1Qfk[/video]

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Uzi

Is out of control like airborne virus. Economy bad many people take advantage.
Next year Olympic in England. How will the gov manage if sudden riot after few day Olympic started?
Many football hooligan are from England. They will do anything to show their anger.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 ah nehs killed by whites huh ????

finally....................something good from this mess....................

read..African-Caribbeans..soon we will have this here...we have a Philippine National insulting not only SINgaporeans, but all those who have served National Service..

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysian mugging victim Ashraf Haziq says 'Britain is great'
Student attacked in Barking amid London riots is discharged from hospital as police make arrest in connection with his attack
Mohammad-Haziq--007.jpg
Malaysian student Mohammad Haziq told the media he bore no malice towards Britain after being discharged from hospital where he was treated for injuries caused during a mugging in Barking, east London. Photograph: Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP

Ashraf Haziq, the Malaysian student mugged and left with a broken jaw in a now notorious attack in Barking, east London on Monday, said he still felt "great" about Britain.

The 20-year-old, who is studying accountancy and has only been in the country for a month, said he bore no malice or ill-feeling towards the country despite his ordeal which started when rioters demanded his bicycle.

Speaking at a press conference after being discharged from the RoyalLondon hospital, Haziq, from Kuala Lumpur, said he felt sorry for his attackers. "I was really sad for them because amongst them there were children," he said.

"There was a boy from a primary school, I think. It was shocking because I expected it to be someone older, but there was this boy."

The student was held up at knifepoint and punched. Several people were seen helping him to his feet and looked like they were comforting him but then they rifled through the contents of his backpack and stole items. He underwent a three-hour operation on Wednesday.

Minutes after his press conference at the Malaysian high commission in London, police said a 20-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of robbery in connection with the attack.

Haziq said: "My family are worried about me, and my mother would like me to go home, but I am determined to stay. Britain is great. Before I came here, I was very eager and I haven't got any ill-feeling about what happened.

"It is really strange. I am just a normal person. These things happened so suddenly."

He had been told money was being raised through a social media campaign and he said he would like his mother to come to visit him.

"It is very nice of you to help me. I plan to finish my study here and then, after I finish, I am returning back home. That will be in two years' time."

Haziq said he appreciated David Cameron's support for him, expressed in the Commons on Thursday, but said he did not want to comment about the prime minister's description of a "sick society". He said had been helped by two girls and a woman following the incident.

Haziq had been on his way to a friend's home when he was attacked. "She told me there was a riot going on in East Ham and she wanted us to be together."

The Malaysian high commission has warned its citizens to "exercise maximum alert and vigilance while they are in public places, especially in areas affected by the riots".

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans Are Weak

read..African-Caribbeans..soon we will have this here...we have a Philippine National insulting not only SINgaporeans, but all those who have served National Service..

Singaporeans in general (almost 100%, except Conqueror and a few good men) have weak hearts and almost 'successfully' being 'civilised' (useless males that keep retreating). What to do ? Must be in their genes ! Sigh.

img_11372_impact-mma-singapore.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. They stood and watched and did nothing. I was watching the BBC thru hours when it was going on. After the fires and looting, the Police began chasing the tailenders. So much so that a lot of girls and women got arrested.
So much for human rights... i'm not referring to this instance but the riot in general. I don't understand why the police are not shooting the rioters. Just blow off the bloody brains of these scums.