• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LOL, Indon just woke up to their haze emergency! suck THIS!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/asiapacific/indonesia-to-decide/2212770.html

Indonesia to decide whether to declare national emergency over forest fires, haze
By Saifulbahri Ismail
POSTED: 23 Oct 2015 16:50 **UPDATED: 23 Oct 2015 21:29

A
A
JAKARTA:*Indonesia will decide soon whether it is necessary to declare the current forest fires and haze crisis a national emergency.

Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Luhut Pandjaitan said the government would conduct a review before making a decision.

Mr Luhut was speaking to reporters on Friday (Oct 23) after he and other ministers met President Joko Widodo to discuss the haze issue before the president’s departure for the United States on Saturday.

Mr Luhut has pulled out of the US trip to oversee the crisis in Indonesia. He is expected to travel to Kalimantan on Saturday to assess the situation on the ground.

"But I wish to tell you that the actions that have been taken are at the level of a national emergency because we know that the people cannot wait anymore. We have already prepared our warships and other state-owned vessels to act as temporary shelters in Sumatra and Kalimantan," he said.*

The ships, however, will only be used as a last resort if other efforts, including moving residents to government offices with air purifiers, prove unsuccessful, Mr Luhut added.

Indonesia earlier this month had asked several countries, including neighbouring Singapore and Malaysia and far-flung Russia, for aid, equipment and personnel to help combat the fires.

Noting the success of Russia's Be200 water bomber, Mr Luhut said he had requested similar aircraft assistance from Canada, the United States and France.
- CNA/Reuters/al

pap_doggy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indonesia must make Death Penalty Capital Punishment for haze causing culprits. From directors to managers to foreman to workers, all face firing squad for causing haze and fire. Money rewards anyone reporting and testified against culprits. They also can be shot dead on the spot while at the act of causing haze and fire. Money rewards those who shot dead culprits on the spot.

This will work, and fuck dead those who cry human rights or any CB LJ craps.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
calling national emergency means they can now tap into national reserve and ask official for free no need to return money from others and borrow extremely low interest rate loans from IMF to line their pockets.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/asiapacific/indonesia-to-decide/2212770.html

Indonesia to decide whether to declare national emergency over forest fires, haze
By Saifulbahri Ismail
POSTED: 23 Oct 2015 16:50 **UPDATED: 23 Oct 2015 21:29

A
A
JAKARTA:*Indonesia will decide soon whether it is necessary to declare the current forest fires and haze crisis a national emergency.

Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Luhut Pandjaitan said the government would conduct a review before making a decision.

Mr Luhut was speaking to reporters on Friday (Oct 23) after he and other ministers met President Joko Widodo to discuss the haze issue before the president’s departure for the United States on Saturday.

Mr Luhut has pulled out of the US trip to oversee the crisis in Indonesia. He is expected to travel to Kalimantan on Saturday to assess the situation on the ground.

"But I wish to tell you that the actions that have been taken are at the level of a national emergency because we know that the people cannot wait anymore. We have already prepared our warships and other state-owned vessels to act as temporary shelters in Sumatra and Kalimantan," he said.*

The ships, however, will only be used as a last resort if other efforts, including moving residents to government offices with air purifiers, prove unsuccessful, Mr Luhut added.

Indonesia earlier this month had asked several countries, including neighbouring Singapore and Malaysia and far-flung Russia, for aid, equipment and personnel to help combat the fires.

Noting the success of Russia's Be200 water bomber, Mr Luhut said he had requested similar aircraft assistance from Canada, the United States and France.
- CNA/Reuters/al

It is obvious to everyone that Jakarta is not taking the haze seriously. I wonder how many of their public officials have taken bribes from companies that are causing the haze.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is obvious to everyone that Jakarta is not taking the haze seriously. I wonder how many of their public officials have taken bribes from companies that are causing the haze.

Yes, that's true. A few reasons why this is so. One is that the wind during this period does not blow the haze to Jakarta and so the policy and decision-makers are not affected by the haze at all. So no matter how bad the haze becomes, it does not bother them. Second is that where the haze blows to, the people there lives are cheap. So it doesn't matter what happens to them, after all, Indonesia is over-populated and if a few thousands die due to the haze, it may not be a bad thing. Third, the companies are granted concessions for the land from the members of parliament who receive huge sums of money in return. It is simple logic then the MPs will not do anything (other than talk) to stop or prevent the fire.

On top of all this, we can see how ASEAN has failed despite the close co-operation it claims with their public statements. Not one of the ASEAN member countries had dare to take Indonesia head on for a problem that persisted for 20 years or more. Some in fact came out to say Indonesia is not to be blamed. With such an careless attitude of the ASEAN governments, Indonesia is emboldened by this and so year after year, we get choked for a few months. We will have to live with this as long as there are land in Sumatra, Kalimantan etc to be used for whatever plantations. So it may well be for next 50 years we will suffer over this.

Last evening, an outdoor event I attended was cancelled due to the haze. Some members in the respective organizing committees were in tears, especially the younger ones. They had put in so much time and effort into the event and it was simply too much for them to bear and had to be consoled by the older ones. Disappointment could also be seen in the faces of the attendees, many were all dressed up to add color to the event, but has to be turned away. Quite a number lingered on to wonder how great an event it would have been if not for the haze.

In my view, the governments in ASEAN had been taking too soft a stance against Indonesia. What sovereignty is Indonesia citing when the haze originating from there has blown over to other countries skies, isn't that an intrusion of our sovereignty? Had it been a fallout of a natural disaster, then there is nothing to say. But these are deliberate acts for purpose of economic gains. The Indonesian government is of course to be blamed. But the other governments in ASEAN must share the blame if not more for letting the Indons do what they like. It amounts to abetting Indonesia actually. Criticisms rightfully should focus on ASEAN.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Indonesia will decide soon whether it is necessary to declare the current forest fires and haze crisis a national emergency ...
yes! ... evrybody shud evacuate from all indonesia islands immediately! ...

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Much like in Qing Dynasty in some regions where salt merchants are kings........... & all officials are on their payrolls to keep salt in short supply & hence maintain its high prices
You rub my back, I scratch yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking PAP come karcheow only!!

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haze? What haze? I thought they were just fog?

Now I need to get back to my siesta!

large-Three-toed-Sloth-photo.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the BBC based in Singapore which reported deaths of babies and the Jakarta bosses probably saw that and realized the extent of the problem.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. Haze is genocide. But indomee logic is something more complex than zen. Anyway there are the lousiest breed of animals.

Indonesia must make Death Penalty Capital Punishment for haze causing culprits. From directors to managers to foreman to workers, all face firing squad for causing haze and fire. Money rewards anyone reporting and testified against culprits. They also can be shot dead on the spot while at the act of causing haze and fire. Money rewards those who shot dead culprits on the spot.

This will work, and fuck dead those who cry human rights or any CB LJ craps.