• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Local Talent] Singapore designer invents solution to overcrowded MRT experience

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spike Away, A Vest That Helps Protect Your Personal Space in Public
by Lori Dorn on December 2, 2013

Spike-Siew-Ming-Chen.jpg

Spike Away” is the ingenious creation by industrial designer Siew Ming Cheng made during a workshop given by the award winning furniture designer Werner Aisslinger at the National University of Singapore. Students in the workshop were to come up with a problem for which they could hack a solution using ordinary objects, no matter how strange the results, per the art of Chindogu. In this case, it was how to protect one’s personal space on the crowded subway.

A quick brainstorming leads to a everyday situation. Trains are usually crowded during peak hours. Everybody will push each other to try and get onto the train. How can I protect my personal space? The idea was then conceived. “What if I wear a vest that is full of spikes?”

The vest is made of a lattice of flexible spiky plastic material tied together with cable ties. It’s the perfect accessory to warn people that you’re feeling a little prickly.

Front-of-Vest2.jpg

Side-of-vest.jpg

Front-of-Vest-Hanging1.jpg

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
dumbest thing I ever seen!! Whats next...a vest that gives out obnoxious odours..or a electric vest that electrifies anyone who touches...etc??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such a device would be banned in Spore because it would prevent the packing of the sardines into each car.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, who would want to molest a fuckface such as her? :biggrin:

'Protect personal space'? Must be another dumbfuck feminist trying to protect the sisterhood from us evil men. :rolleyes:

Legion_of_Doom.jpg

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be AWARE member. Watch out for news of AWARE promoting for "women's rights".

LOL, who would want to molest a fuckface such as her? :biggrin:

'Protect personal space'? Must be another dumbfuck feminist trying to protect the sisterhood from us evil men. :rolleyes:

Legion_of_Doom.jpg