• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local DJ loses $5,000 to bogus rep

RedHat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Local DJ loses $5,000 to bogus rep

March 23, 2013 - 1:34am

By: Noor Ashikin Abdul Rahman

01a28690.jpg

In an unusual move, music company Universal Music placed a full-page advertisement in The New Paper and a quarter-page ad in The Straits Times yesterday warning people that it is not linked to Universal Music Group Asia or Universal Music Asia.

The company also said people going by the name Hendrick Tan, Hendrick Chen, Hendrick Tan Zhi Xian, Edwina Chong, Zhang Xiaoxuan, DJ JT and Jill Patterson were not their representatives.

A local DJ, who declined to be named, told TNP she was approached online by a person who called himself Hendrick Tan. He asked if she wanted to sign with a record label linked to Universal Music.

She believed him and transferred over $5,000 using online payment site PayPal.

She said: “I was suspicious, but I gave him the benefit of doubt. I guess I was naive.”

Read the full report in The New Paper on Saturday (23 March).