• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living with severe eczema: Lost sleep, blood on clothes, mental health struggles

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
1560171504662.png

SINGAPORE — Whenever 33-year-old Tu Deyuan tells someone he was hospitalised because of eczema, the question he invariably gets is: “What for?”

“People would tell me they have eczema too, and wonder why I had to be admitted for a skin condition. They don’t understand how bad it can get because they’ve not seen the severe version,” Mr Tu, who works as an auditor, said.

Eczema is a group of conditions that cause inflammation of the skin, the most common type being atopic dermatitis.

Symptoms often appear as an itchy rash on the skin. In more severe cases, the inflamed and dry skin may crack, bleed and even become infected.

Since Mr Tu started getting severe flare-ups at the age of 25, he has been hospitalised three times. Each hospital stay lasted five days to a week.

With every flare-up, more than 80 per cent of his body would be covered in itchy, red rashes and dry, cracked skin which is prone to tearing, bleeding and infection.

His face and scalp are not spared.

“By then, my skin had become very thin from prolonged steroid treatment (for eczema). It was so dry that just turning my head would cause the skin on my neck to tear and bleed.

“The doctor admitted me because he didn’t think (outpatient) home treatment would help,” Mr Tu said.

He has since gone off steroid treatment and now tries to manage his condition by modifying his diet.

More at https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...t-sleep-blood-clothes-mental-health-struggles

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soo sad. He is Much better being soylent Green as the suffering will end. However if he wants to continue living I hope his dietary restrictions will help. Or he should go for TCM....and dietary restrictions...

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like that kio kway will reject bo? :unsure:

My friend in 40s has eczema. He is a good hardworking and nice guy but something is amiss in his life, he hardly has any sex with his wife because of eczema. As a result, they are childless.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend in 40s has eczema. He is a good hardworking and nice guy but something is amiss in his life, he hardly has any sex with his wife because of eczema. As a result, they are childless.
Lucky his wife never leave him. N when one has illness one should never breed. Don't pass defects to the next gen.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can always get another guy to bonk tge wife if he truly loves her.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gin kway doesn't discriminate.
金鸡 @ginfreely
Look at how proud this self admitted Malaysian chinese dog is ferociously attacking me a whore EVERYDAY EVERYWHERE. That’s how these evil and vicious Malaysian Indian and chinese dogs are spamming lies and stealing my photos and harassing me non stop be it online or offline.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at how proud this self admitted Malaysian chinese dog is ferociously attacking me a whore EVERYDAY EVERYWHERE. That’s how these evil and vicious Malaysian Indian and chinese dogs are spamming lies and stealing my photos and harassing me non stop be it online or offline.
Malaysia boleh to degenerate instead of progress and proudly produce YOUNG barbarian criminal bullies. The younger the more barbarian they are!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is worst. Life too short for such compromise. If before marry have sexy time discuss may be choices will be different. :unsure:

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is worst. Life too short for such compromise. If before marry have sexy time discuss may be choices will be different. :unsure:

Different priorities in life. And adult eczema medications (creams) cost three digits monthly.