• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing i notice with buying overseas assets is the currency fluctuation. NOt sure if anyone has mentioned this yet..

As an example:
While we hope for the S$ to strengthen and therefore we get more RM (more bang for our buck), this also leads to our asset depreciating. Say you bought an asset X at $100. The value of money erodes if your coverted currency depreciates. Which means the value of your $100 may end up as $95. And of course you may lose even your profits especially if you wanna repatriate your currency back to spore.

But lets say you plan to live, retire and pass on in Malaysia... then you have profits.

So it depends how you wanna use your asset value say after a certain no of years.

Now I usually wait till RM 238.8 before I change. Today ( monday ) could be beter as its RM 2.40+ in the net.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Installation of Grilles

YEah my sliding door has the grille on the outside. The main door the grille is outside.

The rest of the grilles are on the inside.

Yes the solar film with tints reduce ability to look in and therefore see the grilles especially during the day. At night with lights on the grilles are easily visible with solar film unless you buy the Black out solar film. But then if you install blackout solar film why have a window in the first place right?

My hall looked a bit like a prison until i installed nice warm cream coloured curtains.

Actually, I will mix both options. For sliding glass door definitely outside. Windows really must depend on it opening direction...for my case is inside.
I think mixing both will help a bit for the exterior appearance of the house, not so prison look.

Maybe can consider to install tinted anti-shatter glass film as well. it will make the grille not so visible from the other side.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah the lightning yesterday was a beautiful sight. And every of these breaks i get in JB refresh and rejuvenate me no end.

Agreed on the pressure release valves:smile:.

I see, good for you, i remembered i couldn't wait to move out here. I was standing outside the steps of my balcony yesterday night with strains of zither playing (my neighbour) and lightning in the distance. Really made for a pretty imposing view. Despite the pressures at work, this was really my escape valve.

The only baked rice and cordon bleu i have tried that are nice are those from the Secret Receipe restaurant at the Giant in Perling mall(a bit run down but that place has a cinema).

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did go down this morning and there is some information. May I entice you over to my weblog to read what I have?
http://www.puterim.com/joomla/index...condo-development&catid=25:property&Itemid=29

There is hope on the maintenance fees, depending on the owners after handover.

Tks mallow.

But with the treshold above M$500K now, kind of wonder do i really need such a big layout. Hmm.....

Hi Whoami

How much was ujana selling for psf and what is the psf maintenance fee?

I am actually thinking of getting a unit at the HH condo. Do you reckon it is a good purchase? Noticed that quite a number of units still available (not as hot selling as ujana) might be used for home stay. New terraces launching at the hills next week corner lots all taken :(

Tat time they are selling at 350 psf. The unit that i was interested was selling btw M$350 - 400K and on a high floor. But the maintenance was 0.40cts psf. Kind of put me off! So for me no point getting a shoe size apt. Have to be above 1K psf layout. So mthly Maint fee definitely more than M$400.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi AP, might increase the stress level!!!! looking at the BARS all the time :smile: Luckily you've got the curtains.......... ( Don't look behind the curtains.........) Happy Easter.

YEah my sliding door has the grille on the outside. The main door the grille is outside.

The rest of the grilles are on the inside.

Yes the solar film with tints reduce ability to look in and therefore see the grilles especially during the day. At night with lights on the grilles are easily visible with solar film unless you buy the Black out solar film. But then if you install blackout solar film why have a window in the first place right?

My hall looked a bit like a prison until i installed nice warm cream coloured curtains.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is always hotel 81... hahaha just kidding... stay in relative or friend's house loh... in return invite them over to JB for makan

haha.. LeMans2011... yah Hotel81 sounds ok... but then why don't i sleep in my office while waiting for my wife? maybe on those days, can bring a pillow to office? It's definitely a cheaper alternative.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday rate was very good, I got it at 2.392. Change at Raffles Place.

Hi Jogs1, mine sharing exactly which money changer in Raffles Place gave you this rate/ I went to change at People's Park Complex and only managed to get 2.39 on 6th Apr. Always good to know another high-rate money changer which is near my office at Tiong Bahru.

Also thanks to Analytical professor on sharing the different features of the safety/security stuff that you found from another website. This is what this topic should be all about; helping each other live a better life out of Singapore.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by rw6akr

Again bros, when fixing antenna, do look at what the developers policies are, if they say they won't cover once antenna is installed, then you might want to wait at least until your defect rectification period is over before doing it.

By the way, for antennas, normally its around 300 plus RM. For aircon, there are new brands like Fujiaire, Midea, etc which covers 2 years of warranty so for those who are planning to buy for own use or even to rent out, these are quite ok. For water heaters, Joven is quite ok, about 399 RM for one with pump although this is list price so remember to bargain. Recently went to the 2nd hand car dealers at Skudai, Giant, quite a lot of cars gone, maybe they are shifting to other places. There are several places along the pasir gudang highway from Bukit Indah to Tebrau city so its good to check out and compare prices. Financing is about 70%.

Hi wuqi256, why wouldn't the developer cover once the antenna is installed? Does installing an antenna on the roof void any warranty on the roof? Thanks in advance; just that I don't understand why?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi256, why wouldn't the developer cover once the antenna is installed? Does installing an antenna on the roof void any warranty on the roof? Thanks in advance; just that I don't understand why?

Haha my guess is the worker needs to step onto the roof and remove some roof tiles to install the antenna... if not properly done might result in leakage?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nice one there bro. Yes your right. Before the curtains came along the grilles were damn oh biang to say the least.

But now with the warm beige curtains the house looks a lot more cosier.

:smile::smile:Blessed Easter to you too bro.:smile::smile:

Hi AP, might increase the stress level!!!! looking at the BARS all the time :smile: Luckily you've got the curtains.......... ( Don't look behind the curtains.........) Happy Easter.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
He just suggesting only Hotel 81...

On a different note imagine someone tells ur wife/relatives that they saw you coming out or going into H81!!!

haha.. LeMans2011... yah Hotel81 sounds ok... but then why don't i sleep in my office while waiting for my wife? maybe on those days, can bring a pillow to office? It's definitely a cheaper alternative.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any changes to structure/fittings other than the original would void the warranty.

1) Bringing sand in for renovation would void termite warranty

2) Installing solar films voids window warranty.

3) Changing floor tiles in bathroom voids bathroom leaking warranty

4) Similarly Installing an antenna on roof voids roof warranty since the worker may have accidentally damaged/caused leakage to roofing structure during the process of installing antennae

5) A lot of hacking/drilling voids structural warranty too.

That is why i never hacked/drilled much. Just used the basic config provided by the developer.

Haha my guess is the worker needs to step onto the roof and remove some roof tiles to install the antenna... if not properly done might result in leakage?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any changes to structure/fittings other than the original would void the warranty.

1) Bringing sand in for renovation would void termite warranty

2) Installing solar films voids window warranty.

3) Changing floor tiles in bathroom voids bathroom leaking warranty

4) Similarly Installing an antenna on roof voids roof warranty since the worker may have accidentally damaged/caused leakage to roofing structure during the process of installing antennae

5) A lot of hacking/drilling voids structural warranty too.

That is why i never hacked/drilled much. Just used the basic config provided by the developer.

According to my friend who I brought to see the NI show house, UEM is using metal truss for the door frames and roof structure, which he said is good because there is no wood used in the house structure. So, I don't have to worry about termite problems in my NI house 10-20 years later. As for Item 2, installation of the solar film doesn't affect the window frame, so I guess it's an argueable point with the developer if I have any issues with my windows.

Agree with Item 3 and maybe Item 4; although it sounds illogical for a worker to spoil the roof structure. On that note, may I know if your top floor ceiling is originally plaster ceiling or concrete? I saw the Ni show house; it seems to be plaster ceiling already; not sure if because it's a show house and the put plaster ceiling to install the down lights. Just that the ceiling seemed very high, around 11ft.

As for Item 5, my renovation will definitely void that warranty since I plan to extend out from the side of my corner house, so bo pian.

Status
Not open for further replies.