• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
......... my Chinese teacher criticized me and told me this, no matter how good your English ever becomes, how western your thinking or outlook is, you will always be a Chinese in the eyes of others.

Teacher is right. Despite my illiteracy in Chinese language , I love and uphold many things in Chinese culture particularly filial piety which is sadly lacking in many youths today.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have increased my workout to 5 times per week to see if it helps. If it fails then I will have to consider this as an alternative. :smile:

Hi cathylmg,
U have prescribed the best remedy for that neck problem. Only by regular appropriate excercise can we (yes, I suffered from similar prob abt 2 years back) get better. It will take time but the body can heal itself when the strained n injured nerves realign themselves again. I did n still do a lot of arm stretches eg alternate swinging of arms upwards n down whilst standing ramrod straight, feet slighty apart , at least 10 mins 3x daily, head looking straight ahead. I m ok ,now. Hot towel massage like wuqi suggested is good too. Also, avoid those 'windy' foods like glutinous rice n veg like long beans. Hope u get better soon.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was a banana too until my secondary 2 days when my Chinese teacher criticized me and told me this, no matter how good your English ever becomes, how western your thinking or outlook is, you will always be a Chinese in the eyes of others.

This is exactly what my ex-classmate said too. He used to be unable to speak Mandarin but somehow after he went to study in USA, he was transformed and can speak Mandarin and even listen to Chinese songs.

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal
really ah so quiet?

But then , i am fine with price stagnate/drop or rise.

Looking to complete purchase in HH so now renting out for a year. Primarily for own stay then rental income.

My aim is to leave at least 1 property to each kid in the end and cant quite do it in spore/ take a very loooooong time to do it, but HH or nusajaya gives me that possibility to realize the dream.

Price drop- can buy 1 more? less people will come and hence less traffic/crowd?

Price increase- your assets increase in value.

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not just Malaysia, singapore too.. Mostly are new development sales.. Resales usually weak.

The resale market is extremely quiet. Semi-Ds in Horizon Hills were going for RM 1.5m. No takers. Reduced to RM 1.4m. No takers. Still downgrade when I checked today and cant believe my eyes. RM 1.35m now for a Semi-d. I called up agent and still, he said no takers.

Those condos @ Horizon Residence ( not yet TOP ) are asking for RM 600k +. Zero sales so far. Bought @ RM 300k plus. I worry for those buyers who bought with almost nil downpayments esp when the interest rate is 4+ %. Some bought up to 5 units at one go and can you imagine when its TOP, the monthly instalment is easily RM 10,000 a month. If the buyers are not biting till then, we can expect force sale and more auctions. Dont be surprised. Last week there is an auction for a corner terrace in Golf HH.

Went on to look @ the condo opp Tesco. Again @ RM 300+ k, no one is buying. And when I called some regular agents to chit-chat, I found that Gateway Terraces and Golf Terraces prices have staganted. Golf terrace is about RM 700K at most when new terraces are launched at almost RM 1m. Thats why the developers have encountered slow and almost zero sales for new launches except for their in-house agents snapping up units hoping to resell at tidy profits. They are panicking. Ujana apartments are asking for above 600 psf. Again, zero sales so far.

The developments with fantastic results where sales are moving must be East Ledang and golf-facing houses in HH and probably those cheaper landed in Nusa Sentral etc.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those condos @ Horizon Residence ( not yet TOP ) are asking for RM 600k +. Zero sales so far.

Ujana apartments are asking for above 600 psf. Again, zero sales so far.

I am wondering how easy or difficult it is to resell or flip a property in Malaysia before TOP or CFO. I heard that it may be quite difficult. Anyone who is knowledgeable please provide your comments.

Are these serious sellers, or just trying to gauge the market before they collect keys?

Also, keep in mind, these sellers may now be hit with a 15% or 10% Capital Gains tax. This may also deter some of the sellers.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some could be trying their luck. But I am assuming there would be some who bought a few units at one go hoping to flip as they have no financial capacity to service the monthly instalments. Being slapped with capital gains tax ( if any ) is much better than being auctioned off. i have spoken to many sales exec of Nusajaya properties and found that in-house sales snapping up units only to resell them are very very very common.

I just gotten info from my learned agent that the horizon hills corner terrace being auctioned off last week belonged to a property agent who couldnt service his loan of about RM 4000 a month. Its actually a big sum considering most local Malaysians earn RM 2000-RM3000 on average. One fellow investor smsed me this morning saying a semi in jln ampang was sold quickly for rm1.15m once it is placed for sale. I wonder if this is true...

Thanks for the valuable insights .....

I am just wondering how someone making RM 3000 - RM 4000 may be eligible to get a loan that requires a monthly payment of RM 4000? I have spoken with several local and multinational banks in Malaysia so far, and most have told me that they will take your total income and loan you an amount where your monthly payment is not more than 40% of you income. And BTW, they have full visibility into your existing mortgages.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like many factories and warehouses will be shifting to iskander as not much industrial land left in tuas.

PUBLISHED OCTOBER 02, 2012
S'pore shipping heart transplanted to Tuas
Container shipping ops to be consolidated there; city terminals' land to be freed up
BYLYNN KAN

Expansion drive: Artist's impression of Pasir Panjang Terminal Phases 3 and 4. PSA Singapore will spend $3.5 billion on the project which will be ready by 2020 - PHOTO: PSA SINGAPORE
[SINGAPORE] In about 10 years' time, Singapore will begin transhipment port activities from a very different location: in Tuas, close to the Republic's industrial heart and also international shipping lanes.

All of Singapore's container port activities will be consolidated in a new Tuas Port development that can handle up to 65 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) a year, said Minister of Transport Lui Tuck Yew yesterday.

That is nearly double PSA Singapore terminals' current capacity of 35 million TEUs. It also dwarfs Port of Singapore's record container throughput in 2011 of 29.94 million TEUs.

The first berths at Tuas will begin operations 10 years from now, in time for when Singapore's city terminals at Tanjong Pagar, Keppel, and Pulau Brani, end their leases in 2027.

Singapore has two other existing terminals in Pasir Panjang Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which were completed in 2010.

"Over the longer term, not only the city terminals but also the Pasir Panjang (terminals) will be eventually merged at Tuas," said Mr Lui.

In the meantime, port operator PSA Singapore is going ahead with Pasir Panjang Terminal Phases 3 and 4. It announced yesterday at a launch ceremony that it will spend $3.5 billion on the expansion project.

Phases 3 and 4 will add 250 hectares of terminal space, as well as 15 new berths and about six kilometres of quay length.

Moreover, they will deepen PSA Singapore's maximum draft to 18 metres from 16 metres to accommodate the new generation of mega-sized containerships which can carry 18,000 twenty-foot containers.

When both phases are ready by 2020, they will add 15 million TEUs of capacity at Singapore's top container handler to 50 million TEUs. That, however, is still 15 million container boxes fewer than what Tuas Port can handle.

Mr Lui, the guest of honour at the launch, said Tuas Port will be developed, like Pasir Panjang Terminal, in phases.

He explained that Tuas Port would free up prime land for re-development.

Centralising all port activities in Tuas will help boost efficiency and economies of scale - elements critical to a transhipment port.

"Currently, we have five container terminals . . . To support transhipment operations, there is often a need to move containers between these terminals by trucks. This adds to the time taken and business costs for port operations, as well as congestions on our roads," Mr Lui said. "Consolidation will eliminate this need for inter-terminal haulage."

Tuas Port will moreover give Singapore a "clean slate" to introduce new technologies and processes to respond to future challenges in shipping such as larger and more complex ships as well as ships powered by liquified natural gas and other alternative fuels, said Mr Lui.

And with Singapore's manpower and land constraints, the new port would have to be more efficient and productive.

Singapore has begun funding research into automating port systems, optimization techniques and technologies under a Port Technology Research and Development Programme launched in April 2011.

"We will be able to deploy some of the outcomes of these projects at Tuas Port," he said.

The future is already part-way here. Pasir Panjang Terminal Phases 3 and 4 will sport automated and efficient port features.

Group CEO of PSA International Tan Chong Meng said an intelligent planning and operation system will manage a fleet of unmanned rail mounted gantry cranes. All cranes at PPT Phases 3 and 4 will run on electricity and are more environmentally-friendly.

"More automation will also mean greater demand for better-trained employees equipped with higher skill sets to manage these advanced operating systems," said Mr Tan.

Fox Chu, Accenture director of ports industry, Asia-Pacific, was positive on PSA Singapore's investment. "PSA Singapore Terminals is among the few terminals in the world with the scale, productivity and management expertise to provide reliable and efficient services to our customers," he said. "To attain its position, PSA has to match, if not surpass, the port investment of other Asia hub ports."

JYinfintiy

Last week went to Tropez most of the condo units already sold out and pricing in the region of RM600 psf
Wondering it is better to go for these resale unit AT Horizon Hills
In terms of investment how does horizon area compare to Tropez , TIA

lanlibra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like many factories and warehouses will be shifting to iskander as not much industrial land left in tuas.

PUBLISHED OCTOBER 02, 2012
S'pore shipping heart transplanted to Tuas
Container shipping ops to be consolidated there; city terminals' land to be freed up
BYLYNN KAN

Expansion drive: Artist's impression of Pasir Panjang Terminal Phases 3 and 4. PSA Singapore will spend $3.5 billion on the project which will be ready by 2020 - PHOTO: PSA SINGAPORE
[SINGAPORE] In about 10 years' time, Singapore will begin transhipment port activities from a very different location: in Tuas, close to the Republic's industrial heart and also international shipping lanes.

All of Singapore's container port activities will be consolidated in a new Tuas Port development that can handle up to 65 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) a year, said Minister of Transport Lui Tuck Yew yesterday.

That is nearly double PSA Singapore terminals' current capacity of 35 million TEUs. It also dwarfs Port of Singapore's record container throughput in 2011 of 29.94 million TEUs.

The first berths at Tuas will begin operations 10 years from now, in time for when Singapore's city terminals at Tanjong Pagar, Keppel, and Pulau Brani, end their leases in 2027.

Singapore has two other existing terminals in Pasir Panjang Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which were completed in 2010.

"Over the longer term, not only the city terminals but also the Pasir Panjang (terminals) will be eventually merged at Tuas," said Mr Lui.

In the meantime, port operator PSA Singapore is going ahead with Pasir Panjang Terminal Phases 3 and 4. It announced yesterday at a launch ceremony that it will spend $3.5 billion on the expansion project.

Phases 3 and 4 will add 250 hectares of terminal space, as well as 15 new berths and about six kilometres of quay length.

Moreover, they will deepen PSA Singapore's maximum draft to 18 metres from 16 metres to accommodate the new generation of mega-sized containerships which can carry 18,000 twenty-foot containers.

When both phases are ready by 2020, they will add 15 million TEUs of capacity at Singapore's top container handler to 50 million TEUs. That, however, is still 15 million container boxes fewer than what Tuas Port can handle.

Mr Lui, the guest of honour at the launch, said Tuas Port will be developed, like Pasir Panjang Terminal, in phases.

He explained that Tuas Port would free up prime land for re-development.

Centralising all port activities in Tuas will help boost efficiency and economies of scale - elements critical to a transhipment port.

"Currently, we have five container terminals . . . To support transhipment operations, there is often a need to move containers between these terminals by trucks. This adds to the time taken and business costs for port operations, as well as congestions on our roads," Mr Lui said. "Consolidation will eliminate this need for inter-terminal haulage."

Tuas Port will moreover give Singapore a "clean slate" to introduce new technologies and processes to respond to future challenges in shipping such as larger and more complex ships as well as ships powered by liquified natural gas and other alternative fuels, said Mr Lui.

And with Singapore's manpower and land constraints, the new port would have to be more efficient and productive.

Singapore has begun funding research into automating port systems, optimization techniques and technologies under a Port Technology Research and Development Programme launched in April 2011.

"We will be able to deploy some of the outcomes of these projects at Tuas Port," he said.

The future is already part-way here. Pasir Panjang Terminal Phases 3 and 4 will sport automated and efficient port features.

Group CEO of PSA International Tan Chong Meng said an intelligent planning and operation system will manage a fleet of unmanned rail mounted gantry cranes. All cranes at PPT Phases 3 and 4 will run on electricity and are more environmentally-friendly.

"More automation will also mean greater demand for better-trained employees equipped with higher skill sets to manage these advanced operating systems," said Mr Tan.

Fox Chu, Accenture director of ports industry, Asia-Pacific, was positive on PSA Singapore's investment. "PSA Singapore Terminals is among the few terminals in the world with the scale, productivity and management expertise to provide reliable and efficient services to our customers," he said. "To attain its position, PSA has to match, if not surpass, the port investment of other Asia hub ports."

true enough,been hearing this long ago.in fact i am working in the port.

lanlibra

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone knws any contact no for ordering the Gas tongs?i often missed the lorry tat normally would pass by my house.when they horn,i go out and they are already gone.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, as in anything, live within your means and do not spend future money as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought I heard somewhere in the previous phase 17 out of 60 over nusa duta semi d went to sinkies. Even if we had sufficent cash it will be wise to still take a loan to get leveraging. Anyway being sinks we normally get less loan. I think this is good for Malaysian as they do need to help out with local ownership. At least when I was at the ND showroom most of the visitors were locals. May be they are Malaysians working in Singapore. At least a number of my malaysian colleaques are doing that. Most of the Sinks I know are still afraid to live or invest in Malaysia for one reason or the other. Some developmemt may have more but I do not think it is the general case.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is exactly what my ex-classmate said too. He used to be unable to speak Mandarin but somehow after he went to study in USA, he was transformed and can speak Mandarin and even listen to Chinese songs.

Thaz amazing ginfreely. Perhaps its the environment he was in, as in Mandarin speaking housemates or something similar. Me..., sigh.. convent bred n brat n home environment is peranakan Hokkien. Circle of friends were also non Mandarin speaking. Now tongue n brain doesnt seem to coordinate when trying to pick up the language. Also afraid may mispronounce words n they turn out to be something vulgar instead :o

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thaz amazing ginfreely. Perhaps its the environment he was in, as in Mandarin speaking housemates or something similar. Me..., sigh.. convent bred n brat n home environment is peranakan Hokkien. Circle of friends were also non Mandarin speaking. Now tongue n brain doesnt seem to coordinate when trying to pick up the language. Also afraid may mispronounce words n they turn out to be something vulgar instead :o

On the contrary, he was in Denver where hardly any Chinese there at that time. It was in such a setting that one's identity and difference became more pronounced. Oh you are Peranakan, yeah difficult to learn new language when older.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
The resale market is extremely quiet. Semi-Ds in Horizon Hills were going for RM 1.5m. No takers. Reduced to RM 1.4m. No takers. Still downgrade when I checked today and cant believe my eyes. RM 1.35m now for a Semi-d. I called up agent and still, he said no takers.

Those condos @ Horizon Residence ( not yet TOP ) are asking for RM 600k +. Zero sales so far. Bought @ RM 300k plus. I worry for those buyers who bought with almost nil downpayments esp when the interest rate is 4+ %. Some bought up to 5 units at one go and can you imagine when its TOP, the monthly instalment is easily RM 10,000 a month. If the buyers are not biting till then, we can expect force sale and more auctions. Dont be surprised. Last week there is an auction for a corner terrace in Golf HH.

Went on to look @ the condo opp Tesco. Again @ RM 300+ k, no one is buying. And when I called some regular agents to chit-chat, I found that Gateway Terraces and Golf Terraces prices have staganted. Golf terrace is about RM 700K at most when new terraces are launched at almost RM 1m. Thats why the developers have encountered slow and almost zero sales for new launches except for their in-house agents snapping up units hoping to resell at tidy profits. They are panicking. Ujana apartments are asking for above 600 psf. Again, zero sales so far.

The developments with fantastic results where sales are moving must be East Ledang and golf-facing houses in HH and probably those cheaper landed in Nusa Sentral etc.

is it so bad? Saw a semi d at EL asking for 1.58mil. I thought it is agent trying to lure buyers. It could be genuine after all.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Well, as in anything, live within your means and do not spend future money as much as possible.

Hi bro 2bfree, not all who are buying here are from Singapore, some expats from Singapore has been doing that for quite some time actually.
I also heard and assisted in more than a few cases where folks needed at least 90% just to buy a unit and quite a few are not investors buy
really buying for own stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.