• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
yapz,quite disappointed with the performance.
total domination but no goal to show for it.
for a moment,i thought Gerrard has scored his 100th goals for Liverpool.

let hope we can perform better and score a few goals.

terror03

Alfrescian
Loyal
Full time score nil nil draw.
A disappointing draw for the Reds after the past week which they defeated Man Utd & Marseille.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Full Time Liverpool 0 Stoke 0
Very disappointed with Liverpool
They took close to 30 shots and still goaless.
I think each and every player took at least 1 shot
at goal, Reina could have gone MIA between his goal posts
and tried some shots also, if he wanted to.
Amazingly Sorensen did not have much saves
to make. They could have scored a dozen goals if they
are sharp enough.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
totally disappointed.
they can beat Man Utd but cannot beat Stoke City. :mad:
no point talking about winning the league after this type of performance.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
robbie keane didn't do well again......ryan babbel wasn't that good too......seems like liverpool suffers from champions league lag.......

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haizz looks like doubts setting in once again and another precious 2 points lost and a place at the top of the table. Looking at Arsenal's attack during the later game last night I think even diehard old time Reds supporter like me has to concede that Reds still lack the X factor when it comes to attack on a consistent basis. The moment Stevie G and Torres blow cold there appears to be no one else to step up to the plate to create that bit of magic that separates true champions from wannabes. I was hoping Babel would make the difference but even he looked indifferent and sloppy. As for Keane I think he really lacks confidence because he had at least 2 quite good opportunities and failed on both occasions. Bloody Crouch's hoodoo jinx has now been placed on Keane. Back to square one for Rafa:(

PS. That bloody Ref also needs a kick up his arse together with that idiot linesman for disallowing a clearly good goal by Stevie G, although Reds should not have needed to rely on the same against a mediocre team like Stoke at Anfield no less.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
luck do play a part in winning trophies......if the referee has allowed the goal probably it would b enough to secure all 3 pts......after it was disallowed.......liverpool still managed 2 created almost 30 goal scoring chances......alas none of the chances was converted.......back 2 the drawing board 4 rafa......

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You make your own luck.

Just like those who say Liverpool won because of Man Utd two defensive mistakes.

well - Show me a goal and I show you a defensive error.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup I think it evens itself out by the end of the season. Reds just did not have the X Factor last night. I hope this can be sorted out asap.

You make your own luck.

Just like those who say Liverpool won because of Man Utd two defensive mistakes.

well - Show me a goal and I show you a defensive error.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
this seem to be the case for us.
almost everytime after an CL match,we just cannot perform.

The Gunners do not have such problem,they travel to Ukraine and they still can perform very well.

Look like we really have to buck up else can really kiss the title goodbye.

next weekend, Merseyside's Derby against Everton,hope we can recover and give a redemption performance.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
initial was very disappointed and a bit angry.
so many possession and chances but just cannot get a single goal.
then,the match between Chelsea n Man Utd ended in a DRAW also,so not too bad.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
man u & chelsea draw is expected as both of them r top tier teams.....stoke is not & the reds' fans expected a win.......still itz early in the season & liverpool can catch up as long as the boardroom quarrel can b settled......

monster.cookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relatively new supporter of Liverpool. Started only when i started watching football in the 80s...

Seriously, we are sadly nowhere near the standards of play like Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea. When we do win, it is always through individual brilliance of Gerard or Torres. Once they have an off day, we will end up drawing with teams such as Stoke. The team play and strategy is clearly lacking.

In the earlier era of Aldridge, Barnes, Rush, Dalglish, you can find superb passing and finishing. That placed us above all teams.

I just hope they can close the gap this year. Winning the premiership will be like striking Toto.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro monster,
look like we are almost in the same period.
i start a few year earlier,the time when we lost the FA Cup Final to Man Utd.

this coming Tuesday's League Cup against Crewe Alexandra,which team of Reds will turn up ?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Mersyside derby should be a cracker. Toffies came back from a 2 goal deficit against Hull to draw 2-2 last night, so I think it should be an exciting affair, Reds can do it even though it is an away game if all top players fire on all cylinders.

Oh also just read that Reds may buy back Owen in the Jan transfer at a knock down price as he is out of contract at the end of the season with Newcastle, it seems Reds starting to panic over Keane's goal drought and lack of partnership with Torres.

monster.cookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he does come back, it will definitely be a nostalgic return.

But whether he can still perform like the old days is a big question. He seems to lack the killer instinct le...but what the heck la, always good to have a spare striker of owen's quality.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
owen is an out & out striker like torres.....if hez bought back 2 liverpool.....his role is 2 act as cover 4 torres......with the formation that rafa is playing......don't think he will use owen & torres together.......

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some interesting trivia..... what a coincidence that several different fengshui experts from Malaysia, HongKong, Vietnam, Thailand & Singapore have mentioned that the bazhi of Torres clashes with that of Robbie ! No wonder they couldn't gel or complement each other..... Perhaps Benitez should take note of this and play either Torres or Robbie separately in different teams :biggrin:

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope we can step up a gear and beat Everton,this coming weekend.
the game against Stoke was a total disappointment. :mad:
so lucky for us that the other match : Chelsea vs MU also end in a draw.