• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope we can escape with an draw against Aston Villa.
as their players will be really power-up and ready to go with the barry's saga.
it will be consider a good result for us.

come on Reds,we can do it !

coolfire69

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope we can escape with an draw against Aston Villa.
as their players will be really power-up and ready to go with the barry's saga.
it will be consider a good result for us.

come on Reds,we can do it !

Masch will eat Barry alive! :biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tonight's game shall probably give an indication as to whether the Reds can finally launch a real proper challenge for the EPL after 18 long years. Yes it is only game 3, but the Reds have always been slow to start and that appears to have snuffed out any chance of actually being in the final race come Easter. Pressure is on Keane to show us whether he is really worth the 20m pounds tag, or whether Rafa should have tried for say David Villa instead with that sort of $$$. I hope Rafa had look at the Everton v Portsmouth game last night, where Harry Redknapp showed his managerial skills in playing around with systems to suit the game and outhink and outplay David Moyes at the Toffees own home ground. It is fast becoming make or break time for Rafa and the CL draw did not do him any favours. I think out of all 4 EPL clubs the Reds have the toughest draw. Lots of questions are going to be asked of this team between now and Christmas. Good luck to the Reds tonight.

YNWA

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Torres went out injured and without Gerrard to pull the string in midfield,we do not look good at the moment.
it is nil nil at half-time.

Reds - go go go,we can do it

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tonight's game shall probably give an indication as to whether the Reds can finally launch a real proper challenge for the EPL after 18 long years. Yes it is only game 3, but the Reds have always been slow to start and that appears to have snuffed out any chance of actually being in the final race come Easter. Pressure is on Keane to show us whether he is really worth the 20m pounds tag, or whether Rafa should have tried for say David Villa instead with that sort of $$$. I hope Rafa had look at the Everton v Portsmouth game last night, where Harry Redknapp showed his managerial skills in playing around with systems to suit the game and outhink and outplay David Moyes at the Toffees own home ground. It is fast becoming make or break time for Rafa and the CL draw did not do him any favours. I think out of all 4 EPL clubs the Reds have the toughest draw. Lots of questions are going to be asked of this team between now and Christmas. Good luck to the Reds tonight.

YNWA

Maybe this could be Pool's year. When every year people expect them to do something, they falter halfway. So this year since they so fast get written off, maybe they can achieve something from EPL.

Too fast off the blocks is no good, because you might lose steam along the way. No team can last the pace all the way. But for a start, if not leading the pack at least have the top within sight, so that when the final push for season comes, at least still have the strength to get that few extra wins to win.

Having a draw is better than a win. But better not have too much draws too. Look at Arsenal last year, lose little, draw a lot, in the end still lose the top spot, so it is all getting the points when it matters and make sure the team stay injury free. Better to let Torres get injured now than to see him get injured later on when more fixtures pile up.:o

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
not a bad result without Gerrard and Torres.
we will have to win more on the road,if we want to win the title.
13th Sept 08,after the international matches this week against Man Utd at Anfield.

hope we can show our determination for the title in this match. it has been a long time,since we enjoy any good result against them.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was half expecting another late goal, but i guess w/o torres and gerard where the goal was going to come fr

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone think the Brazilian Lucas is massively overrated.
His tackling is poor - hardly won any challenges, play simple passes 90% of the time, his first touch is Kuyt-like, look very lethargic to me which is not good for a CM.

wonder how he won the best player award ( Romario, Kaka all won it ) in Brazil 2 years back.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
without torres & gerrard.....liverpool lack creativity & finishing......& i don't understand why they sign another midfielder riera.....he didn't do well when hez on loan 2 man city.......seems like a wrong choice 2 me......?????

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

I think Carlton Palmer made a good point last night about Rafa. Time and again Rafa fails to play the players in their most suitable positions and therein lies the problem. Instead of bringing on Ngog why didn't Rafa bring on Babel instead to provide the badly needed width? And why did he take off Keane when Keane appeared to finally show some good touches ironically only after Torres came off (apart from the fluff with Reo Coker, where he probably should have scored, think his confidence really needs a boost)? And Yossi is shit. Last 15mins of the game the Reds just kept giving away possesion too easily, if not for Reina, Carragaher and Masch the Reds may well have lost. I only take heart in the fact that Chelski did not look that great last night either, think they really miss Drogba.

Big test at Anfield in a fortnight's time. Hopefully Stevie G and El Nino shall be fit by then. Wasted 2 points last night, as Reds could have been outright at the top now, pyschological advantage. What to do.

YNWA
Having a draw is better than a win. But better not have too much draws too. Look at Arsenal last year, lose little, draw a lot, in the end still lose the top spot, so it is all getting the points when it matters and make sure the team stay injury free. Better to let Torres get injured now than to see him get injured later on when more fixtures pile up.:o

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keane was at his old role and playing very well after Torres was injured and subsituted.

That is why Rafa is the KOR - King Of Rotation.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
a draw is not a bad result.
let hope that our players on international duties for this weekend,can come out in one piece and no one is injured.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
keane plays better as a support striker.....if torres is injured.....itz better for him 2 play along dirk rather than as a lone striker......

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
any decent manager would have brought babel in against villa and play him in the wings.. this way keane can continue in the CF role..

BTW did pool bought a robbie keane clone instead of the real one??:biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know anything about Rafa's latest signing from la liga?

Now not only do the Reds have to worry about the Big 3 they may also have to contend with new arab oil rich Man City. How a club's fortune can turn overnight:eek: