• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Little Sg Boys Easily Touched by PAPee

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Mr Timothy Lin: 'As a young Singaporean, I am touched that Mr Goh Chok Tong made a personal effort to ensure that Mr Jeyaretnam's sons' place in society was not affected.'
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start -->AS A young Singaporean, I am greatly heartened by Wednesday's report, 'JBJ's fight with PAP did not affect his sons: PM Lee, SM Goh'.
<!-- story content : start -->I am touched by the fact that the then prime minister, Mr Goh Chok Tong, made a personal effort to ensure that the late Mr J.B. Jeyaretnam's sons' place in society was not affected. In fact, one of his sons, Mr Philip Jeyaretnam, even became president of the Law Society from 2004 to 2007. <!-- story content : start -->Such an act truly epitomises one of Singapore's fundamental principles of meritocracy. It is also a solid reflection of the personal integrity and enlightened views of our political leaders.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>May I ask Mr. Kenneth and Mr. Philip Jeyaretnam whether did they read our posting? Please tell Singaporean the truth. I am sure I read an artical about you having a talk with the PM, did he ensure both of you in giving you a place in this society regardless of what your Father JBJ are frighting Democracy for our people? Remember many years back your Father JBJ calling LKY and Gov a liar and he was FINED 100K 200K or 300K etc... if I am not wrong. Now if the ST or PM are telling a lie bring them to court.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: jimlkslee at Sat Oct 04 01:46:41 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=AlternatePost style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>What a SHAME of ST to let a little boy Timothy to give praise to the (THEN DAMN) prime minister on ST Forum. About Goh Chok Tong personal effort to ensure that the two sons place in society was not affected.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: jimlkslee at Sat Oct 04 00:22:12 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>I believe LKY his son are crooks. Their crass, spineless court maneuvers against the opposition are despicable. History will not look kindly on then.
Shame.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: jefftrent at Fri Oct 03 23:19:13 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=AlternatePost style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>The whole thing is a very sad affair. JBJ, and any reasonable opposition to the PAP was completely shut out of the political process. The immoral tactics of the PAP refelct poorly on Singapore; but there can be no doubt that the real losers were not the opposition. The real losers in this affair were the citizens of Singapore!

Singapore has a long way to go.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: jefftrent at Fri Oct 03 23:11:11 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>The very fact that Goh had to provide assurance to prospective employers of JBJ's sons is telling: it shows the climate of fear that existed then in SIngapore.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: mushypeas at Fri Oct 03 22:53:41 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mr_tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why revealed the fact that jbj's son actually seek help from gct? This only shows that jbj did not have the support of their whole family.
This is very sad when i read the report.
If jbj's sons are supportive of his father action to fight for the rights of singaporeans, they should have just continue their search for employment like csj instead of seeking help from gct to distance themself from their father's actions.
This is really sad.
Rest in peace JBJ.

GoldenBellShield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Mr. JBJ did the right thing by not involving his children.

Democracy and freedom is not for everyone. The PAP has proven well that it can feed the majority of Singaporeans pretty well with its brand of political system. Nevermind the old folks who have to bend their backs to collect trays at the hawker center, at least 66.6% of us must be doing pretty ok. This is the fact that I accept. My wife has no idea what I am grumbling about everyday, why for many times over the last few days, I shed tears for an indian man who doesn't know me. "I have a house, I have a job, I have money to go on holiday. What are you all fighting for?", these were her exact words.

In a way, my wife is right. And I think this reflects the opinion of a good majority of Singaporeans.

Like I said, democracy and freedom is not for everyone. To each his own. Mr. JBJ fought for himself, his beliefs and for Singaporeans who believed. If you choose to walk the other path, you survive too.