• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Little know Olympic fact, S'pore robbed Canada of Silver medal

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Upz my points and I may entertain your stupidity and lame argument further, but since you losers keep screwing my points, why should I even bother to educate you guys on internet truths and decency? You can't win dude, for I've the upper hand from the first post I posted here, because I stick to facts, not lies and I don't twist my words, unlike some losers here. Ok, I'm out of here, for I may not be able to post if my points get clobbered by you losers, so go get a grip and take my kind advice, you bunch of losers need some serious HEALING...FAST. :biggrin:

U are the dunmb fuck here and still in denial. I doubt if u read my original post and subsequent posts, and if you did, perhaps your mental capacity is very low. SOme facts to mention in the straits times article u quoted:

- Only Joe Chan has expressed his gratitude in this article. Where is SIew? Siew is the more higher profile of the 2, he went on to continue racing with other partners and than into coaching. Like I said, no class.

- Where is the SIngapore Sailing federation, SSC, and the SIngapore Olympic Committee and the Sports Minister in this? Not even a squeak. At the minimal, one or all of these organizations should have send a PUBLIC thank you (not a private letter as in Joe Chan's case) to Lemieux or the Canada Olympic committee to thank them. Its the courteous thing to do. A public thank you from one of these organizations reflects the entire country's gratitude. A thank you letter from Joe Chan only reflects his personal opinion/gratitude. That is why I said there is no gratitude from any of these sports group, and hence my post.

- These 2 idiots gave Lemieux a thank you letter and a souvenir pewter plaque THAT THEY WERE INTENDING TO GIVE AWAY FOR FREE TO OTHER COMPETITORS ANYWAY. Can you be anymore cheaper than that? All they spend out of their pockets was a piece of paper to write the letter and a postage stamp. I know the article said Lemiuex had to hurry away and they did not have time to meet up with him, so they cannot buy him a drink or a meal. But the Singapore Sailing Federation should minimum send him 1 free air ticket to singapore for free holiday and introduce him to the press and honour him as a hero for saving their lives. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE RIGHT THING TO DO. But a fucktard like u cannot comprehend that.

- SIew and Chan were at that time some of the more famous sportmen in singapore. In fact Siew won sportsman of the year award one time. I can guarantee you if Siew and Chan went to their federation and insisted on a public thank you for Lemieux, and for a free holiday for him to come to SIngapore, IT WOULD BE DONE FOR THEM. I mean, this canadian lost a silver medal because of them, and its the minimum they can do. The fact that its not done, shows the level of the cover up, and ingratitude and embarassment that they felt.

The only healing that can be done now is to bring Lemieux here for a free trip and publicly acknowledge what he did 20 years ago. Yes, many sinkies will be surprised they never heard this story, and some assholes like you would even doubt the veracity of the story. But many like myself would be happy that something was done for Lemiuex. SIA can fly him here for free if they wanted to, after all they give $4000 free upgrades for mercenary Feng to fly on Business class back to singapore, after the bitch earned $300K.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Anyway, you bunch of losers are clicking my reputation points down until I may not be able to post anymore, so I rest my case liao.
What a bunch of baloney crap from a bunch of losers, rumor mongers and despicable liars we've here. :rolleyes:

What u mean rumour monger? This is no rumour, the incident actually happened.
WHo is telling the lie here? Again, these 2 fuckers almost drowned and a canadian rescued them. Where is the lie in that?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So it an Angmo and from Toronto.

Here is the best part - you thought the story was false and now you are back pedaling furiously. Your aft is now your stern and your argument is now too wide to ford. A bridge too far? Or should we cross it when we come to it. Anyway you might want to catch the next wave and with a second wind, things might drift your way.

Yeah, the asshole actually thought the story was fake. He lost so much face, he had to go to the ST archive to look for a rebuttal. I wonder how much time he spend there. LOL. All he could find was one short article written by a non ST reporter, interviewing only one of the sailors, and waves that around to say there was gratitude, and acknowledgement shown, and that there was no cover up. Even the Olympic committee found his action so outstanding that they gave him a medal. Yet the country whose citizens he rescued (and by the way will give out medals like candy to porlumpar PAP cronies), cannot come up with anything for him. What a joke.

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, the asshole actually thought the story was fake. He lost so much face, he had to go to the ST archive to look for a rebuttal. I wonder how much time he spend there. LOL. All he could find was one short article written by a non ST reporter, interviewing only one of the sailors, and waves that around to say there was gratitude, and acknowledgement shown, and that there was no cover up. Even the Olympic committee found his action so outstanding that they gave him a medal. Yet the country whose citizens he rescued (and by the way will give out medals like candy to porlumpar PAP cronies), cannot come up with anything for him. What a joke.

Wah! You still so shameless and dare to come back to this thread har, lying bitch. Since when I said the story is fake? What I said is fake is your rumor-mongering and your lie that both of them show ingratitude, which is a blatant lie. Also, you lie that it was hush hush and covered up. How was it covered up if the ST reporter interviewed Lawrence in Toronto and published the article in ST, you dumbfuck. You are either blind or refuse to admit that the 2nd last para of the ST article, it clearly stated both Siew and Chan had shown their appreciation to the Canadian, yet you choose to act blur and continue with your insinuation of ingratitude, which shows you're an asshole, not me.

This will be my last post on this matter, for you bunch of losers have shown how irresponsible and idiotic you assholes can be and the only thing you losers can do is zap my rep when you've been exposed, bitch-slapped and called out for insidious rumor-mongering and internet trolling.

Good bye, for the K.O. punch is the ST article. Just open your cock-eyes and read it and keep reading it until the contents get into your pea-brain. You've no case. Stop spreading bullshit and lies. Go for some serious HEALING...please, for your own good. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the best thread in a long long while. He thought it was fake and wanted to email Siew. Thank god he searched the net and found the article.

But you got to give him credit for bacl pedaling so fast even though it was pointless with his first post nailing him to the mast. Tail firmly tucked under he signs off with last post. Bon voyage.

Ps. Disappointed that no one gave me high fives for the numerous use of nautical terms done shamelessly and without a modicum of standard. Time to bail out befor I sink any further.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>> Disappointed that no one gave me high fives for the numerous use of nautical terms done shamelessly and without a modicum of standard. Time to bail out befor I sink any further<<
ok Scroo - good linkage with the nautical terms, touche.
You guys made your points, my take is that our sailors could've given something more tangible in gratitude other than the perfunctory thanks as lives were saved and a silver medal lost in the process. Davy jones says thanks.....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
>> Disappointed that no one gave me high fives for the numerous use of nautical terms done shamelessly and without a modicum of standard. Time to bail out befor I sink any further<<
You guys made your points, my take is that our sailors could've given something more tangible in gratitude other than the perfunctory thanks as lives were saved and a silver medal lost in the process. Davy jones says thanks.....

Davy jones not happy, got cheated of 2 sinkie lives. But tomorrow if Gay Loong and Whore Jinx go for a swim off east coast parkway, and drown, than he happy, all square.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

anybody begging for high fives online deserves to be kicked in the butt instead. this is the last place unless one truly has no life to prompt forummers to stroke some monstrous ego. it should be voluntarily given, not begged. shameless. typical of a sinkie.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wah! You still so shameless and dare to come back to this thread har, lying bitch. Since when I said the story is fake? What I said is fake is your rumor-mongering and your lie that both of them show ingratitude, which is a blatant lie. Also, you lie that it was hush hush and covered up. How was it covered up if the ST reporter interviewed Lawrence in Toronto and published the article in ST, you dumbfuck. You are either blind or refuse to admit that the 2nd last para of the ST article, it clearly stated both Siew and Chan had shown their appreciation to the Canadian, yet you choose to act blur and continue with your insinuation of ingratitude, which shows you're an asshole, not me.

This will be my last post on this matter, for you bunch of losers have shown how irresponsible and idiotic you assholes can be and the only thing you losers can do is zap my rep when you've been exposed, bitch-slapped and called out for insidious rumor-mongering and internet trolling.

Good bye, for the K.O. punch is the ST article. Just open your cock-eyes and read it and keep reading it until the contents get into your pea-brain. You've no case. Stop spreading bullshit and lies. Go for some serious HEALING...please, for your own good. :biggrin:

Everyone, I just want to show you what a lying cheebye this FIRSTSTATE mother fucker is. Below, I have attached his first comments on my thread in post # 8.

There's only one way to find out and that is email this Shaw [siew] guy and ask him if all this is true or not.

As you can see from his comments, he initally questioned whether even the near drowning incident happened or not at the Seoul Olympics. Now he changed his tune and says "since when I said the story is fake?". Well, when he wanted to email Siew ask him whether true or not, that means he already don't believe the story is real. Truly a dumb fuck. I wish he did not flee from this forum, he should come bakc and let some more bros fuck him in the ass.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is the best thread in a long long while. He thought it was fake and wanted to email Siew. Thank god he searched the net and found the article.

But you got to give him credit for bacl pedaling so fast even though it was pointless with his first post nailing him to the mast. Tail firmly tucked under he signs off with last post. Bon voyage.

Ps. Disappointed that no one gave me high fives for the numerous use of nautical terms done shamelessly and without a modicum of standard. Time to bail out befor I sink any further.

Yes, scroo well done on the nautical terms. He has indeed stow away his gear, as the bros here pulled the seacork on his boat and showed how adrift his logic was. LOL.

Vigilante911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hehe, you're a Texas twister, got to give it to you and that's a compliment, for not many can twist as well as you. LOL.
I learn something here though. When one loses an argument, just act the clown. It's a great smoke-screen.

Well, after 20 long years, at least the whole truth in the news article is re-visited.
I would never have known both sides of the story if not for that news article, Firststate. Thanks.
And to Scroobal, agree it's a great thread definitely.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, credit 1ststate for digging up the st article. at least it shows the other side of the story. kudos to chan for thanking his savior and having the local press mention it. he should make the trip to alberta to make it complete, instead of lawrence hauling himself to sg. as for siew, wtf? i'm sure he's thankful his life is saved, but why so quiet?

Last edited:

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Little know Olympic fact, S'pore robbed Canada of Silver medal.

:eek::eek::eek:

What a fact! Always knew could rely on the internet to out the truth ........:biggrin:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...... as for siew, wtf? i'm sure he's thankful his life is saved, but why so quiet?
He probably felt that there was no need for the canadian to saved him as he was already clinging on to his own boat and didn't see the huge sacrifice made by the canadian. Knew him in my younger days.He was actually quite a nice crazy chap. Extremely good in all sports, a taekwando black belt, boxer.....

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi all, I am UpperFirstState and I take offence at the inconsistency and hypocrisy of FirstState.

Just producing an Old ST grainy article qualifies for 'seeing from both sides'?
Why stop at both, why not three, four, all sides ? Be consistent in your dour logic, dude!

How to rely just on an ST article, why not from other news sources? Surely, even your stubborn doggedness, not because you didnt try but they can't be found becauselittle was written!

Capsized, high seas, choppy water, rescued! Rescuer as a result won Olympic Sportmanship Medal from International President .... Surely newsworthy enough to follow up with the said sailors for human interest and educating sportsman and public on sportmanship.... no? Not newsworthy?

How facile is your logic FirstState! You expect the article to reflect and print : both rescued are not grateful and think the Canandian had nothing better to do and saving them is his mission on earth.... Sheesh!

To me: the crux is a crying lack of Grace in Singapore Society - as personified in the Siew/Chan episode, the lack of courtesy and class/breeding from sports org leaders and finally in this thread here: lack of grace from Righteous Hero FirstState.

He gets so flustered that he start to behave like the kettles he called black here.... His abusive language, insults just show he is fucking no different from all the namecalling he bestowed on those who ticked him off.

His fixation on this word 'inflammatory' -

Asshole, you are the one inflamed, not others

thicken your skin, stay cool and exchange, a topic like this & you already called it 'inflammatory' , cant stand the heat, get putta kitchen but strangely, it was not hot in the firststate, sorry, in the first place.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He probably felt that there was no need for the canadian to saved him as he was already clinging on to his own boat and didn't see the huge sacrifice made by the canadian. Knew him in my younger days.He was actually quite a nice crazy chap. Extremely good in all sports, a taekwando black belt, boxer.....

I think if you are sailing in a 2 man boat like he is, he must know his partner very well and vice versa because they have to work as a team. Under such circumstance, if someone saved his partner's life, its the same as the guy saving his life. According to the reports, Siew was cut and bleeding badly. He must have known the canadian left his event to rescue his partner. Also, there was some comment about the Singapore rescue boat being useless. If the water is too cold, even clinging to the overturned boat is no guarantee of safety. U can suffer hypothermia and slip away.

In any case, the main thing is that there seems to be no public acknowledgement at all by any official sports body on this rescue, and therefore no gratitude shown by orgs. that represent singapore in sports. This is very poor form, no doubt about it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reports stated siew was waving for help and the Canadian shouted to him to confirm if help is needed right?
Siew is shameful and disgraceful....throw away all your medals lah....resign as sailing chief if you got any trace of decency left....PTUI!

Last edited: