• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Listen, listen, listen x 2, let me speak, let me speak x 3

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<object><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/472359609498112"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/472359609498112" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1"></embed></object>

大学洗脑大会——中文字幕8分钟版。赶紧大大力share出去!

看了翻译版到最后,你一定会笑。本地大学沦落到如此地步,是不是在侮辱大学生的智慧?

国阵精心安排洗脑大会,为大学生做好“思想准备”,打压独立思考并阻止学生自由发言,甚至公开奚落大学生,以肮脏的伎俩沾污神圣的高等学府。难怪我国大学近年来竞争力大跌,学生无心向学,培养出来的“日后领袖”大部分都没有批判性思考,只懂得言听计从;而独立思考的大学生,则被排除在体制外。

国阵不除,学生中毒;国阵不倒,人民吃草;国阵倒台,好运就来!

还有,不要忘记listen姐的功劳!

*注*数据纠正:1 billion = 10亿,不是1亿。翻译有误,敬请见谅

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Qcd6GkPM-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

orbin

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck is this? You think everyone can understand malayu? Can you understand malayu yourself in the first place? I also cannot read chinese then how?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What the fuck is this? You think everyone can understand malayu? Can you understand malayu yourself in the first place? I also cannot read chinese then how?

Fishypie aLso dont know what Fuck is this about..:eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.LOL.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think he's trying to imitate his PM speaking, people are not happy, listen, listen so don't compare
want to compare don't stay in Mlaysia, but only animals are happy rats, etc, especially
dogs in Malaysia are happy! his implication is very insulting!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's my take on this thing.

Bawani raised something something very sensitive. Instead of asking a question, she made a speech in a loud n emotional way. Thats out of place n disrespectful of her.
Specifically, she actually poked the Malay priviledge issue towards the end part of her speech, thats why many of the students were against her cos they are mostly malays.

Sharifa was absolutely condescending n out of place. This thing made her looked stupid. She or the moderator could have handled the issue much better.

Thats all.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Fishypie aLso dont know what Fuck is this about..:eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.LOL.

Let me explain what this is all about. Here is the explanation in English what the big problem regarding what happened in December 2012 in Malaysia that has upset a lot of netizens especially the non-Malays.

Listen, listen, listen! Have we gone overboard? — Douglas Tan

January 18, 2013

JAN 18 — In this day and age, there are YouTube sensations which catapult little known individuals to fame. The K-Pop star, Psy, went from a virtual unknown outside Korea into an international sensation, with his music video “Gangnam Style”, garnering 1.2 billion views on YouTube and setting a Guinness world record and spawning masses of parodies including local favourites such as “Oppa KL Style” and “Georgetown Gangnam style”.

On the local scene, 2012 was the year of cows in condos, with Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil being lambasted by political leaders and online media, and most prominently being featured in yet another “Gangnam Style” parody, “Ubah Rocket Style” released by the DAP. In 2013, the word of the month seems to be “Listen”.

Respect?

For those who are unaware or oblivious of the background, a little known leader of an NGO called Suara Wanita 1 Malaysia or SW1M was propelled to fame when a YouTube video of a woman berating a student went viral on social media circles.

Sharifah Zohra Jabeen reached notoriety, which is almost unparalleled in local politics in terms of ridicule and attention, from a video made at Universiti Utara Malaysia entitled “Forum Suara Mahasiswa Part 4” (translated into “Voice of the Students Forum Part 4”). This virtually happened overnight when she cut off second-year law student Bawani KS mid-way through her question by saying “Listen” 10 times and “Let me speak” seven times despite Bawani’s protests.

The crux of Bawani’s question was whether Malaysia would be able to move towards a system where university education could be provided for free. This is reflective of a promise being made by Pakatan Rakyat leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, to abolish PTPTN and provide free tertiary education to Malaysians. What proceeded from Sharifah Zohra’s interruption was ludicrous.

She then thanked Bawani for “having the guts” to ask the question, before turning to ask the students whether she had accorded “respect” to Bawani. At this point in the video, I began to feel sick inside because what she proceeded to do was nothing short of humiliating.

She mocked Bawani’s attitude, said she is less “pendidikan” compared to her, asked her to leave the country if she is unhappy with the government’s policies, and then proceeded to say the now famous “even animals have problems”. If there was anyone who was being disrespectful, it was Sharifah Zohra. Her reply was not only “kurang ajar”, it was a classic red herring.

For many online netizens who vented their frustrations, she epitomised the Barisan Nasional government: arrogant, out of touch, emotionally cold and vindictive. Bawani, on the other hand, achieved hero status by being the underdog, standing up for her beliefs and daring to question the authorities.

Neitzen’s revenge

Although the forum itself took place on December 8 last year, the outpouring of wrath and ridicule only culminated in the past week. The parodies, Photoshopped pictures and even music “re-mixes” have all gone viral, especially on Facebook, with countless “likes” and “shares”. There has also been a Facebook page opened dedicated to asking Sharifah Zohra to apologise to Bawani. Eventually this was highlighted on Yahoo! News and then the mainstream media just a couple of days ago.

The controversy has also given birth to a slew of marketing opportunities. Yes 4G, DiGi and Nandos came out with their own “Listen” campaigns to great effect, catching the wave of emotion crashing against Sharifah Zohra. I admit that I also got caught up in all of this, going so far as to order a “Listen, Listen” T-shirt!

There seems to be no end to the scorn poured on Sharifah Zohra and Barisan Nasional from this sordid episode. What is apparent is that there is a lot of pent-up rage which is being poured out, which is far larger than Sharifah Zohra herself.

There is the anger at the BN for attempting to brainwash university students. There is also the arrogance and oppressiveness of the party which is personified in how Sharifah Zohra attacked Bawani. Subsequent to all of this, there is also the unrepentant recalcitrance by Sharifah Zohra not issuing an apology and with the SW1M Facebook page posting updates defending their president.

It may be an understatement to say that this may be worrying to Datuk Seri Najib Razak and his colleagues with the general election looming.

Gone too far?

However, in the midst of all this emotion, there were two of my friends who kept their heads to ask some very logical questions about the situation. Kelvin Yii posted a very meaningful video blog, providing a logical commentary and asking crucial questions as to the state of affairs transpiring from the event. Another friend, Tai Zee Kin, proceeded to ask a very honest question, as to whether all the persistent mocking, joking and parodies would make us any better than Sharifah Zohra herself? Have we gone too far?

Politics, it appears, finds its basis on emotional hyperbole rather than constructive, rational discussion. Taking a step back, are we being excessively harsh on Sharifah Zohra? Perhaps so, especially where there are individuals in high political positions who had made blatantly racist or arrogant statements in the media in the past. Sharifah Zohra perhaps is a victim of circumstances.

Was what she did acceptable then? No it was not. Shall we feel too sorry for her then? Maybe not. But then again, have we as netizens allowed for emotion to usurp logical and pragmatic discussion? Yes, but I believe that it mostly down to the fact that we are guilty of jumping on the “bash Sharifah Zohra” bandwagon.

An omen for Barisan Nasional

For the past half year I have been on the ground as a political worker, listening to the voices of the grassroots. The grumblings seem to grow louder as the election approaches and the discontent is reaching boiling point. Last week’s Himpunan Kebangkitan Rakyat’s tremendous success did not just add confidence to the opposition parties and pro-opposition NGOs, but it has also galvanised many supporters and fence sitters to firmly believe that a change of government is possible.

Part of this group is an increasingly vocal Netizen community, which continues to aggressively pounce on any kind of anti-BN fodder it can devour. Poor national policies, immigration issues, institutional corruption and incompetence all become secondary issues. Rational discussion goes out the window as raw emotion takes over, and the objective is clear: take down Barisan Nasional at any cost. Sharifah Zohra, despite all her shortfalls, has fallen victim to this sentiment.

I am reminded of a scene in the film “Les Misérables”, when the young revolutionaries whisper the lyrics “do you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry men? It’s the music of a people who will not be slaves again!” Though there will not be a revolution as our country is already a democracy, finally being free after 56 years of a BN government is now the idea of a people’s victory in Malaysia.

With unresolved scandals, the Selangor water issue and additional government handouts going into Chinese New Year, it has been a tumultuous start to 2013 for the BN. Brace yourselves ladies and gentlemen as “Listen-gate” is just the beginning. With the election date edging closer and closer, do not expect the return of reason. I believe that the 13th general election will be the most emotionally-charged election in our nation’s history.

* Douglas Tan is an active DAP grassroots worker.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This reminded me of one of LKY's comments regarding the problems Singapore would have under a Malay-controlled regime. In this respect, I agree with LKY that we are better off than our minority brothers in Malaysia, many of whom even after staying 40 years and more in Malaysia are still without the blue IC.:(

Lee Kuan Yew – Malaysia could have enjoyed Singapore’s multi-racial system if not for the break up

September 14, 2010

Lee Kuan Yew, the founding father of Singapore commented on the racial relations of Malaysia saying that if Singapore and Malaysia did not part ways back in 1965, the latter would have enjoyed the type of nationalism and multi-racism culture that are practiced by Singapore. He was speaking at an interview with the New York Times recently where he mentioned that it was being ‘turfed out’ of Malaysia which formed the first regret of his career that span many decades.

In a transcript of the interview which was not published in the magazine, he said “I think if the Tunku had kept us together, what we did in Singapore, had Malaysia accepted a multiracial base for their society, much of what we’ve achieved in Singapore would be achieved in Malaysia. Now we have a very polarised Malaysia — Malays, Chinese and Indians in separate schools, living separate lives and not really getting on with one another. You read them. That’s bad for us as close neighbours. We made quite sure whatever your race, language or religion, you are an equal citizen and we’ll drum that into the people and I think our Chinese understand and today we have an integrated society. We will not as a majority squeeze the minority because once we’re by ourselves, the Chinese become the majority. Using racial politics was the “easy way”, claiming that if he had used this method in Singapore to gain the majority vote, its society would eventually be destroyed. Because if you play it that way, if you have dissension, if you chose the easy way to Muslim votes and switch to racial politics, this society is finished. The easiest way to get majority vote is — vote for me, we’re Chinese, they’re Indians, they’re Malays. Our society will be ripped apart. If you do not have a cohesive society, you cannot make progress,”

He also said “The regret is there’s such a narrow base to build this enormous edifice so I’ve got to tell the next generation, please do not take for granted what’s been built. If you forget that this is a small island which we are built upon, and reach a 100-storey high tower block and may go up to 150 (storeys) if you are wise. But if you believe that it’s permanent, it will come tumbling down and you will never get a second chance. I believe they (the youth) have come to believe that this (racial harmony) is a natural state of affairs, and they can take liberties with it. I know this is never so. We (Singapore government) have crafted a set of very intricate rules — no housing blocks shall have more than a percentage of so many Chinese, Indians, Malays. All are thoroughly mixed. Your neighbours are Indians, Malays, you go to the same shopping malls, the same schools, same playing fields, you go up and down the same lifts — we cannot allow segregation. We’ve got here, we’ve become cohesive, keep it that way. We’ve not used Chinese as a majority language because it will split the population. If you want to keep your Malay, or your Chinese, or your Tamil, Urdu or whatever, do that as a second language, not equal to your first language. It is up to you, how high a standard you want to achieve,”

“Malaysia took the different line; Malaysians saw it as a Malay country, all others are lodgers, ‘orang tumpangan’, and they the Bumiputeras, sons of the soil, run the show. So the Sultans, the Chief Justice and judges, generals, police commissioner, the whole hierarchy is Malay,”

http://malaysiatoday.com/2010/09/lee-kuan-yew-%E2%80%93-malaysia-could-have-enjoyed-singapore%E2%80%99s-multi-racial-system-if-not-for-the-break-up/

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This reminded me of one of LKY's comments regarding the problems Singapore would have under a Malay-controlled regime. In this respect, I agree with LKY that we are better off than our minority brothers in Malaysia, many of whom even after staying 40 years and more in Malaysia are still without the blue IC.:(

Lee Kuan Yew – Malaysia could have enjoyed Singapore’s multi-racial system if not for the break up

September 14, 2010

Lee Kuan Yew, the founding father of Singapore commented on the racial relations of Malaysia saying that if Singapore and Malaysia did not part ways back in 1965, the latter would have enjoyed the type of nationalism and multi-racism culture that are practiced by Singapore. He was speaking at an interview with the New York Times recently where he mentioned that it was being ‘turfed out’ of Malaysia which formed the first regret of his career that span many decades.

In a transcript of the interview which was not published in the magazine, he said “I think if the Tunku had kept us together, what we did in Singapore, had Malaysia accepted a multiracial base for their society, much of what we’ve achieved in Singapore would be achieved in Malaysia. Now we have a very polarised Malaysia — Malays, Chinese and Indians in separate schools, living separate lives and not really getting on with one another. You read them. That’s bad for us as close neighbours. We made quite sure whatever your race, language or religion, you are an equal citizen and we’ll drum that into the people and I think our Chinese understand and today we have an integrated society. We will not as a majority squeeze the minority because once we’re by ourselves, the Chinese become the majority. Using racial politics was the “easy way”, claiming that if he had used this method in Singapore to gain the majority vote, its society would eventually be destroyed. Because if you play it that way, if you have dissension, if you chose the easy way to Muslim votes and switch to racial politics, this society is finished. The easiest way to get majority vote is — vote for me, we’re Chinese, they’re Indians, they’re Malays. Our society will be ripped apart. If you do not have a cohesive society, you cannot make progress,”

He also said “The regret is there’s such a narrow base to build this enormous edifice so I’ve got to tell the next generation, please do not take for granted what’s been built. If you forget that this is a small island which we are built upon, and reach a 100-storey high tower block and may go up to 150 (storeys) if you are wise. But if you believe that it’s permanent, it will come tumbling down and you will never get a second chance. I believe they (the youth) have come to believe that this (racial harmony) is a natural state of affairs, and they can take liberties with it. I know this is never so. We (Singapore government) have crafted a set of very intricate rules — no housing blocks shall have more than a percentage of so many Chinese, Indians, Malays. All are thoroughly mixed. Your neighbours are Indians, Malays, you go to the same shopping malls, the same schools, same playing fields, you go up and down the same lifts — we cannot allow segregation. We’ve got here, we’ve become cohesive, keep it that way. We’ve not used Chinese as a majority language because it will split the population. If you want to keep your Malay, or your Chinese, or your Tamil, Urdu or whatever, do that as a second language, not equal to your first language. It is up to you, how high a standard you want to achieve,”

“Malaysia took the different line; Malaysians saw it as a Malay country, all others are lodgers, ‘orang tumpangan’, and they the Bumiputeras, sons of the soil, run the show. So the Sultans, the Chief Justice and judges, generals, police commissioner, the whole hierarchy is Malay,”

http://malaysiatoday.com/2010/09/lee-kuan-yew-%E2%80%93-malaysia-could-have-enjoyed-singapore%E2%80%99s-multi-racial-system-if-not-for-the-break-up/

PLs lah, malaysia is more mutli-cultural than sinkieland.

Where can you find an Indian who can cpeak cantonese and Hakka. Only in Malaysia. And Malaysia exhibits the wonderful Asian charm which sinkieland has none.

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
These malaysian don't know what they are getting into I tell you. I have been staying in Malaysia on and off for over 15 years and I can tell you those lazy babiputeras have been living a sheltered life at the expanse of the orang tumpangans. The day the BN fall is the day this ugly giant wakes up from his sweet dream and see how bad the world is and realize how far they are left behind that it will be another Indonesia just b4 the death of their beloved Shoharto.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mudland has its own issues, and I dont think chinkpore government should offer solutions given its own racist policies.

But this m&d chabor knn very rude, I dont know what they are arguing abt cos when char bor start to scream, its time to switch off.
But she should not have interrupted the indian girl and even had the gall to drag away her mike and patronise her.

knn, talk in open forum, dont belittle people, be respectful and be intelligent, no need to be condescending, all this are what I know about m&d culture based on the ltd no of m&ds I know.

But again, this is a mudland issue, chinkpore got no biz to get involved lest we be called hypocrites, so we diam diam and blakang pusing back to our pee sai better ok.

And dont cb post in chinese can? u tink everybody can read chinese?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That maybe true many years ago, 10-20? But its changed a lot now. LKY was a prime example of being able to verse well in Malay and to certain extent Mandarin. Nowadays, ethnic tensions are at an all time high. I find Aussieland the most multi-cultural by the way.

PLs lah, malaysia is more mutli-cultural than sinkieland.

Where can you find an Indian who can cpeak cantonese and Hakka. Only in Malaysia. And Malaysia exhibits the wonderful Asian charm which sinkieland has none.