• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

List down the nicest holiday spots (driveable) in Malaysia

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro....always feel that we should explore Malaysia more often as a holiday spot, one that we can always drive to.

Been driving to JB and KL and Desaru, but am sure that there are much more places to go to.

Kindly list down the places so i can do more research on how to drive there.

Cheers

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS, all you need to log in to msia's tourist promo board:

http://www.tourismmalaysia.gov.my/

Malacca
> 200km, easy 2 hours on NS highway
> popular with sinkies (and outstation visitors)
> Good for day trip or over-nighter

KL
> 330km, 3 hours on NS highway
> onward to Genting (day tripper, 1 hour away)
> more business city weekdays, hotel promos weekends

West coast > Penang, Ipoh, Langkawai, Pangkor (with break in journey)
East coast > Kuantan, Redang (nice beaches) etc

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro....always feel that we should explore Malaysia more often as a holiday spot, one that we can always drive to.

Been driving to JB and KL and Desaru, but am sure that there are much more places to go to.

Cheers

Nice country beckoning,
Caution while you travel,
Robbers abound!
Have fun.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bought a new car but regret it?
drive to malaysia to get it stolen
so to get anew car
pls list which place best to go in malaysia?

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers

Here're some of the places I'm more familiar with.

It's a road trip, a long one in most cases, so be prepared. Cash, credit cards, proper rest and maps. Ensure your vehicle is in good condition and that spares are kept, else you're better off renting from Hertz in JB.

For nature lovers, a getaway from city life, you could consider

1) Genting Higlands, Pahang
2) Bukit Larut, Perak
3) Lake Kenyir, Kuala Terengganu
4) Kota Tinggi, Johor
5) Taman Negara National Park

If you have wife and kids that're too localized and can't live a day outside civilization, you could consider...

1) Genting Highlands, Selangor
2) Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan
<o></o>
For a bit history…

1) Penang
2) Malacca

Last edited:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice country beckoning,
Caution while you travel,
Robbers abound!
Have fun.

It's not that bad lah...

What you have is a bunch of stupid Singaporeans going over and getting into trouble then coming back and crying to the local press.

And when the local press are hard driven for their 4pm deadline, the just spin some stories on the lands up North.

The only issues I had was back in '98 when I drove a 3.0 Accord in and almost every other trip, my immobilizer was activated and the car had to be towed back to Kah Motors for them to deactivate it. But this could be caused by a faulty immobilizer unit.

Other then that, it's been peaceful for the past 15 years for me. Personally, I've always preferred to drive in MY then SG.

Last edited:

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a different lifestyle now. Kiddo just came onboard..thought it will be nice to org a monthly trip with wife to enjoy quality family life....drive up lesiurely and as such, and also to see which are the good and safe places to go to.

Driving in Malaysia generally is safe...of cos must be sengmok la...drive at night along small alleys sure kena wan...Its the same everywhere isnt it, just cos we stay in Sg, we assume eveywhere is Sg, or worse still, we assume everywhere is much worse and dangerous....

How to drive from Sg to Tregganua sia? Seems like a damned long drive

lisaseoexpert

Hello

Malaysia is a land of many cultures, wonders and attractions. Malaysia is perfect for a memorable holiday destination. Some of the beautiful islands are Redang Island, Tioman Island and Pangkor Island. Also there are the mountains of Malaysia are the places where many go to escape the heat of the day. The highlands that are developed for tourism include Cameron Highlands, Genting Highlands, Frasers Hill, and Bukit Tinggi.These are the best places to go in Malaysia....

Thanks