• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lion Dance Troupes this Year of Tiger?

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was wondering if anyone noticed that there doesn't seem to be any lion dance troupes driving along the streets with the big fanfare as per the last few years.

The streets are silent this CNY. Am I missing out on something or is there any particular reason anyone knows why the lion dance troupes aren't "livening up" the streets?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was wondering if anyone noticed that there doesn't seem to be any lion dance troupes driving along the streets with the big fanfare as per the last few years.

The streets are silent this CNY. Am I missing out on something or is there any particular reason anyone knows why the lion dance troupes aren't "livening up" the streets?

Year of the OX, I still hear a few Lion Dance troupes, this year, now the third day....very quiet, none..first day 1, second day 1....

Where have all the Lion Dance Troupe gone...

RWS???????:biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
QUOTE=halsey02;404594]Year of the OX, I still hear a few Lion Dance troupes, this year, now the third day....very quiet, none..first day 1, second day 1....

Where have all the Lion Dance Troupe gone...

RWS???????:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

All got caught and in jail during the Geylang vice sweep .
When not in lion dance troupe . Other times they are loan shark spray painter division and pimp daddy .

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from some unconfirmed sources that these troupes need to apply for permit from the Town Council from which they want to "roam" around in.

That alone seemed to have been enough reason to kill off this "trade", as the ang pows from the residents is insufficient to cover the pay for each troupe member, plus their daily meals allowance.

Anyone can confirm this is true? If yes, then it is quite a sad sight to see. CNY here just don't feels the same without these troupes around to liven up the streets.

merlion_CB

Alfrescian
Loyal

Year of Tiger is bad for Lion & Merlion, no one dare to confront the Tiger 太岁 nor provoke. Otherwise will bring ultra bad luck for entire year.