• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Boon Heng warns freak election has painful outcome

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE: Lim Boon Heng warns about consequences of freak election result
Lim-Boon-Heng1.jpg

SINGAPORE: Minister in Prime Minister's Office, Lim Boon Heng, acknowledged that having three new candidates in the PAP team for Jurong GRC will mean that the residents there need more time to get to know them.

But he added that the new candidates, David Ong, Desmond Lee and Ang Wei Neng, have been working the ground and connecting with the people.

Mr Lim Boon Heng who was speaking to reporters at the official launch of the Loving Heart Cheng Hong Satellite Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic.

The clinic in Jurong East has been operating for the past year serving residents for free or for a nominal fee.

Joining Mr Lim at the launch was Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who is leading the PAP team in Jurong GRC and members of his team. PAP's fifth candidate for the GRC, Halimah Yacob, was not at the event.

The five of them later distributed vouchers to some 100 elderly residents and also served them a vegetarian lunch.

The minister, who was the anchor minister for the PAP team in Jurong GRC, said he is confident in the team led by Mr Tharman.

He said the National Solidarity Party team which is contesting the ward, has not been making weekly visits to the ward.

The five NSP candidates are Mr Christopher Neo, 48; Mr Abdul Rasheed, 69; Mr Elvin Ong, 33, all three businessmen; Mr Ong Hock Siong, 64, company director; and Ms Noraini Yunus, 43, a telemarketer. The five candidates have also pledged to move to various parts of the Jurong GRC and quit their current jobs to become full-time MPs if they get elected.

Mr Lim, who is Chairman of the PAP, warned about the consequences of a freak election result and if that happens, Singaporeans may have to live with a painful outcome. But he is glad almost all seats are being contested in the coming polls.

He said: "I am actually happy that most if not all the seats will be contested, because for too long we have had elections where half of Singapore don't actually need to think about who to vote for. At this time around I think it is good that Singapore citizens sit back, think about who they want to vote for and why they want to vote for that person. It is an important thing to do every now and then because the future of Singapore depends on it.

"I think that as a voter myself, my biggest priority would be who among the candidates being offered for me to choose will be able to give me and my family a better future. I hope this is the question that all Singaporeans will ask themselves."

-CNA/ac

Last edited:

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
How pompous and presumptuous! What is a "freak result"? The power to rule lies in the hands of the people, not the elite few who pretend to decide on our behalf.
So take nothing for granted, that this mandate will be returned year after year as if nothing has happened.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yet another idiot... what have you learned about a democratic society? what is in our National Pledge? :eek::eek::eek:

Not as painful as it will be for you guys losing a few million dollars and access to easy independent directorships. There are far smarter scholars who deserve the posts. Oh, foreign governments and MNCs will sleep with anyone if the deal is sweet enough. That is business.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha this is funny. :biggrin:

Who makes up the army? It's people like you and me. It's the citizens. I honestly think if the army is 'activated' if there's a freak result, no response will be provided.

The only freak result we shall see is if the PAP gets a national average of >66.6% :eek:

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do u expect from these White Parasites whose shameless motivations are enriching themselves and trumpeted by the White Parasites-controlled media to be whiter than white ?
Instead of debating the real issues ,These no-class White Parasites also like to play dirty politics of character assassinations and insinuations to distract the real issues from the voters.
If they think they are very clever and like to play with fire,they will get burnt themelves.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Mr Lim, who is Chairman of the PAP, warned about the consequences of a freak election result and if that happens, Singaporeans may have to live with a painful outcome. ...
wat cud b mor painful wen u have tis shameless burger who kip collecting his multi million $ salary while suppressing peasants wages? ... :mad:

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who makes up the army? It's people like you and me. It's the citizens. I honestly think if the army is 'activated' if there's a freak result, no response will be provided.

The only freak result we shall see is if the PAP gets a national average of >66.6%
:eek:

You are the Tank Commander or Pilot.

You've just received orders to "Roll Over Beethoven".

Some in the crowd amidst chaos could be your relatives. What will you do?
:biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The only freak result we shall see is if the PAP gets a national average of >66.6% :eek:

1. aiyoh! gal
2. so painful that the crying sheep cries again mah.
3. whether it is painful or joyous, it is yet to be seen.
4. after all, it is already "painful" now.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is Lim BOO Heng making a U-turn now? I tot not too long ago, he boohoo and kaopeh PAPee dogs no like to do groupthink? Now his arse on fire and he starts talking 'properly'?!

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed, if the miw wins again, it will go down into the guiness book of records for longest running freak election results in political history.

a parliament that is made up of >90% overpaid ppl wearing same colored shirts, reading different paragraphs from the same oral raeding script. where questions & answers were preconceived & agreed upon, prior to the formality of raising issues in parliament house.

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya the painful outcome is after his retirement he will not be able to find a consultancy job and he has to sell his damn big purple Mercedes Benz

GE: Lim Boon Heng warns about consequences of freak election result
Lim-Boon-Heng1.jpg

SINGAPORE: Minister in Prime Minister's Office, Lim Boon Heng, acknowledged that having three new candidates in the PAP team for Jurong GRC will mean that the residents there need more time to get to know them.

But he added that the new candidates, David Ong, Desmond Lee and Ang Wei Neng, have been working the ground and connecting with the people.

Mr Lim Boon Heng who was speaking to reporters at the official launch of the Loving Heart Cheng Hong Satellite Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic.

The clinic in Jurong East has been operating for the past year serving residents for free or for a nominal fee.

Joining Mr Lim at the launch was Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who is leading the PAP team in Jurong GRC and members of his team. PAP's fifth candidate for the GRC, Halimah Yacob, was not at the event.

The five of them later distributed vouchers to some 100 elderly residents and also served them a vegetarian lunch.

The minister, who was the anchor minister for the PAP team in Jurong GRC, said he is confident in the team led by Mr Tharman.

He said the National Solidarity Party team which is contesting the ward, has not been making weekly visits to the ward.

The five NSP candidates are Mr Christopher Neo, 48; Mr Abdul Rasheed, 69; Mr Elvin Ong, 33, all three businessmen; Mr Ong Hock Siong, 64, company director; and Ms Noraini Yunus, 43, a telemarketer. The five candidates have also pledged to move to various parts of the Jurong GRC and quit their current jobs to become full-time MPs if they get elected.

Mr Lim, who is Chairman of the PAP, warned about the consequences of a freak election result and if that happens, Singaporeans may have to live with a painful outcome. But he is glad almost all seats are being contested in the coming polls.

He said: "I am actually happy that most if not all the seats will be contested, because for too long we have had elections where half of Singapore don't actually need to think about who to vote for. At this time around I think it is good that Singapore citizens sit back, think about who they want to vote for and why they want to vote for that person. It is an important thing to do every now and then because the future of Singapore depends on it.

"I think that as a voter myself, my biggest priority would be who among the candidates being offered for me to choose will be able to give me and my family a better future. I hope this is the question that all Singaporeans will ask themselves."

-CNA/ac

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boon Heng needs to retire... He warns of freak elections but is glad most seats are contested ?!??! :confused:

So is he trying to tell voters to vote opposition to avoid freak elections !!! :eek:

NYK75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah heng is telling his ex-boss to be, he supports the Oppositions to win the GE with Freak results n give his ex-boss a painful one.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP talk big about confident off winning the election. Why now worry about freak election?
Lost Confident????