• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Lift Upgrading Projects

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am wondering. Government says our HDBs are 99-Year lease and has 0 value when it expires. So in essence, we are just tenants who pre-pay our rental by 99 years. then why when Landlord (HDB) wants to upgrade the lifts of their property, we have to pay for it and up to 3k?

Also, based on a typical block of flats, that could amount to 200+k. While I am not sure how much it costs to change 2 lifts, but i am sure it covers quite a fair bit.

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
no choice.....ransom.....don;t agree to upgrade they will pay monkey to service the lift and end up all the old folks either don't get out of the house or the delivery guy don't delivery to the house. The lift t my HDB flat under Tin Pei Ling and her Town Council care, the doors will closed even if there are human standing at the way. Sensor has not been working for more than 18-months....no resident complain they don't repair. Wonder what the Town Council do ? sit in aircon office and wait for complains from resident ? no complain no need to do anything ? at least walk the estate check on lift working conditions, check on if your sub-con cleaning standard, check on how they let the water leak from the jet-spray lah....

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property ownership are under leasehold , whether 99 years or 999 years doesn’t matter

hence , any maintenance of properties including lifts whether upgrading or not , is the onus of such owners

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Safety is also socialized... they usually install a cheap and problematic Tiong brand lift instead of a trusty Fujitec. Town council pockets the spare change, you die your business. :wink:
do you mean (lack of) safety is also socialized? what’s the tiong brand? “yu dai tian ti”?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Property ownership are under leasehold , whether 99 years or 999 years doesn’t matter

hence , any maintenance of properties including lifts whether upgrading or not , is the onus of such owners
i do believe upgrades are under landlord's responsibility, because it eventually belongs to the landlord. Maintenance is paid for through Conservacy. Repairs would be a grey area and typically under leasee. correct?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
i do believe upgrades are under landlord's responsibility, because it eventually belongs to the landlord. Maintenance is paid for through Conservacy. Repairs would be a grey area and typically under leasee. correct?
Landlord responsibility as in the case of you renting a property , Yes ! All maintenance of the property is at landlord's cost but not for leasehold properties whether 99 or 999 , if you hold such a leash hold than its your responsibility

do remember a lot of private properties too are 99 years leashhold

Because ultimately after expiration of the leash the property reverts Back to the state

now , I have not read the HDB agreement of leash and do not know whether after 99 years whether the property reverts Back to the state or HDB , and most importantly the conditions imposed by HDB on those who hold the leashold are similar to rental properties , thus it’s a grey area here

only a court under this circumstances can interpret whether if HDB agreement is rental or otherwise but knowing Sinkies court you can bet the verdict will always be in governments favour