• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Life is going to be harder for Trump

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watching the US elections & although its not yet over, the democrats have taken control of the house. Now that they have the "power" to do investigations, Trump is going to be in a lot of hurt. He'll probably have less time for golf holidays, less time to tweet, less time for watching TV, .....

Will Trump end up serving jail time?

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Democrats have taken back control of the House of Representatives but not won a majority in the Senate as the historic “blue wave” they hoped for failed to materialise at the midterm elections.

The achievement means that the Republicans no longer hold both wings of the US Congress, handing Donald Trump’s political opponents a stronger foothold in Washington from which to oppose his presidency.

The Democrats now have the numbers to veto Mr Trump’s proposed laws in the House and launch a string of damaging investigations into his administration through the committees they will control.

However in the Senate it was a different story, with Republicans unseating a string of Democratic senators up for re-election in states Mr Trump won in 2016. It indicates many of the president's supporters are still with him two years into office.

Jqu5NUm.png

More at https://tinyurI.com/ybwxpcvc

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dotard gone fuck! Lost his own House during Blue hurricane. If he can still keep the House, John Tan will CHOP!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is certainly an excellent outcome for the Republicans. I was fearing far worse.

Trump has already passed all the laws he needs to turn the ship around and can cruise along comfortably without fear of impeachment for the rest of his first term since he is in full control of the senate.

Most importantly he has gained the support of the supreme court when it comes to interpreting the constitution and this stunning achievement will far outlive all his other successes thus far.

He will be forced to rule by executive order but as long as he still gets thing done he can bide his time and I am fully confident he will still come out on top in the end.

Trump is the best! Long live Trump!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The energy of this man is out of this world. He was campaigning on behalf of his whole team. All they had to do was sit back, watch and clap when necessary.

I couldn't agree more because this is a fact. I do marvel at his energy levels, winning mentality and motivation for a man of his age! Good job! The younger Obama has been out-talked and out-foxed by him during the hustings.:biggrin:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watching the US elections & although its not yet over, the democrats have taken control of the house. Now that they have the "power" to do investigations, Trump is going to be in a lot of hurt. He'll probably have less time for golf holidays, less time to tweet, less time for watching TV, .....

Will Trump end up serving jail time?

Trump has actually done alot for the Republican cause by his tireless campaigning. It could have been much worse if the Democrats seize control of the Senate as well.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trump has actually done alot for the Republican cause by his tireless campaigning. It could have been much worse if the Democrats seize control of the Senate as well.

Trump is an example of how total power corrupts. Not only did the republicans hold the 2 house & senate, but they did not reign in Trumps excesses.
I don't know how Trump finds time to do presidential stuff. He is often twitting, playing golf at one of his properties, watching TV, spreading conspiracy theories, ...

With the democrats in charge of the house Trump now faces checks & balances. Once Muellers investigations are complete, I expect Trump & his family to be in trouble.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Trump is an example of how total power corrupts. Not only did the republicans hold the 2 house & senate, but they did not reign in Trumps excesses.
I don't know how Trump finds time to do presidential stuff. He is often twitting, playing golf at one of his properties, watching TV, spreading conspiracy theories, ...

With the democrats in charge of the house Trump now faces checks & balances. Once Muellers investigations are complete, I expect Trump & his family to be in trouble.

What exactly are Trump's "excesses"? Just name me a couple of policies that are "excessive".

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Losing something that you once controlled is considered an excellent outcome ? Did you receive your training at SPH ?

You need to understand American politics and the system under which it operates in order to appreciate just what an achievement it is to retain the senate in a midterm.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need to understand American politics and the system under which it operates in order to appreciate just what an achievement it is to retain the senate in a midterm.
the longer term implication has a lot to do with the supreme court since many major divisive issues are being channeled up to the scotus for review and final judgment as both parties can’t seem to agree on them at the legislative level. with ginsburg getting old and possibly retiring within 2 years, there’s an opportunity for potus to nominate another conservative judge to the bench. and this time it will be easier with a larger majority at the senate. scotus appointments are for life, and having 6 out of 9 justices on the conservative side is an extremely powerful force to have. they can pretty much null any attempts by the liberal side to interpret the laws for their own agenda for decades to cum.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What exactly are Trump's "excesses"? Just name me a couple of policies that are "excessive".

Can think of some:
Taking kids from asylum seekers with the intention of NOT returning them to their parents.
Keeping the children in cages & tent cities.
Using divisive language & scare mongering which pits different groups among US society e.g. encourage the guy who sent out mail bombs.
Taking unilateral action to start trade wars without considering the end goal
Blanket ban on some muslims & not from other muslim countries.
Non-white Americans returning to the US are treated as illegals & must show proof of their status.

Last edited:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can think of some:
Taking kids from asylum seekers with the intention of NOT returning them to their parents.
Keeping the children in cages & tent cities.
Using divisive language & scare mongering which pits different groups among US society e.g. encourage the guy who sent out mail bombs.
Taking unilateral action to start trade wars without considering the end goal
Blanket ban on some muslims & not from other muslim countries.
Non-white Americans returning to the US are treated as illegals & must show proof of their status.

you left out 1 of his hobbies..... 'calling chickens'.. :biggrin: