• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat life in oz vs s’pore

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some thoughts on life in oz and s’pore, and how do I perceive; oz is my good friend and s’pore is my blood bro.
Economy wise, oz needs more people and investments, at least this is how I see it, opening new inner region in oz is very good way of establishing and growing a new population.
Generally, majority locals are nice and well mannered but of course there are also not so nice pple, not many!
Recently, saw on tv about sham contractors ( https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affair/2018/clip-cjofhhbhb002f0hr5gw1xdmws ) and this is what I have to say, I feel that in order to encourage more startups which in turn create more jobs, this will be the way it is especially small biz.
By enforcing better welfare for workers, meaning higher costs for businesses. I’d rather be a worker and not a boss. Of course, from a worker point of view, this will be good for them. The reason why many foreigners want to come to oz is that they know money can be made easily, she’s family oriented and education is traditional in a good way. It’s good to keep it this way. I think encouraging inflow of quality migrants will be good for oz. mining boom is over, your dairy products and other natural produce are next in line, in demand. Good welfare for people in oz means new venue of getting funds. Looking at the yield on interest for the past ten years doesn’t look good. Opening your country to more people and foreign investments, in a way to sustain your exchange rate. Adding on, melbourne is a good place for recuperation, clear blue sky, chill winter and less stressful. I remember a conversation with a local, he thinks that others thought the locals are not so bright, it’s not, the locals are less aggressive and competitive, easy going. not so sure about Sydney, I always imagine life in the financial centre of oz is more hectic and comparable to life in s’pore. One thing notable about oz is the customer service at government agencies, always most helpful.
Life in s’pore is very hectic, not much welfare in working life. People are engineered to strive from young, no free medical. Taxes are low but there are other hidden costs, private life insurance, expensive commute in the form of private family vehicle and expensive housing, rising costs of daily necessities cos we are dependent on import. Even taking public transport like the mrt is a setback for the working day, not the many breakdowns but the standing journey in a too packed train. People behavioral traits are more complex, interpersonal can be challenging, adding on to stressful life in an already stressful city.
All in all summary: I only spent three years in melbourne, my observation may not be factual enough. There is no perfect place, it takes time to cultivate the sparing a thought for one another in a racially and culturally diversified country. Lowering expectations in a job or your bosses may help in getting the locals to find and stay on to a job.

Climax69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ozland definitely more better than sinkieland...from food, people and even living standards. Aussie currency more widely accepted by money changers worldwide than the sg dollar which countries like turkey would not accept.

Ozland got resources like gold and wine which itself can grow its economy. Even ah tiongs who can speak English would choose ozland over sg anytime.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main consideration when anyone emigrates to any country is that they must be very prepared to a totally different lifestyle.

Take all in...the good & the bad.

Do not expect the same routine & lifestyle as what you get in Singapore in another country...or else just stay put.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
But gun ownership by ordinary citizens makes it a no brainer.
They need the gun for farming mostly. You can own guns in malaysia too if you are a orchard owner or pkantation. To shoot pests and wild animsls that destroy your crops.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They need the gun for farming mostly. You can own guns in malaysia too if you are a orchard owner or pkantation. To shoot pests and wild animsls that destroy your crops.

For those legit reasons it's acceptable to own firearms but how come that moron from OZ can lay his hands on so many semi-automatic weapons. It must take 49 deaths before NZ promises to review their gun laws.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
For those legit reasons it's acceptable to own firearms but how come that moron from OZ can lay his hands on so many semi-automatic weapons. It must take 49 deaths before NZ promises to review their gun laws.

Reviewing gun laws will do absolutely nothing because the people who commit mass shootings aren't law abiding citizens in the first place.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Kiwistan, pests are mozzies
Build mosques there but are Buddhist allowvto build temple in Iraq, Saydi, Afgan...etc?
Why not?
Why mozzies destroyed giant statues of Buddha the ENLIGHTENED ONE? Y Y Y?