• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Licensed Moneylenders Or Loan Sharks ( Ah Long ) - Which One Better ?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Licensed Moneylenders Or Loan Sharks ( Ah Long ) - Which One Better

Why always bring out Ah long issue. I have no problem with Ah Long. Because I dont take loan from them. Blame the those take loan.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why always bring out Ah long issue. I have no problem with Ah Long. Because I dont take loan from them. Blame the those take loan.

i was told that there are good Ah Longs.

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal

NABEZ, cancel your internet or smartphone subscription first lah.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can always sleep with certain prominent people to give a headstart for your kids. Forrest Gump's mother did that.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i am new here need advice .

i work as a coffeshp asst . and draw a monthly pay of about $1.5k inculding OT.

my two primary school kids just started schools

i am down to my lasy $60 and i dont know how ...

after reading mr Kuo How Nam's massage below i now decided ah long is a safer bet..

http://www.straitstimes.com/archive.../story/be-fair-borrowers-and-lenders-20140121

seriously..................ah long is better................just report police and you no need to pay.............

this is not Hong Kong......no triads here..............so ah long here no dare chop you one.............

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you are smelly leg then borrow ah long better.... Borrow already straight report police.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

seriously..................ah long is better................just report police and you no need to pay.............

this is not Hong Kong......no triads here..............so ah long here no dare chop you one.............

No chop chop, but maybe pour paint, set fire and throw acid. :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

after reading mr Kuo How Nam's massage below i now decided ah long is a safer bet..

http://www.straitstimes.com/archive.../story/be-fair-borrowers-and-lenders-20140121
Why u never go see your mp?

andrewteo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Coffee ah soh, what is your husband doing? How come cannot help contribute to family?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Lampar is ParLam; whether with Whom you're Borrowing from, the end resuLts' is sTiLL the same..:cool:

UrBaby

Alfrescian
Loyal

See mp, apply $500 credit card, cancel unwanted subscriptions, use free stuff like wireless@sg.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who you voted for ?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

TS sounds like an Ah Long promoting business here...hahahaha :biggrin:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

on the contray No supporting Ah Long but want to say Govt Support of allowing Licence MoneyLenders have Backfired on

the poor and vulnerables

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

verry goood feedback by Kuo How Nam to Law Minister .

short of saying the low income and the credit declined citizen are now screwwsd legally daily by LML .

another Screwd up Poicy of allow LML and citiaen screwd daily legally by lml.

Only Unique in Singapoe

thank you Mr Kuo for speaking up for the oppressed

Be fair to borrowers and lenders

MONEYLENDERS are proliferating in many HDB neighbourhood town centres -

testimony to the existence of many low-income people who lack financial means and adequate savings to tackle emergencies and unexpected shortfalls

("Lending cap 'could drive borrowers to loan sharks'"; last Thursday).

A distinction must be made between borrowers who can repay the loans and those who have no capacity to do so.

The latter often have unsustainable lifestyles and take on debts that can only escalate; they need to be prevented from harming themselves.

Moneylender loans are usually small and repayable over a couple of months, with weekly instalments.

The main profits for moneylenders come from penalty and overdue charges as well as administration and collection visit fees. For example, moneylenders can make several daily collection visits at $50 or more per trip.

It is not surprising that many moneylender loans are designed to fail as borrowers receive their salaries only monthly.

Defaulting borrowers are then subject to hefty charges and often directed to other moneylenders. As a result, they end up with more debts.

We must cap the total amount of loans that can be obtained from moneylenders to prevent over-borrowing and exploitation of this vulnerable group.

This requires a database to monitor total debts. We could make use of the existing credit bureau infrastructure or have the Government set up such a facility.

We should also limit the charges that can be levied on defaulters. We recognise this is a high-risk group. Borrowers may take advantage of the inability of moneylenders to take legal action to recover small loans, and will respond only to pressure and fear of punitive charges.

However, we should strive for a balanced situation that is fair to both borrowers and lenders.

Lastly, there is a pressing need to regulate the activities of debt collectors. Creditors have increasingly outsourced collection efforts to external agencies, and it is largely an unregulated industry.

There are stories of debt collectors harassing and intimidating borrowers at unreasonable hours during the day and night. People have lost their jobs as a result.

Legislation may be the answer to put a stop to such unscrupulous activities.

Kuo How Nam

President

Credit Counselling Singapore

PaulStanley

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

To get 'Roberts' to open bank accounts for Ah Longs and those into illegal businesses, one needs to mix with bad company. Don't ask me as i am unwilling to help... especially in internet forums full of anonymous online monikers with their fake online personas. :eek:

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lampar is ParLam; whether with Whom you're Borrowing from, the end resuLts' is sTiLL the same..:cool:

my friend said that with the LML legal .

Ah Long and LML are sharing clients data base big time.

In fact Ah Long customer service has improved .

no more throw paint because can track clients movements using LML data network.

Ah Long has has copied LML clients data fully alredy. no need throw paits.

my friend said ah long terms are better and more confidential

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

To get 'Roberts' to open bank accounts for Ah Longs and those into illegal businesses, one needs to mix with bad company. Don't ask me as i am unwilling to help... especially in internet forums full of anonymous online monikers with their fake online personas. :biggrin:

just to show Law Minsitry is Sleeping lah and the poor with no acess to cheap credit are Screwd legally la

can you C or Not ?