• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liat Towers gives up, orders hundreds of sand bags

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a bad idea actually, see photo
_44211096_sandbags_afp_416.jpg

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol

Liat Towers has enough of Yakult's helplessness

Well It's a good move. I hope everyone follow suit and stop blaming the weather for everything.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lol

Liat Towers has enough of Yakult's helplessness

Well It's a good move. I hope everyone follow suit and stop blaming the weather for everything.

Cost of sand will go up again, for there will be shortage...business will buy sand by the lorry load....:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a bad idea actually, see photo
_44211096_sandbags_afp_416.jpg

They have thousands of sand bag stack at least 3 layer height. But the Liat Tower have only 120 small sand bag arrange in only one layer water can slip thru easily.
The management try to fool the tenant.:biggrin:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cost of sand will go up again, for there will be shortage...business will buy sand by the lorry load....:rolleyes:

The umbrella sellers that you see during rainy days will switch to selling sand bags, goggles, swim suit and maybe even scuba diving oxygen tank.......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The umbrella sellers that you see during rainy days will switch to selling sand bags, goggles, swim suit and maybe even scuba diving oxygen tank.......

what is the use of sand bags withou sand?? they will sell yellow coloured mackintoshes, yelllow coloured rubber books, emergency bikinis ( itsy bitsy, yeloow polka dots), swimming trunks ( extra small & tight), diving suit & oxygen tanks, together with a PADI certified diver to teach you & issue you the PADI certficate..plus inflatable rubber dinghy, paddle extras...emergency flares & ship horns...:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The should do what the Venicians are doing.

Set up ramps, 4 to 5 ft above ground, in the low lying areas of Orchard Rd. So whenever it floods people can walk on the ramps.

Shoe stores should start carrying welingtons :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The should do what the Venicians are doing.

Set up ramps, 4 to 5 ft above ground, in the low lying areas of Orchard Rd. So whenever it floods people can walk on the ramps.

Shoe stores should start carrying welingtons :biggrin:

Wellingtons not welingtons....these must be copy, made in the People's Republic Of China?...like Croocs!:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
In China, we see PLA soldiers lining up to lay sandbags.

In Singapore, we see salesgirls lining up to lay sandbags at Liat Towers.
I don't know why we are complaining if the salesgirls are wearing skirts and thongs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know why we are complaining if the salesgirls are wearing skirts and thongs.

I wont!, if they are wearing itsy, bitsy, yelllow polka dot mini bikinis, I not only help fill the sand bag with sssssssandsssss, I fill them girls, with ssssssss..ssssssss!!:biggrin: