• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liao liao lah...deep depression now!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
US auto bailout collapses in Senate
Posted: 12 December 2008 1200 hrs

WASHINGTON: Senate lawmakers failed to agree Thursday on a bailout deal for teetering US automakers, a move that Democrats warned would put millions of jobs in jeopardy.

Talks on the US$14-billion package, backed by Democrats and the White House, broke down after Senate Republicans stood fast to their demand that US wages be brought swiftly in line with those paid by foreign automakers.

"I dread looking at Wall Street tomorrow. It's not going to be a pleasant sight," Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said, after Wall Street stocks took a dive anticipating the news.

Sounding alarm over the potential for fresh job cuts, Senate Democrats prepared to press the White House to free up funds from the US$700-billion Wall Street bailout package for the car companies.

"Millions of Americans, not only the auto workers but people who sell cars, car dealerships, people who work on cars are going to be directly impacted and affected," Reid said.

“I would hope that the president who has worked so well with us the past few weeks on this legislation would now consider using the TARP money to help the auto industry and the workers of this country." ......

....................................................................................................

as predicted....this is going to trigger deep deep depression...so be prepared for the tsunami sweeping across the globe...go and have your teh terik!!!NOW!!!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes the great depression 2 is coming

instead of complain die die lah

what about some tips on what to do??

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes the great depression 2 is coming
instead of complain die die lah

what about some tips on what to do??

Start to think ideas how to cheat other ppl money.
They die is their business..but your survival is the most important.

:biggrin: :o :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
try to grow stuff in pigeon hole, i want to see you try

i better get a nigerian sifu. they are bestest conner in the whole world.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
try to grow stuff in pigeon hole, i want to see you try

i better get a nigerian sifu. they are bestest conner in the whole world.

not inside the pigeon holes, we do not get enough sunlight, use the common corridors, better if you're staying at higher levels. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think the easiest vegs to grow are kangkong,bitter gourd and long beans...my neighbours already got alot of them growing along the corridors...and you also grow some chillis, some onions and ginger...all very easy to grow in pots...and that can last you a couple of months even if you're bankrupt...good luck.

those in landed properties, maybe rear some chickens and grow tapioca and other vegs like chaysim and fruits like papayas....i think our garment should encourage singaporeans to grow their own food in open spaces...that'll be very encouraging and a morale booster too....good luck once again as we brace ourselves for the tsunamis coming soon....

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US auto bailout collapses in Senate

Well done Senate! If they bailout the US auto, the depression will be even deeper. The US auto industry should fail. Bailing out useless US auto companies which keep making cars that nobody wants, selling their cars more expensive than it's competition because workers want to keep their high salaries and perks, doesn't help. These companies are like beggars who refuse change their exorbitant lifestyle.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
americans have dugged their own graves...but they will do something to change all these...they're the most powerful country militarily...so the only way is to wage wars or create wars....and then the whole cycle starts again....cheers! merry christmas!!!

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
americans have dugged their own graves...but they will do something to change all these...they're the most powerful country militarily...so the only way is to wage wars or create wars....and then the whole cycle starts again....cheers! merry christmas!!!

That is why all these talks about Iran's nuclear "secret plant", Pakistan's fanatic Muslims, and North Korea's nuclear missiles from the US policy makers. I won't be surprise to see USA invent another reason to go to war just like they've invented "Iraq's WMD".

Hope that by that time, our govt will be smart enough not to be duped by these conman like they did with the Iraq's WMD.

peter ng

Alfrescian
Loyal
No hard times where got good times,this principle alway circulated around us,
just because we liked to evade this actuality.poor economy is not really bad
for us,don't only just look for the side show to us,if we know how to prepare
for raining day,this is a good chances to carry out your dream.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it's very dangerous for a militarily strong and mighty country like USA to go bankrupt- very very dangerous. you better help us or i'll finish all of you in no time...scary scenario...singapore is just another victim of " the big lie "...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
USA own china, dubai, saudi, singapore and japan a lot of money right.

they can devalue their currency

they can stop payment

what can these country can do???

USA have enough nukes to vaporise them and turn them to stone age.

no one can do anything if they dun want to pay. LL.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very soon US Auto workers Union will agree to pay cut when their company have not money/cash payout for their salary. Better to have pay cut rather than no salary if the company bankrupt all benefit and even salary gone.