• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LI JIAWET retires and..........

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope Singapore Sports Assoc can seriously improve the standard of local Cricket. I see lots of people playing cricket weekin/weekout in the fields but didn't generate more interest in the sport. Time for Singapore to recruit young talent or retired players, like Sachin Tendulkar.

127035.2.jpg

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope Singapore Sports Assoc can seriously improve the standard of local Cricket. I see lots of people playing cricket weekin/weekout in the fields but didn't generate more interest in the sport. Time for Singapore to recruit young talent or retired players, like Sachin Tendulkar.

most sinkies don't understand the game let alone sit around for hours to wait for the game to finish.....

bullseye

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 8564

This game is played mainly by the Indians, West Indians and whites. Their base here is relatively small so the sport is not very popular and unlikely to be so. Some schools participate in this game but not many and it is not a core sport so it is not supported in any way.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it is appropriate that she retires after so many years of watching the ping pong balls.

If she continues, her eyes may pop out. If you look carefully, her eyes like goldfish already.:o

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Among the lot, she has the most potential to be a glam-femme sport star.

Perhaps now without Jiawei 'in the way', opportunities may open up for her to realise her potential. But I suppose she herself must do her utmost to make it a reality eventually.
She has a more rounded game than the rest but somehow not given the same exposure than the others.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, she's no different from the many other PRCs and other FTs working here.
She had made enough money for a luxurious lifetime for her and family so its time to pack and go HOME!
To them, Singapore is just only an employer and when its time to go, they'll just quit the job and leave like anyone else!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what? She delivered the goods, she got paid. She can no longer deliver the goods, better leave rather than outstay her welcome.

She had made enough money for a luxurious lifetime for her and family so its time to pack and go HOME!
To them, Singapore is just only an employer and when its time to go, they'll just quit the job and leave like anyone else!

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
I hope Singapore Sports Assoc can seriously improve the standard of local Cricket. I see lots of people playing cricket weekin/weekout in the fields but didn't generate more interest in the sport. Time for Singapore to recruit young talent or retired players, like Sachin Tendulkar

Improve for what. Its not an olympic sport, and 9.9 out of 10 here catch no ball. Who the F is Sachin Tendulkar. Name also damn hard to spell.

Are you a FT? Its not Singapore Sports Assoc but SSC... or try SNOC if its an Olympic sport

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
She earn enough already convert S$ in into RMB she'll be rich!!
Good bye Shittypore!!

No matter how much you feed me I still remember my home town China!

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is nothing wrong in going back to China and I do not want them to stay anyway.

The money we spent on them could have been better use to support the very poor and unfortunate Singaporeans.

Maybe Lee Bee Wah should also belek kampong.
So what if we won medals - the world knows that we are China's "B" Team.
:biggrin:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st Class = Emeritus Foreign Thrashes (BabaEro11) <NOBR></NOBR>
Dec-27 9:58 pm
To:
ALL <NOBR></NOBR>
(1 of 3)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Foreign Thrashes Milked Sinkies, now going Home !
http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fi...lia-jiawei-sun-beibei-call-day-143500743.html
Singapore paddlers Lia Jiawei, Sun Beibei call it a day

<CITE class="byline vcard">By jeffoon | Fit To Post Sports – <ABBR title=2012-12-27T14:35:00Z>15 hours ago</ABBR></CITE>

LiaJiaweigoinghometochina.jpg

Li Jiawei, 31, has called time on her 13-year Singapore career. (AFP file photo)
Singapore table-tennis stars Li Jiawei and Sun Beibei have called it a day, reported local media on Thursday.
"I am very grateful to the STTA and to Singapore for the opportunities they have given me and I hope to contribute back to the country in whatever I do in the future," a tearful Li, 31, said at a media briefing at the Singapore Table Tennis Association at Toa Payoh.
Beijing-born Li became a Singapore citizen at the age of 18 years under the Foreign Sports Talent Scheme and was once ranked as high as world number three.
A veteran of four Olympic games and an Olympic silver (2008) and bronze medallist (2012) in the women's team event, she took a break from the game to give birth to a baby boy with her Beijing-based Chinese businessman husband Li Chao in 2009.
She resumed training in 2010 and together with Feng Tianwei and Wang Yuegu, helping Singapore to a women's team bronze at the London Games earlier this year.
Despite a glittering career which saw her win both the World and Commonwealth Championships as well as countless SEA Games medals, Li has been the subject of fierce debate in the country.
One of Singapore's first so-called, and perhaps most successful "foreign import", speculation will now centre on which country she decides to call home. [UPDATE: The Straits Times reports that she will return to Beijing with her family. STTA says she will be based in China but "will arrange for her to do something for Singapore".]
Wang, 32, also called time on her Singapore career in August.
The lesser-known Sun, 28, also called time on her career on Thursday. The Straits Times reports the Shandong native, who also won the World Championship (team event) in 2010, will stay on as a youth coach with the Singapore Sports School.

Edited 12/28/2012 1:00 am by 1st Class = Emeritus Foreign Thrashes (BabaEro11)

Last edited: