• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL: Look! The PA is like the MOE, ok?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on the civil service. This is one guy I am struggling to figure out. When he corrected the press in 2006 which the father would not do and other things as well. I am not sure if he is naive or more cunning than dad.
civil service appears to be politicised...PA is just an extension...must say lhl's comments quite shocking...think he has turned a fiasco into a disaster...this PA issue shall not go away n rightly so i sld add...

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
. Some of us forgot that it was teachers that were front and centre for the PAP as it is for UMNO. Remember Lawrence SIA. Remember Teachers' estate - well looked after. .
hahaha.....i had previously stayed in teacher's estate for more than 10years (1997 to 2007).....i am scratching my head on what is meant by "well looked after".
If you had visited the STU club house in tagore ave, u will know it is one of the worst (facilities) and run down (maintenance) club house you can can find......
when will all this BS ends??????

Last edited:

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been following the discussion on the PA and appointments of advisors to the CCCs, RCs, ABCs etc etc. One of the most funniest one liner from the PA, (when explaining their action of leasing out public areas to the CCCs instead of the Aljunied/Hougang Town Council) was that "no political activity" is conducted during any of these RC activities.
Really??? Its like Bill Clinton saying he didnt have sex with Monica Lewinsky as the semen went in another orifice....

Anyway, there's another, more important issue in all this. I understand that the Govt, through the PA, allocates funds, i.e. tax payer's money, to the CCCs for "improvements and upgrading works in the constituency. This is on top of the Town Council's funds, which are derived from conservency charges and government grants. All this sounds great, except that these funds are given to the advisors to the CCCs/RCs and they decide how this funds are used. In PAP constituencies, this arrangement works well because the Advisor is the MP who is also the Chairman of the Town Council and it is all seemless. In opposition wards, the legally elected MP do not have access to this as he is NOT the advisor to the CCCs and this means that the PAP advisor, normally the PAP candidate for the ward, has government funds which he can use to make the "ground sweeter" The PAP candidate can offer amenities, using these funds as an "if you vote for me, I will give you this" promise. All this is done using the same explaination that the PA and the PM is using now....to sell the Govt's policies.

I'm from Potong Pasir Constituency. I know that Mr Chiam had applied to have access to these funds during his time as the MP but was unsuccessful. (and I believe Mr Low in Hougang too). Frankly, all this is unfair but the people of PP and Hougang have accepted this for many years. But, please do not insult our intelligence by saying that its not politics. Monica did swallow it and let us do the same thing with the facts......

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been following the discussion on the PA and appointments of advisors to the CCCs, RCs, ABCs etc etc. One of the most funniest one liner from the PA, (when explaining their action of leasing out public areas to the CCCs instead of the Aljunied/Hougang Town Council) was that "no political activity" is conducted during any of these RC activities.
Really??? Its like Bill Clinton saying he didnt have sex with Monica Lewinsky as the semen went in another orifice....

Anyway, there's another, more important issue in all this. I understand that the Govt, through the PA, allocates funds, i.e. tax payer's money, to the CCCs for "improvements and upgrading works in the constituency. This is on top of the Town Council's funds, which are derived from conservency charges and government grants. All this sounds great, except that these funds are given to the advisors to the CCCs/RCs and they decide how this funds are used. In PAP constituencies, this arrangement works well because the Advisor is the MP who is also the Chairman of the Town Council and it is all seemless. In opposition wards, the legally elected MP do not have access to this as he is NOT the advisor to the CCCs and this means that the PAP advisor, normally the PAP candidate for the ward, has government funds which he can use to make the "ground sweeter" The PAP candidate can offer amenities, using these funds as an "if you vote for me, I will give you this" promise. All this is done using the same explaination that the PA and the PM is using now....to sell the Govt's policies.

I'm from Potong Pasir Constituency. I know that Mr Chiam had applied to have access to these funds during his time as the MP but was unsuccessful. (and I believe Mr Low in Hougang too). Frankly, all this is unfair but the people of PP and Hougang have accepted this for many years. But, please do not insult our intelligence by saying that its not politics. Monica did swallow it and let us do the same thing with the facts......

I don't think anyone would care a hoot even if the activities are political and in aid of the ruling party of the day as long as it is not funded by tax payers...it is this gross "unfairness " which irks us...how can the PAP be so blind as not to realise this and keep on defending the PA?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suspect abit of both...for instance look at the way he appears to be using his albino son nowadays...also trying to show the softer side of ho ching as well...but however much he tries he still appears to lack the gut political instincts of harry...guess such instincts can neither be inherited nor taught...

Agree on the civil service. This is one guy I am struggling to figure out. When he corrected the press in 2006 which the father would not do and other things as well. I am not sure if he is naive or more cunning than dad.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope this nugget finds its way on the desks of all top papies n senior civil servants starting wif PMO n PA...

gold dust roy...wif tks!!

yup pork barrel politics...plain n simple...

Frankly, all this is unfair but the people of PP and Hougang have accepted this for many years. But, please do not insult our intelligence by saying that its not politics. Monica did swallow it and let us do the same thing with the facts......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha.....i had previously stayed in teacher's estate for more than 10years (1997 to 2007).....i am scratching my head on what is meant by "well looked after".
If you had visited the STU club house in tagore ave, u will know it is one of the worst (facilities) and run down (maintenance) club house you can can find......
when will all this BS ends??????

Memories, Munshi Abdullah, Tagore,Omar Kayyam, Iqbal & Tu Fu, have not been around those parts for ages ( years), is the S.T.U., ( Singapore Teachers' Union) responsible for the club house? or the resident's commitee??

Anyone remember the Omar Khayyam Resturant along Hill Street?...Teacher's Housing Estate..a memory!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. me ain't no buying such crap man.
3. just take a look at its bod.
4. all in one familee.
5. tua neh tan, so how huh?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Memories, Munshi Abdullah, Tagore,Omar Kayyam, Iqbal & Tu Fu, have not been around those parts for ages ( years), is the S.T.U., ( Singapore Teachers' Union) responsible for the club house? or the resident's commitee??
hahaha....memories......it is the STU club house ; not run by resident committee.