• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[LGBT]: Is Google an evil company?

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Google an evil company?
bobo85 (12July2012) said:

No need to be so hostile to homos, they can do as they wish, just that if they get HIV for instance, no reason for the state to pay for $$$ treatment for instance [caveat: sex education in school must be of good standard], and shouldn't suggest same sex marriage.

The way I see same sex marriage is like getting car license: U MUST first pass the eyesight/ color sight test- without which U cannot qualify no matter how well you pass basic theory/ the driving test (U shouldn't be allowed to take practical test in the first place). There is also the age criteria (18yrs IIRC) and if U pass on an Auto car, U are NOT licensed to drive a manual. (there are many restrictions on licenses and there are certain factors (age, eyesight) which can disqualify one automatically).

So is the same w LGBTs- nobody is stopping them from cohabiting just that in the area of child rearing, society remains of the opinion that a child shall grow up ideally with 2 parents, both of opposite sex (single parents often get child support from their ex-spouses/ child visitation rights as well).

Guess LGBT just do not qualify under the legal concept of marriage since such will have immense implications and cost burden to society regarding the concept of national service, jail houses (house feminine gays in female quarters/ male quarters?- how to decide, who decides?), rights to 'subsidised' HDB flats/ child adoption, divorce costs/ proceedings etc etc.

Can the law keep up with LGBTs change in sexual preferences and is marriage just a free pass to social benefit? Can a LGBT, having 'married' adopted a child now abandon him citing a change in personal sexual orientation?

Guess Google in standing up for gay rights is overdoing it by suggesting gay marriage even if their original intention were just to raise the profile of gays in society, asking to legalize gay marriage is going too far.

"legalizing love" is also a slippery slope concept, can a man who loves his dog/cat marry it and qualify for a HDB flat- what are the limits of morality?

AFAIK, there are no laws to penalize gays in Singapore except for very public buggery which is an obvious a public obscenity.

Any person, gay or otherwise should be judged upon his performance in the job concerned. The share price of Google is already very high (USD571.19 a piece at current [Yahoo Finance]) an immense rise from US$85 a piece- its 19Aug2004 IPO price, isn't that enough credit to its growth and profitability?

In short, Google's unofficial motto is "Don't be evil"- Google shouldn't be placing unnecessary strains on the morals of society simply to suite its company profitability.

For the unifocal purpose of corporate profitability, Google has decided to open the Pandora's box to gay marriage- in this respect, Google is an evil company.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Motto of Google is Don't be Evil. So they cannot be.

Haha, and U believe everything that they say...

Or are U LGBT and so have interest in obtaining marriage rights simply for the privileges that it might entail?

As reported, Google in in it for the $$$ (they say LGBT senior employees will increase their company profitability), are U a share holder of Google shares/ what benefit do U obtain from allowing LGBT to get legally married?

Last edited:

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[LGBT 'legal marriage proposal']: Google has lost its way.

[LGBT 'legal marriage proposal']: Google has lost its way.
id_peace said:
Re: Thread: Domestic Google Wants to Legalize Same Sex Marriage Worldwide
I beg to be difference. Even through I do not belong to those cat, I believe that everyone has an equal right to love and freedom. It does not matter that who they like is not what is the society norm so long as they are happy.
Singapore is already a mature society so I hope that it might happen.
U said: "everyone has an equal right to love and freedom"

But isn't it limited by the necessary good towards society?
I.e. kids (<18yrs) are not allowed to drive cars no matter if they can actually ace theory or practical driving tests since they are understood not to have the responsibility to drive responsibly (yes some minority might prove otherwise but as they say, any death on the road is one too many)- thus kids are NOT allowed to drive/ possess driving licenses; same for LGBT couples.

Nobody is preventing them from having kids the natural way (M-F intercourse) but society doesn't have to bend backwards to allow them the rights to adopt when it cannot guarantee the safety of the child (maybe a single female can be a foster mum for a child under supervision of authorities but not an independent parent AFAIK).

- I love the freedom of driving after a drink (tipple), so why should I be stopped by the police?

Will national security be threatened as some males decide to take the effeminate path in gay relationships resulting in the abandonment of national security concerns?

Nobody is stopping gays from cohabiting in so far as intimate sexual behaviors (including heterosexual or otherwise) do not become a public nuisance.

So for Google to suggest allowing gays the legal right of marriage is callous, irresponsible and probably a decision driven not by social consciousness but by greed.

In the light of the coming financial crisis (picts below), perhaps Google ought explain to me why I shouldn't be entitled to get married to say the pencil eraser on my table and declare my goldfish as kids, just to gain access to subsidised public housing benefits reserved for families with kids (and further burden government expenditure).

Google is being irresponsible by only focusing upon its bottom line, Google has misplaced her founding motto, Google has lost its way.

Hyperinflation/ financial crisis related photographs:
aa-Dees-bernanke-printing-money-with-obama-and-biden-watching.jpg
[pict source: Criminal Cartel Moves Forward With Printing $500 Billion In Funny Money]

bernanke-drops-money-from-helicopters.jpg
[pict source: Dear Ben, Please Print Us More Money]

hyperinflation-zimbabwe10.jpg
[Source: Hyperinflation In Zimbabwe]

Last edited: