• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

@leongsam's legs can become so horrible from cycling GPGT! Asshole also torn!

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/sport/460206-cyclist-legs-giro-ditalia/

HomeSport News

Pedal pain: Cyclist displays shocking effects on legs during grueling Giro d’Italia (PHOTOS)
Published time: 24 May, 2019 18:12 Edited time: 24 May, 2019 18:54
Get short URL
5ce83364dda4c8ec468b459b.jpg

Main: AFP / Luk Benies | Inset: Instagram / josejoaquinrojas

Cycling star Jose Joaquin Rojas has displayed the savage toll taken on his legs by the grueling Giro d’Italia, where the 33-year-old Spaniard is competing for Movistar Team.
Rojas took to Instagram to share the effects that 12 stages of the 2,186-mile race have had on his legs so far.
The shocking post showed the rider’s muscular legs bulging with veins as he posed in his Movistar gear.
Rojas captioned the picture: “Stage 13 of the Giro d-Italia, prepared for war, no?”

However gruesome, huge veins such as those displayed by Rojas are nothing unusual for top-level cyclists.
Doctors described the phenomenon earlier this year in Cycling Weekly, explaining how training provides top riders with an “expanded supply of oxygenated blood to the muscles and the extraction of deoxygenated blood, via veins, back to the heart and lungs.”
That leads to greater dimensions for the veins to meet this extra demand for blood and oxygen – which in this case would have been increased for Rojas after his considerable exertions at the Giro d’Italia.

Friday’s stage 13 was clinched by Russia’s Ilnur Zakarin, who moved up to third in the overall classification.

Rojas lies 41st overall on a time of 55 hours, 1 minute and 2 seconds, while the general classification is led by Slovenia’s Jan Polanc of UAE Team Emirates.
Also on rt.com ‘I ripped my ass’: Russian cyclist on winning medals with shocking injury
There will be no respite for Rojas and his legs – nor the other riders – as they negotiate Saturday’s 81-mile (131km) mountain stage from Saint Vincent to Courmayeur which features five monster climbs.

https://www.rt.com/sport/450788-daria-shmeleva-ripped-ass-cycling/

‘I ripped my ass’: Russian cyclist on winning medals with shocking injury
Published time: 6 Feb, 2019 13:00 Edited time: 6 Feb, 2019 13:22
Get short URL
5c5ad736dda4c8926f8b4597.jpg

© Instagram / dafna639

Russian cyclist Daria Shmeleva has said that sometimes the price of victory is high as she revealed that she won three European titles last summer with a torn gluteal muscle.
At one of the training sessions (before the European championship) we were working on hill climbing and acceleration technique while riding in pairs,” Shmeleva said talking to Match TV.
READ MORE: ‘Not fair’: World cycling bronze medalist criticizes transgender athlete’s victory
The next day after the training I felt pain in right gluteus muscle exactly in a place where it joins posterior surface of thigh. I thought it was mere stretching and the muscle could heal itself. So I didn’t say anything to my coach.”
5c5ac8f3dda4c83c6f8b457f.jpg

Russian cyclist Daria Shmeleva © Sputnik / Grigory Sysoev
Without a computing tomography scan (CT scan) to assess the injury, the 24-year-old cyclist went to Glasgow (UK) to take part in the continental tournament where she earned three gold medals.
After undergoing a detailed medical observation, the newly-crowned champion was informed that the alleged stretching was in fact a muscle rupture which could have made her pull out of the European tournament had it been detected earlier.

When it was discovered that I had seriously injured the right gluteus muscle all of the doctors were shocked saying they had never seen anything like this (winning awards with a torn muscle) before.
"‘Now we know what the phrase ‘to rip your ass’ looks like,’ they said
,” the cyclist added.
Shmeleva made a splash at the 2018 European championship claiming four awards, including two individual titles, one team sprint gold and a bronze taken in the keirin.

Trends:Russia news