• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

leecap: Takagi Ramen owner lodged police report against Ministry of Food for refusing to return deposit

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yang Kaiheng

This post was written mainly for my prison friends who I’ve kept in contact with since coming out from prison. Thank you for the regular meet-ups and coffee session. And to the majority of my friends, who are not ex-cons, don’t be a dick like Ms Lena, CEO of Ministry of Food. -----------

For the first time in 5 years, I truly felt openly discriminated as an ex-con and I share here to encourage anyone facing discrimination: Don’t let it stop you. Try even harder to find your own success. The world is so big, you don’t need to be brought down by those who still insist on denying you opportunities in this day and age.

When I submitted a Letter of Intent (LOI) to rent a unit and handed over a goodwill deposit cheque for $16,000 to the master tenant, Ministry of Food Pte Ltd (MOF) in December 2019, I was excited to be taking the first step in getting ready to open Takagi Ramen’s 5th Outlet in April this year. However, despite accepting the LOI and banking in my cheque, it turned out MOF was unable to give the terms requested in the LOI. (We had requested a fresh lease with the mall landlord, as the sublease from MOF would only last 1.5 years and would be void suddenly if MOF moved out). Since MOF couldn’t grant this, according to the LOI, MOF should have immediately refunded the goodwill deposit.

But MOF delayed and dragged and repeatedly missed deadlines to refund the money. After 3 missed deadlines and over 3 weeks of waiting for the return of the goodwill deposit, I finally lodged a police report (attached below) and emailed Ms Lena Sim the CEO of MOF directly to again, more firmly, request the money be returned.

Instead of simply refunding the deposit money which by this stage undisputedly, legally belongs to Takagi Ramen, Ms Sim penned a scathing email , digging up my case from 5 years ago and using it to label me, today, as a serial liar (full email attached below). She clearly suggested that ex-cons are incapable of changing and sent the email to the mall landlord, who also owns several other mall spaces that I am interested to expand to in the near future. Her email demonstrates her bias and disgust towards ex-cons and I can only hope that the mall landlord does not reject me from other leasing opportunities in their malls in the future due to Lena’s discriminatory email.

A lot more at https://tinyurI.com/42ux9bah

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They always love to hype up the towkay cheebais on the local media. :biggrin:
Same with Olivia Lum, Jannie Tay/Chan etc.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our spf is good for nothing one lah
There is always a criminal act that spf can make use to start investigate. Don't believe go read on Singapore law act. Then the accuse can land herself in Court. Spf or AG have the sign to win as many cases. Their career therefore prosper.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheeby name her own business a Ministry. Must be a PAP worshipper

U think? lol... she even screwed the owners of Takagi Ramen cos they were thrown in jail due to sedition and infringing on copyrights of Shit Times.

https://mothership.sg/2020/02/takagi-ramen-ministry-of-food/

Lena Sim wrote a nasty email to the realtor who rented to Takagi Ramen
1619527522048.png

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I never waste time reading autobiographies or media interviews done on supposedly famous/successful people. Most of the time there is no investigative journalism and the journalist simply allows the subject in question to say whatever BS he/she wants to say.

I've come across so many of such cases such whereby what I heard from people working under them is very different to the stuff they put up in a public relations exercise. Last time when Sunday Times used to feature a successful businessman/investor every week, I was also able to reach out to a few people who know some of them, most sound like BS to me as well.

a_korusawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, yang kaiheng can take lena sim's letter to court for defamations and damages!
what it had to do with LOI deposits and space rentals for an infringement case, a historical event that had already been settled years apart?
moreover, there's no criminal case since it was already settled with sph outta court

and most importantly both couple had done times in prison for their convictions in sedition. so, its over!
what has it gotta do with holding back $16K on LOI ???

in fact, ramen owner can even post an adverse event against lena sim in newspaper!
warning whole nation what ministry of food actually is . . . .