• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Wei Ling: What Keeps Me Rooted To Singapore

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately we have been reading quite a bit of the family stories.

Two articles namely "Majie Recalls Life With The Lees" and "What Keeps Me Rooted To Singapore" about the story of a same family appear in the same day's paper.

Is this something rather unusual..?

The publishing of news is carefully orchestrated. The Straits Times does not publish these stories for nothing.

Shanyu yu lai feng man lou - The rising wind forbodes the coming storm!

Is something in the brewing..?

Every article is there for a reason for shit times, especially if its concern the royal family.

1.) Brainwash - To show the human side of a despot, a family man, with true feeling like love and hate and struggle, like you and me, so you can relate more to him as a everyday joe, not the Traitor who work for the japs and jail dissident without trial and promote his family and cronies to high office controlling your life and rob you from your constitution rights for the pass 40 years.

2.) Don't Hurt Me - After ruling for 40 years, he can smell the burned flesh of MP Seng, which is a bad sign because if he is so loved by the people he rule, how can this happen? If people's attitude is he deserve it, then what will happen to me when I lost power?? SO better start showing the mellow and humane side of my family now.

3.) Ah Bian Effect - After 8 years in power, he is now in jail awaiting corruption charges and can be put away for life, So looking at the wind of change today, he is slowly but surely loosing the support from the ground, he may end up like Ah Bian, the difference is, he got 40 years of dirt under the rug. So got to start spinning now before he lost the control of the media.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Communism is a US conjured bogeyman?

I guess you prefer to eat out of coconut husks instead of normal bowls?

Maybe you like having your family estate "liberated" the new government?

There's no argument that in the immediate post-WWII world, that the Soviets worked very, very hard to spread communism around the world, as the US did try to spread capitalism at the same time.

But once China and Vietnam reclaimed their position as the sole governing party of their respective countries, especially in the aftermath of the Vietnam War, communist countries were less sure about spreading communism, especially when now they have to govern their own countries and have had their own set of problems.

So when Vietnam was finally reunited, under the Vietnamese Communist party, I do feel that Vietnam didn't want to spread communism, as much as at that time learning that governing a country is vastly different from commanding a communist guerilla army in the jungle. In fact Vietnam and China once fought each other even though both were communist at that time.

And now Vietnam and China are just as capitalist as their former capitalistic enemies and neighbours, albeit still driven largely by state-owned companies, and not mainly by private companies.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
1)She kena serious surgical complication and is now in hospital. In 2002 and 2003, she also kena surgical accidents which nearly end her life. What is wrong with her that she needs to go surgery that often? And I wonder who are the surgeons who committed these accidents and what happen to them now? Are they still practising surgeons in Singapore?

SGNEWS, u raised some very good points here. Although she mentioned some surgical complications, she also mentioned surgical accidents. As a dr. she should know the diff and would not have used it in the wrong context. this begs the next questions that I want to ask. Given thaty a child of LKY will certainly get the very best medical care, very best surgeons, OR staff, etc, yet there are medical accidents. That is pretty scary. Medical accident for me is the surgems knicking an organ he should not have, or someone leaving a sponge in the body. Unlike u, i don't care about what is wrong with her, but the fact some one like her received substandard medical care is a comdemnation of the quality of medical care in s'pore. Us peasants will be lucky to receive 50% of her care

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear SG

She might come from an illustrious familee but her philosophical differences from her family are as different from night and day. She might not be the politician in a family of politicians but like Marina Mahatir she uses her name for causes and values she believes in and in retrospect though its not stated these values diverge from that of the family she comes from.

Locke

Locke, get your head out of your fucking arse. She is a Lee, is there anything else that needs to be said. If she really wants to use her name for her causes and value, why dun she run for election as a SDP candidate? that will really support what u say about her. Otherwise, she os just another fucking LEEch.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
3. Why did LKY told his children that they are not obliged to stay and fight for Singapore? Isn't not the duty of every Singaporean to do so? If not, then what the hell is National Service Conscription for?

Yeah, that is a really good question. Everyone knows NS is for peasants, not elites. In fact, by implication, Gay Loong would not have been obliged to stay if he had not been in the SAF by than. Also, I dun understand that part. According to her, Mama and LKY would stay to fight. Gay Loong also has to stay because he is in the SAF. The other 3 are not obliged to stay. What 3? Isn't there hsien Yang, and her? That's 2 only, right? Or is there a 3rd child that no one knows of? Contrast this Lee family which is just a front and a fraud with other notable families.
Kennedy - One of the richest and most influential family in America. Eldest son Joe kennedy Jr. killed in action during a bombing raid in Berlin in his B-17
JFK, shot up by japanese, lost his torpedo boat and could have easily been killed.
The British Royal family - Prince Andrew served in the Falklands war, Prince Harry served in Afghanistan.
Lee family - Run country as soon as you can. Fucking useless leadership.