• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Ka-shing 李嘉誠 came to die together with LEEgime

LEEgime

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://hk.news.yahoo.com/event/fc/20110119/hklks01.html

李嘉誠棄港投星 分拆碼頭星洲上巿

16jc47a02ce3ls-i0.jpg

李嘉誠棄港投星 分拆碼頭星洲上巿

屢屢把握高位沽貨的李嘉誠,再次施展財技「賣產」。他擔任主席的和記黃埔(0013),昨日公布打算把香港和深圳貨櫃碼頭資產分拆到新加坡上市,只會保留小量股權,市場估計可套現三四百億元...

到KPost討論李嘉誠分拆碼頭星洲上巿
相關新聞圖片
重點文章

* 李嘉誠分拆碼頭星洲上巿 大幅減持港深碼頭權益 分析指看淡珠三角出口(明報)(05:05)
* 信託基金分拆 推高賣產估值(明報)(05:05)
* 長三角廠起飛 珠三角廠難捱(明報)(05:05)

和黃港口分拆吸逾500億
(星島) 1月19日 星期三 05:30

(星島日報報道)李嘉誠旗下長和系,繼籌備分拆人民幣Reit(房地產信託基金)上市後,再有新動作。和黃(013)昨公布,委任星展銀行、德意志銀行及高盛等聯合發售經辦人,申請把和黃在香港及深圳的貨櫃碼頭業...
長三角廠起飛 珠三角廠難捱
(明報) 1月19日 星期三 05:05

【明報專訊】近年不少來自大陸西北地區的勞工,寧願留在長三角地區打工,不願再南下到珠三角,香港中小型企業商會坦言,珠三角廠商除要面對大幅加薪挽留工人的成本壓力,支付勞工住宿膳食等生活配套的通脹問題亦十分 ...
信託基金分拆 推高賣產估值

【明報專訊】要解讀和黃(0013)分拆的玄機,除了要了解和黃為什麼單是選擇分拆葵青貨櫃碼頭及深圳鹽田港權益外,另一關鍵是為何選擇新加坡商業信託基金(Business Trust),而不是以新股形式在香...
李嘉誠分拆碼頭星洲上巿 大幅減持港深碼頭權益 分析指看淡珠三角出口

【明報專訊】屢屢把握高位沽貨的李嘉誠,再次施展財技「賣產」。他擔任主席的和記黃埔(0013),昨日公布打算把香港和深圳貨櫃碼頭資產分拆到新加坡上市,只會保留小量股權,市場估計可套現三四百億元。和黃今次...

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
All about business. LKS is known to play close to vest and likes to moves fast. However if he needs to arrange for financing, news will leak out and the moment of surprise is lost.

With MM (Singapore has the cash but not the great investment insights) it is a win win. LKS can easily go after a $30B company and financing is just one phone call and a nod. Singapore gets to ride on a great investor and at the same time avoid that SWF moniker.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
All about business. LKS is known to play close to vest and likes to moves fast. However if he needs to arrange for financing, news will leak out and the moment of surprise is lost.

With MM (Singapore has the cash but not the great investment insights) it is a win win. LKS can easily go after a $30B company and financing is just one phone call and a nod. Singapore gets to ride on a great investor and at the same time avoid that SWF moniker.
I do not share yr optimism,sorry

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LKS is a market timer, simply buy low, sell high but on a massive scale.

Nobody knows what he'll buy next, but everytime he IPOs something, it more like passing the buck to the hapless investor who thinks that they are buying into the midas touch when it is more likely to be in for a rough ride.

To me, LKS "sharing" his wealth with a sale of company shares indicates that that sector will not be healthy in the near horizon.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh, no need to apologize. Each one entitled to their own pov lah.

If you look, LKS has been really close to MM. A few years back he donated $100M to Lee Kuan Yew School of public policy. It is good to have close contact to money tree.

I do not share yr optimism,sorry

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lks for all hype can only make money in china and hk.
His overseas ventures overseas in angmo countries does not have the Midas touch that is always touted around. Even Singapore when he first foray into properties, he had to sit on massive paper losses for awhile.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nobody knows what he'll buy next, but everytime he IPOs something, it more like passing the buck to the hapless investor who thinks that they are buying into the midas touch when it is more likely to be in for a rough ride.

To me, LKS "sharing" his wealth with a sale of company shares indicates that that sector will not be healthy in the near horizon.
That is interesting,it seems that he is the exact oppositie to MM LKY who BUYs HIGH,SELLs LOW.

Now I know whey they are such great buddy,they are perfect complemently to each other!

Last edited:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks for sharing. brought to mind tom.com a few years back.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee KaShing is a smart guy, he donates money to leave a legacy behind. Believe it or not, there is a whole bldg named after him in Berekely Univ in the USA because he donated money

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thread starter LEEgime's hatred for PAP has made him lose (not loose) his sense.. he sounds like an idiot who does not know what he is talking about!!

Obviously, LEEgime doesn't really know who Li Ka Shing is and Li business background/history before he sprouted this shit here....

:smile:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lks for all hype can only make money in china and hk.
His overseas ventures overseas in angmo countries does not have the Midas touch that is always touted around. Even Singapore when he first foray into properties, he had to sit on massive paper losses for awhile.

Talking through your arse. When he built Suntec City, he recovered his capital after sell two (out of five) towers.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking through your arse. When he built Suntec City, he recovered his capital after sell two (out of five) towers.

yes of course he made money in the long run.
I said he did not always have the instant midas touch overseas. In singapore there were some condos that he suffered paper losses. Note i said paper losses. In UK there was one telco he had to sell at a loss. Not always buy at lowest.