• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Yang

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that Halimah qualified because she was the Speaker id the Parliament.
With respect, I believe that she does not have sufficient business and accounting knowledge.
It is a shame that the PAP made that amendment for a reserved Presidential election, more so when Singapore projects to the world, an apparent observant Muslim, who lacks financial knowledge and the experience of a major corporation.
Agree. Halimah lacks the basic qualities and qualification to do what the EP is expected to do. Her only qualification as Speaker of Parliament was PAP engineered and is so detestable.

We see whether pap dares to put her up for re election

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. Halimah lacks the basic qualities and qualification to do what the EP is expected to do. Her only qualification as Speaker of Parliament was PAP engineered and is so detestable.

she’s the perfect candidate. indian can, malay can, woman can, tudung can, but most important be nice to pap also can.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It would be a real test for Singaporeans to consider Halimah, and non PAP endorsed candidate.
I hope that becomes a reality.
An open Presidential Election, with Halimah and a non PAP endorsed candidate.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be real test for Singaporeans to consider Halimah, and non PAP endorsed candidate.
I hope that becomes a reality.
An open Presidential Election, with Halimah and a non PAP endorsed candidate.
My take is halimah is only a one term selected president. Her purpose was to deny TCB his Presidency. I also hope for an open presidential election with halimah on pap's side and against a truly singaporean candidate

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My take is halimah is only a one term selected president. Her purpose was to deny TCB his Presidency. I also hope for an open presidential election with halimah on pap's side and against a truly singaporean candidate
I agree.
I believe that Halimah was chosen for that immoral objective.
I doubt that Halimah would contest in the forthcoming Presidential elections.
I speculate that she will claim that she desires to spend more time with her family, and to allow another individual to be the President, with a fresh perspective.
Very noble indeed.
The PAP probably has several potential candidates within its ranks.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.
I believe that Halimah was chosen for that immoral objective.
I doubt that Halimah would contest in the forthcoming Presidential elections.
I speculate that she will claim that she desires to spend more time with her family, and to allow another individual to be the President, with a fresh perspective.
Very noble indeed.
The PAP probably has several potential candidates within its ranks.
Agree with you. Tony Tan and Halimah know they are not worthy to be President of Singapore and they didnt have the mandate. To stand in 2023, halimah knows she has a more than even chance of losing.

A popular OTC stood against a reluctant nominated Chua Kim Yeow who didnt even campaign in the 1st Presidential Election in 1983. Chua succeeded in getting 41.3% of the valid votes. Tony Tan managed to get only 35% of the valid votes at the 2011 PE.

If halimah is silly to stand for re election in 2023 and if PE is truly fair, she will be solidly defeated by someone like TCB or LHY.

PAP has many people it can put up at the 2023 PE. GCT, Khaw Boon Wan, halimah, Tharman, HC, etc Anyone put up by pap will secure at least 35% vote as shown by Tony Tan.

We hope the alternative can put up someone credible like TCB or LHY who are truly works for betterment of singapore and singaporeans. Using Chua Kim Yeow as a guide, anyone standing against the pap candidate will get at least 35% of the votes.

The other 30% are fence seaters who can swing the results. So our job is to put up a good candidate to defeat the pa[ candidate