• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Yang

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am predicting that the next Elected President will be from "Other race" ie maybe eurasian but not chinese not indian not malay.

But wont be Chinese. Already too many chinese EP. So far no other races yet and LHL did say that Other race was one of the 4 major "races" to have EP from so that people know anyone can be President not just one race.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politicians above 55 years old should retire & relax from the political scene & let the new generation runs the country. Don't be greedy to cling on to power. There are much more things to do than that while you are still healthy & can move around
Age is one factor. The other is the tenure should be restricted to 2 terms like US President. Look at LHL. He is jaded. No energy. Overstayed?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am predicting that the next Elected President will be from "Other race" ie maybe eurasian but not chinese not indian not malay.

But wont be Chinese. Already too many chinese EP. So far no other races yet and LHL did say that Other race was one of the 4 major "races" to have EP from so that people know anyone can be President not just one race.
I hope PE 2025 will be a true Election...the people's choice

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wise words, GoldenDragon. PAP wants an obedient, subservient president. But that is not what Singapore wants or needs. Singaporeans must vote in an independent President who cares for Singapore and Singaporeans. Another president like SRN, TT or halimah will do more harm to Singapore.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans need an Elected President who is wise, discerning, independent and not tainted by the PAP. Another pap crony president is bad for Singapore

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just based on the requirement for financial management alone, how many will actually even qualify to
get an application form?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know whether it is constitutionally possible. I was hoping in 2019 that LHY leads PSP's team in a GRC and helps the team trash pap's team. Then come PE, LHY withdraws from the PSP's GRC team and stands for PE. I believe LHY will be able to help PS team win a GRC at the GE and help Singaporeans by soundly defeating the pap endorsed candidate at the PE. That wld be wonderful

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I dont know whether it is constitutionally possible. I was hoping in 2019 that LHY leads PSP's team in a GRC and helps the team trash pap's team. Then come PE, LHY withdraws from the PSP's GRC team and stands for PE. I believe LHY will be able to help PS team win a GRC at the GE and help Singaporeans by soundly defeating the pap endorsed candidate at the PE. That wld be wonderful
Altogether now!!! VOTE AH!!!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is unfairly raising artificial entry barrier. But halimah qualifies...it is laughable
I believe that Halimah qualified because she was the Speaker id the Parliament.
With respect, I believe that she does not have sufficient business and accounting knowledge.
It is a shame that the PAP made that amendment for a reserved Presidential election, more so when Singapore projects to the world, an apparent observant Muslim, who lacks financial knowledge and the experience of a major corporation.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Step 1, deny them the 2/3 majority in Parliament.
I have been advocating this for a long time.
Singaporeans who are eligible to vote at the General Elections, must take all the necessary steps, as well as to persuade and convince their family, relatives, friends and colleagues, not to vote for any PAP candidate.
Since the PAP has always had a very significant majority, and had made numerous amendments to the Constitution, Singaporeans must never aow that to happen again.